All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2017. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

InstructureCon18 brought, yet again, another exciting lineup of Product announcements. Some are ready for release, while others are preparing for release in the near future. It can be difficult to remember every exciting announcement, so we created t...

• 28 Likes
  • 11 Replies

This is a collections of resources and place for discussion for the 2018 Instructurcon presentation titled, "Accessibility for Everyone?".Session DescriptionAccessibility is hard when you focus on legal requirements that only benefits a specific grou...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

TL;DRCanvas is an awesome, customer focused product that has gotten better with growth. Find small ways to increase your gratitude each day. Session NotesJosh Coates: The Sultan of SaaS Did our mental warmups. Intro about Instructure.They develop sof...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Are you excited about the new course you’re publishing? Can’t wait to tell the world and spread the word on campus? Get it on camera and share that new course glow. Stop by Construct’s pop-up studio at InstructureCarn! Sign up for your free ‘Welcome ...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2017
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

One year ago, while still in the ED Ops part of the Emergency Room....24 hours and still testing with no idea why I'm paralyzed from the waist down, my husband asked me when I was going to cancel my trip to Colorado.  I was leaving just a week later ...

• 10 Likes
  • 8 Replies

And here we are... the last day of the 10 Days of #InstCon Twitter. Some people are already on their way to Colorado, but I'm still here in NC, ready to pack this weekend and then fly out on Monday. For this last post about the power of Twitter, I wa...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Yes, I've been trying to keep a list of attendees for InstructureCon ... and, I hasten to add, that means onsite AND remote attendees. As a very engaged remote attendee last year, I really hope I can do a good job of connecting onsite and remote part...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When writing a post about Twitter Photos yesterday, I included a tip about how to turn on alt-text for images ("image descriptions") via the Twitter accessibility settings, and today I wanted to share a collection of Twitter Tips that I've been bookm...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Since 985706039‌ asked about #InstCon photos, I wanted to chime in about that too! Here's Kathleen's question asked-and-answered about uploading photos here to the Community:Where can we post photos during (and a few before) the event for the communi...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like the idea of keeping an ongoing blog about InstructureCon this year - a digital repository of my thoughts on keynotes, sessions, and the general experience of InstructureCon. Although I am definitely a paper-pen note taker at the moment, having...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2017
  • 19 Likes
  • 12 Replies

So you know how you hear about something for the first time... and then all of a sudden you hear about that same thing from a bunch of people all at once? That's what happened to me with Wakelet: I saw Alice Keeler mention it as a useful tool to use ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Are you an Instructional Designer? Are you coming to #InstCon? Join us for a fun #IDMeetup with   @Adrienne_J_Gaut  (Dartmouth) and Whitney Kilgore (iDesign) on Wed morning 7/25 from 7:45-8:45am at the breakfast location. Look for our signs and the l...

• 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Yesterday I wrote about the #StepsForBeth hashtag, and today I wanted to write about another great Twitter hashtag idea that comes from the Community, specifically from Deactivated user‌; here's her post:#solopandas live again at InstCon18! And here'...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I literally just now saw a beautiful tweet from  @BethCrook ‌... here's a screenshot of the tweet:And that's why I'm writing today's Twitter blog post about a different InstructureCon hashtag: #StepsForBeth. Find out more here:Panda #stepsforbeth And...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Join us for a stimulating marvel of fantastic fun as  @travis_thurston ‌ and  @ewander  defy gravity with their digital power-ups!Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018Time: 4:20 - 5:00 pm (we know it's late in the day, but you will not be disappointed!)Plac...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2017
  • 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

So far I've written about #InstCon and the InstructureCon App and also about Twitter and the Panda Drone; today I want to write about the simple trick of adding #InstCon into your Twitter profile. If you include the hashtag, that means your profile w...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Last year for InstructureCon 2017, I was participating remotely via Twitter, and I was very grateful to all the people who were tweeting with the #InstCon hashtag, especially  @lindalee ‌ who was attending exactly the sessions I would have wanted to ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Partners & Platform at InstructureCarnAs you InstructureCon veterans may already know, partners make up an important part of your experience, whether it's in your Canvas ecosystem or at the show-stopping event of the year in Keystone, Colorado! Not o...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2017
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Today is Day 1 of 10 Days of #InstCon Twitter, which is going to be my countdown series of blog posts here as we get ready for the big event. My personal goal for the conference is to create lots of opportunities for sharing the InstructureCon experi...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everybody! I've got a red-eye flight overnight Friday so I was pondering what to do with that Friday afternoon/evening time, and I took a look at the Denver Art Museum... they have a GANESHA EXHIBIT going on right now. So, that's a must-must-must ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

WONDERMENT; a state of awed admiration or respect.  This single word exemplifies how we  feel about the humanity of this Community!  So many of you have responded to the Panda #stepsforbeth call to action panda posted a few days ago in support of  @B...

• 13 Likes
  • 35 Replies

Thanks to  @biray ‌ and Chris Moore, I had the chance to publish a blog post over in the EXTRA CREDIT: CANVAS BLOG here:InstructureCon | The Remote Experience | Canvas Blog Big thanks also to awilliams‌ and stefaniesanders‌ for their help with this: ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'll be getting in a few miles (4-7) on the Snake River trails in the mornings before InstructureCon. It's usually beautiful weather, low humidity, easy out-and-back with a few rolling hills. If anyone wants to come along, you're welcome to do so. We...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2017
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls; step right up and get ready for the greatest educational conference on Earth!Last year I made a handy printable schedule that seemed to be very popular. I figured there may still be a few relics like myself that ...

• 23 Likes
  • 33 Replies

Y’all ready for a partay? I am! In fact, I’m packing my bags (yes, red nose and floppy shoes included) in prep for InstructureCarn in Keystone, CO. I was going to ask my buddy Josh (Mr. Coates to you, btw) if he’d share an Uber with me, but then I ‘b...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2017
  • 37 Likes
  • 143 Replies

Returning for the second year is an opportunity for you to ask your burning questions of Instructure’s engineering and product leadership team: Senior VP of Engineering David Burggraaf, Chief Architect Zach Wily, VP of Technology Services Q.Wade Bill...

• 5 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Come one, come all. Step right up and see how the we have begun to implemented iRATs and tRATS into a fully  course.Working to apply Team Based Learning principles to an  course have proven to be a Herculean feat of  strength & determination. The sta...

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As an exhibiting Partner at InstructureCon, we are thrilled that AspirEDU - Member | Instructure Partner Directory and all of the other partners will have our Exhibit Hall back in the Conference Center this year!If you remember last summer, the partn...

• 7 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I had some time this morning to work on my #InstCon Canvas space, and I added a new section of Twitter Tips. I hope these tips can be useful both for people just getting started with Twitter and also with pro users!Twitter Tips: InstCon Remote Contro...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This will be a true escape the room experience housed within a Canvas course.  What happens if you don't escape in time?  No big deal!  You will have access to the course after the session and can escape whenever you want.The course for this session ...

• 22 Likes
  • 43 Replies