Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How does one reset a quiz for later date for one student after the other students have taken that quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-12-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We spelled a student's name incorrectly when enrolling her.  She has gone into her student account to correct the spelling of her name, but this correction is not showing up in the Grade Centre or in the list of students enrolled in the course.  How ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the FREE Canvas version. I would like to add students to my course. It allows me to enter the email addresses as a list, but I cannot specific the names of the students and it forces me to enter the names one by one. Is there a way to bulk...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

After going through the duel authentication, my MacBook Air doesn't show my classes anymore, just shadows of the class boxes that flicker back and forth. Is this something that has occurred with anyone else before?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure how to put "links" into my content.  I have been able to upload files that are already on my computer, but it would be simpler to just have them be able to click a link to go directly to the website.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi stefaniesanders‌,Do you know if there will be InstructureCon 2019 recordings?Tracie

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-11-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Last school year I could add events to all of my courses on the same screen using the calendar drop down list when I created an event. This school year only the calendar for the course I have opened appears in the drop down list. Now I have to open e...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I change the image on my dashboard course card?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Extra Time on a QuizHow do I allow more time for one person in the class?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I cannot see individual students discussion responses in speedgrader. Instead, when I click the speedgrader option on a student's discussion response, I am taken to a screen that says I can view the full discussion to see the responses.I've loo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Thanks in advance for the help.I have 4 Children in our school system and all are using Canvas.  Can I have a "tab" or something like it for each child?All of their information is lumped together as of now.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using question banks or item banks (depending on what version of the quiz create you are using) do you have to see the banks you have for all of your courses?  I don't want to see my general chemistry questions when I'm working in my organic che...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is best practice for reteaching the same course? We offer online PD for teachers. When we close out the budget year, we need to close courses and reopen them in the new budget year. Previously, we made a copy of the course and titled it with the...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know if observers are copied on emails generated from the gradebook (Message Students Who....)? If not, is there a way to copy observers on Message Students Who?Thank you!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Recently, Google introduced a feature in Forms to allow managed Chromebooks to be locked down during a quiz (if you convert the form to a quiz). For districts like mine that use Chromebooks, this is a huge feature release that would greatly enhance o...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I block students from accessing my files tab?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I undo a course import? I imported quizzes and not my existing content has been overridden.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I use Zoom in Canvas to host a conference?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to assign peer reviews to groups of 2 students and I'd like those groups randomly generated. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I email students in a selected class?  The function "Email all" is not responsive.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach in a nursing program. Our students are required to answer 'all that apply' questions to prepare them to be successful on their end-of-program licensing exam. Currently, if a student only selects some of the correct responses to a question but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my main canvas dashboard, I have a notification saying I have unread discussions. When I go into the discussions I have marked them all as read and unsubscribed, yet the notification remains. I am not sure why this won't go away. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A parent contacted me and told me that her son is not able to login to Canvas.  When I looked at his account, it showed that "Last Request" was today at 1:25 pm, which was just 30 minutes ago.  Does "Last Request" mean that he actually logged in succ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student in my list "People" who is not enrolled in the course. He has asked to be removed. How do I remove him?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I open Rich Content Editor in order to record video for an assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I thought I had a canvas email account, since I have a valencia.edu email? correct? Is Canvas just the site valencia uses for courses?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can anyone assist and tell me when I send a feedback video to one of my students via speed grader.  Where is that video reply stored? I can't seem to find it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not able to get my google site to work here is he message I get after following the steps required on the tutorial

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

NO HE PODIDO CONTACTAR A MIS PROFESORES Y NO SE COMO BUSCARLAS EN CANVASTranslation from Google Translate:I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT MY TEACHERS AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOOK FOR THEM IN CANVAS

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-13-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have two two dates for a two part discussion assignment?  (For example, each students' post that answers the prompt is due on Friday. Then responses to peers posts are due on Sunday.)  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies