Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

hej jag kan inte logga in i Canvas med min inloggning , kan ni hjälpa ? kursen startar nästa vecka , jag hoppas ni kan hjälpa så fort som möjligt. mvh Translation from Google Translate Subject: login Body: hi I can not log in to Canvas with my login,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm an instructor. I'm trying to use audio feedback with my microphone to student assignments via speed grader. The issue I'm having is tha: 1-I have a assignment selected and a specific student's submissions in front of me. I begin r...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, please I need an urgent help here. I finished typing my assignment, I highlighted it to copy it, but unfortunately it all disappeared. How I please recover this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Like the title says, I am trying to determine which admin enrolled a student into a course. Is this possible? Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I would like to enable any student at my school to sign up for zoom office hours on canvas, not just those enrolled in my course. Is it possible for me to share the calendar and the appointment scheduler to people in my school, just not in my ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to delete some old assignment groups for a new class (the assignments are showing up as blank, unpublished columns in the Canvas grade book), but the "delete" option is grayed out.  Do I have to delete each assignment piecemeal?  There's ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

This is a great guide and I recall it worked easily last year.  This year, the "observing" tab is not visible anywhere, so there is no way for me to pair my student.  I have a code, I know where to go, the choice is not there to actually do it.  Any ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An instructor had created an assignment say at 11am this morning. They had published it, set a due date, no availability or until dates, and the assignment was not in a module. The hour after it was created and published the students still could not ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, My students have done a quiz and I want to mark if they passed or not through speedgrader. But that field is grayed out. The only students who got marked as passed were the ones who got 100%. There is no option to set the limit lower than 100%. T...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Suppose I have a question bank with exactly 15 questions and for some assignment I create a question group which draws 15 questions from this bank. Will all 15 questions from the bank appear, or may there be some repetition? Alternatively, is there a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, everyone!I have 4 different preparation courses and usually, I add from 50 to 100 people at a time. I cannot do self-enrollment, I need to add them from the teacher's side.I can add only one person at a time now.So terrible and I am having ser...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have used the same code to make tabs last school year with no issues.  The tabs work as the template, however whenever I try to personalize the tabs (like I did last school year) and save it will begin to glitch as I'm trying to view the finished p...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Classic Quizzes, you could create tables or multiple columns for fill in the blank questions. For example: Type the capital of the following states: StateCapitalAlabama[Montgomery]Alaska[Juneau]Arizona[Phoenix]    Does anyone have a good workaroun...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For years now, I've had this problem and can't figure it out. Sometimes (but not always) when I use the space bar to put space between two elements, such as images of buttons sitting side by side, Canvas will show the empty space as having a strange ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to use Google LTI 1.3 to link to Docs/Slides/etc. within a Module, or to embed the item in a Page. However, I keep getting an error message that says "Drive items not shared. Share the Drive files publicly and try again." I am able to crea...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We noticed a new button in the Rich Content Editor toolbar that promises to add buttons and icons. But nothing appears to change in the RCE. Is there a new feature coming to the RCE? https://youtu.be/RX4KFuo79j8

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi I'm Alexa i honestly don't know how to use none of this and I'm super new to everything of this and especially in canvas but learning new things is not bad and i know if one can do it then i can too and ill get through this 

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know if the built in plagiarism checker does peer to peer submission checks or does it just compare submissions to things online or a database somewhere?  Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I understand that iframe allows you to embed a web page within a web page, but when it was time to try it out, I get a message saying that the page may have moved, edited or eliminated.  Can someone show me how to do it properly? I´d really appreciat...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why would the Pages tool need to be visible in Course Navigation in order for the MS Immersive Reader to display? That seems more than just a little odd. Hiding inventory bases tools, and linking to Pages within Modules is an important and common des...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't figure out how to assign multiple due dates (1st for post, 2nd for responses) in the 8/18/21 release of Canvas Discussions Redesign. Will there be directions or a breakdown on how to do this? 

• 1 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hello, I have students both in-person and online so all of my assignments have a digital submission option. This means all my in-person students (about 60 of them) have their assignments that they submit on paper automatically marked as missing. It i...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone, in our course we want to make some content available to every students and some content available only to specific sections/workgroups. How is it possible to do that?I found posts dating to 2016, this is from 2018, asking this same quest...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues, we enabled attendance in New Analytics, but I have a question regarding options/configuration. There are options for Admins to set quizzes, assignments, etc. as attendance indicators. If I enable these options as an Admin, does that force...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Im not sure if I am doing this right lol  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hiya! My school is currently shopping around for a new LMS and one of the options we're considering is Canvas. I'd love to hear what your experience with the platform has been like and possibly how it compares in practice to Google Classroom (+ G S...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Trying to batch edit dates from a course that was copied from the previous year and the dates were not removed or adjusted. If the "Sync to SIS" (Aspire) box is checked, you cannot use the batch edit feature. You have to go to each assignment and unc...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HomeSyllabusAnnouncementsModulesGradesPeopleOffice 365FolioGoogle DriveMcGraw-Hill Connect

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello  I \uploaded an mp4 video submission to my canvas course discussion board. But when i view it, the audio and video are out of sync.  It's perfectly fine when i view it as saved on my computer, but once it's uploaded, the speaking no longer matc...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have found some great explinations on shifting assignments. The problem is that it counts weekends so when I shift 3 days, they can become due on Saturday or Sunday?  Is there a way to aviod this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies