All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2016. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

snufer​ commented here on the attention that was paid to thematic detail at the conference venue, and that reminded me that I hadn't yet shared this photo. (Link to comment might require copy/paste https://community.canvaslms.com/message/44048#commen...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Presentation by APRIL MILLET & STEVIE ROCCOThis was an interesting presentation from Penn State about 4 different types of rubrics, since different learning situations may require different rubrics. For example, if we are facilitating a large course ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presenter: Jason Abbitt This session described a pilot study to research whether or not student page view data provides any insight into establishing a Community of Inquiry. Although nothing conclusive was determined from the research, and page views...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The most important takeaways from this session were:The video that demonstrates using the mobile app from both the instructor and student perspectives: https://vimeo.com/174266478A Day in the Life with Canvas Mobile from Ryan on Vimeo.This video will...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There are many great updates coming to Quizzes, but unfortunately they will not launch until 2017. What’s different is that quizzes will be created through LTI integration (by creating an assignment).Some features that our faculty have been requestin...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 8 Likes
  • 1 Replies

At our final KumbaiAwesome hoedown on Thursday night, while watching the Dirt Band play, I received my final reminder of why we were all there and what it was all about - teaching and learning. I was reminded that we all are teachers irregardless of ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not a developer, but have created websites using HTML, XML, and CSS and have set up online forms that connect to databases. The ability to create an LTI seems doable to me and is exciting! I would have to learn to code in Python, Ruby, or even P...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In this session, presenter Christi Wruck demonstrated how the updated gradebook will have some great new features including:Collapsible columns to help with navigationImproved annotationCrosshairs to help with identifying where you are in the gradebo...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Video is pervasive: For example, Canvas courses average 11.3 videosWe have 10 sec. to engage students w/videoAccording to Julian Ridden from Instructure,"Effective learning is more than just consumption" so we should"Take video and make it interactiv...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Introduction:Amazon provides grants for free labs/training cloud, open course content, and online and in-person communities for educators and educational institutions.Details:When Amazon first started to provide cloud services, they realized that the...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 0 Replies