All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2016. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Tap/click map to enlargeSteve KleinCalifornia Community Colleges Technology Center - HigherEdIn the year since Canvas became the LMS for the California Community Colleges Online Education Initiative (OEI), half of the colleges have implemented Canvas...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeAaron Metzcar & James Young​Belhaven University - HigherEdCampers are invited to explore how Belhaven University is using data derived from Dropout Detective, Tutor.com, student end-of-course surveys, and faculty observations ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeAlexandra StarkUniversity of Michigan - HigherEdSome would say, "No one ever graduated from a library, but nobody ever graduated without one." In this session, we will discuss our local challenges and successes while establish...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

tap/click map to enlargeSu Wang & Brian Payne University of California, Irvine - HigherEdTransitioning from a 20 year old homebuilt LMS with full control over the stack to hosted Canvas was no easy feat. We'll cover the lessons learned while integrat...

Community Member
InstructureCon 2016
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeMario Guerra​Ryan Myers​The University of Texas at Austin - HigherEdUT Austin is embarking on a large-scale assessment project to determine student mastery for accreditation in the History Department. We are using this pilot t...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeRichard EdwardsBall State University - HigherEdBased on the course design and learning outcomes of a large Canvas Network Course (TCM Presents Into the Darkness: Investigating Film Noir), Dr. Richard Edwards shares how this on...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeLaura OrsettiFrontier Nursing University - HigherEdUsing Canvas Conferences, Frontier Nursing University has designed an innovative learning experience for nursing students to role-play with a trained live actor, allowing them...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

tap/click to enlargeJason Abbitt​ and Darrel DavisMiami University - HigherEdWhen you’re knee-deep in data about your online courses, how do you find meaningful information that leads to action? This session will provide an overview of a current proj...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeApril Lynn Millet & Stevie RoccoPennsylvania State University - HigherEdRubrics are used for formative and summative assessments, as well as for student self-assessment and peer review. This session will cover best practices a...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeRyan SeilhamerUniversity of Central Florida - HigherEd Let’s explore a day in the life with Canvas Mobile apps. This includes the daily, real-time experience of student and use by faculty while on-the-go. This session will hel...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 6 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeWilliam Jones, Andrew Anders​ & Matthew King Eastern Michigan University - HigherEdIn Fall 2015, Eastern Michigan University completed a migration from Pearson eCollege to Canvas, which included training more than 1,000 instru...

Community Explorer
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

There have been a few posts regarding finding roommates for the condos in Keystone. It was suggested by  @jamely ​ that somebody start a board for this purpose. I didn't see one as of yet, correct me if I am wrong, so I have taken the liberty of star...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2016
  • 12 Likes
  • 20 Replies

This is my first InstructureCon to attend.  I have attended many "EdCamps" so I'm assuming an "UnConference" is similar.  I would be interested in attending on either Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning the week of InstructureCon.

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like some additional information about one of the sessions.

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Does the Shuttle service from the InstructureCon Transportation link (registration page) begin early in the day?  What is the name of the shuttle service?  The link isn't working tonight and I wanted to get the name of the Service to contact them abo...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi guys,I just tried to register for InstructureCon 2016 and got an error when it tried to process my credit card. Here is what the error says:Any ideas what is happening?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I just went to book the CME shared shuttle through their site, and the time slots it gives me available are not very close to my arrival/departure times entered. My flight lands at noon, and the closest shuttle pickup time it gave me was 2 PM....

• 8 Likes
  • 13 Replies

How do I register for the preconference and what does it cost?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a fee for Unconference?I do not see it listed with the pre-conference goodies on the registration page.KLM

• 9 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I add a pre-conference workshop to my registration.  I can change name and address but don't have any options to add the workshops.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, all! I've just switched departments, so I'm new to Canvas, though not to LMS management. My role is Tier 3 support for our Canvas users (higher ed). I recently participated in Instructure's free live training sessions a few weeks ago, so I feel l...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the cost for the pre-conference?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​​​​​WORKSHOP TRACKBusiness School Roundtable (4 hours) @RobDitto ​hallmans​Sean WigginsThe Business School Roundtable is a forum dedicated to helping new and existing Canvas users reach the academic and strategic objectives that are unique to the bu...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're interested in coming to InstructureCon, but I'm hesitant to make a decision on who we will bring (and how many people) until the session (and pre-session) schedules are released.  I see early bird pricing ends in just over a week, and it seems ...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Consider this official slide deck your "talking stick."  Please use this powerpoint template for your InstructureCon breakout session, and send the completed presentation to jburrell@instructure.com no later than July 5, 2016.

InstructureCon 2016
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the code for the Colorado Mountain Express shuttle so that we can get the $47 special price?When we call the shuttle company, they say there is a "code" for the special price. If that code is not provided, it will be $66.

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

INSTRUCTURECON 2016 SCHEDULEMonday, July 18 ScheduleView Conference Maps​ | Back to Top12:00 PM - 7:00 PMRegistration@ Conference Center Main LobbyTuesday, July 19 ScheduleView Conference Maps​ | Back to Top7:00 - 6:00 PMRegistration@ Conference Cent...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 11 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I notice that some option are preceded by an "INST" are those them?And why is it so confusing this year? At my four previous InstCons, it was "click here to register", "click here to book room", click here to book maid service - OK, that last was an ...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies