Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Respected Instructure Team, I want my following course as public so that everyone can take benefit of this.here is my course URL below.My course LINKPlease help me to make my course visibility as Public ASAP so that I can get started adding course de...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Kia Ora Canvas Whanau, I've been utilising a script embedded into a google document so I can get my students to submit their work in the assignments section and I can see it and give feedback in Speedgrader. This method has been working for 2 Years u...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My biggest frustration with Canvas and this community page is that so many great ideas for features are suggested by teachers who use Canvas every day, yet they are routinely ignored. Who cares if there aren't "enough votes". I only know about this w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This will be the first "official" time I will be using lockdown browser with webcam in one of my classes due to a flex modality.  Have any of you put wording directly in your syllabus regarding the lockdown browser, and if so, what did you say other ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a "calculated assignment" where the course instructor can create an assignment that has a score based on previous assignments. One example may be if an instructor wanted to create an assignment that automatically calculated t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having a very frustrating issue with my assignments being sorted randomly. I manually go through on the Assignments page and drag and drop them into the correct order, but when I navigate away and come back, they're back to being all messed up: ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I'm using an OER textbook. I'd like to assign students to read a chapter each week. Right now, I do this by adding a page and then assigning a due date to the page. But, could I just put the external URL into the module with a due date.  I...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

While I was crafting a long message to my instructor, I accidentally hit the escape key. Whoosh—Just like that, the last 30 minutes of my day just vanishes. When this happens, is my writing gone with the wind, or is there some kind of drafts box I do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have received shared content from a collegue.  When I try to preview it there is nothing there.  When I try to import it Canvas says it can't open it.  Is this a glitich in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am one of the Account Admin on our instance. We have had changeover in personnel and I need to add Instructor-level Account admins to our instance. When I go in to do this, I am not seeing INSTRUCTOR as an option for assignment. I see Outcome Servi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're relatively new to Canvas.  Last semester, we had all students lose access to their class a few weeks after the term.  Then, we manually placed students with an incomplete into new sections that had later access dates.  It was a bit of a pain to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I be notified of changes to the course calendar via text message? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you receive course notifications via Facebook? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,  I'm a new admin. I frequently embed YouTube videos on pages when I teach as an adjunct. But now I am setting up an instance at work (as an admin). I'm setting up a demo, but when I click the plug icon I don't get anything that will allow me ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using "classic quizzes" all semester, and liked the fact that when I create a timed quiz, the moderation page shows the elapsed time for each student at a glance. Last week I created a "new quiz" (so I could have the questions be shuffled...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student. I took my Final exam last April. Upon checking it today, It appeared that my answers in some questions were not saved and appeared unanswered. Also, some of my answers appeared incomplete. Is there a way to recover those lost and unsa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I been testing the quiz_submission_dim table and quiz_submission_historical_dim. However from the Canvas data portal doc, the two table should have same quiz but the historical dim will have all the version of submission of that particular quiz while...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, several of my assignments in one of my classes are showing as missing. I am worried about it damaging my grades. I know for certain I submitted all of them, but it says they are missing and has automatically given me zeros for them. I guess th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does canvas or is there another type of software that will read to you what's on the page and does not sound like a robot?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I have submitted a PDF to my dropbox on Canvas, but it shows as missing. I am not sure how to rectify this. I am also trying to get in touch with Tech support to help with this issue. Can you please guide me on where to go? Thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-09-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I copied several assignments from one class to another.  The class to which I copied them has the "zero for missing assignments" late policy applied to the Grade Center.  I adjusted the dates of the copied assignments for the new class.  For some rea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

iSAMS is a popular MIS used in the UK and in many (British) International schools. Has anyone any experience working with iSAMS or even better, set up a working integration. Worryingly, Canvas is not on their list of integration partners... Looking f...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi there, I got an assignment where i have to integrate Canvas LMS with a few other external applications , i managed to update canvas LMS based on changes in other systems (for example a user got updated in system A => update Canvas LMS) with the he...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I can't seem to get much help on this aspect, but does anyone know how to get the Early Connect Program attached onto their canvas?   Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've had no problem importing text-only quizzes generated using TestGen into Canvas.   I simply export the quiz from TestGen as a QTI zip file, and then import it into Canvas from the Settings section (specifying that it's QTI zip).  Detailed directi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A professor I support showed me this. Three grades in an Assignment Category. Two are out of 20, one is out of 25. When Canvas calculates the grade for the Category, it gives the result as if all three grades had the same weight. Does Canvas not know...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

When you use a matching question and the student had 1 or more combinations wrong, the score is zero. Is this a bug? -> the student should earn a point for each correct combination.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to merge my Canvas calendar to my apple calendar. Is this a possibility? If so, how do I proceed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New to all this. Late getting in so I’m looking for help with the Midwestern style manual.  •title page •bibliography  ect....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to give all students full credit for a multiple-choice question on a Canvas quiz. I wrote this question myself; it is not from a test bank. I changed one of the multiple-choice answers in order to trigger the Regrade option list, but this list...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-13-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies