Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julian
Instructure
Instructure

So, where are you coming from???

Map

Each year I love to start up this thread to see where everyone is coming from. Instructurecon has become such a great international event over the past few years.

4 years ago I attended my first and I was one of only three from Australia. Last year saw over a dozen.

And it is not just Australia. Now they come from all over Europe, Asia, the Middle East and even Canada (I was informed that it is NOT a northern US state or America's Top Hat last visit).

So, where are you from? Are you road tripping in from the east coast? Flying in from the west? Travelling by husky from the north or swimming in from over the seas?

This thread gives a chance to not only share your port of origin but also will allow you to connect with others from the same region. Maybe you can also connect up at Instructureconcarn and make some new connections.

I will start, for those who don't already know I am based in Sydney Australia (you know, the country where everything is trying to kill you) and have been a long time Canvas user, advocate and now staff member.

276807_roo.gif

Looking forward to reconnecting with all those I have met over the years and keen to meet all those I haven't.

OK, now it is your turn. Post your origin here and tag 3 others to do the same. Let's see just how many we can get here.

Julian

199 Replies
awarmar
Community Participant

Oklahoma reporting in! 

admin
Community Contributor

Four of us will be coming from New Caney, Texas!

baxl
Community Contributor

Columbia, MO!

mtuten
Community Contributor

I'm coming from Clemson South Carolina to my first InstructureCon!

I'll actually be presenting with a couple of folks (tr_jbates,  @karen_tinsley-k ) from University of Central Florida about UDOIT too!

fosterl
Community Contributor

That's awesome  @mtuten  I'll probably come to your session; we have UDOIT installed at OSU, but probably could be using it more effectively. We don't really advertise it to our faculty yet.

straussi
Community Champion

This'll be InstructureCon #4 ... from Daytona Beach, FL (13' above sea level)

278414_pastedImage_1.png

fosterl
Community Contributor

If any of you are first-timers, and/or coming from low altitudes ( @straussi ‌), check out stefaniesanders‌' article instcon2017-prep-calling-all-flatlanders. Some really useful tips there, and year two at Keystone went much better for me following (some of) the advice contained therein!

admin
Community Contributor

This will be my first Instructure Con. I will be arriving with Stacey Lince from College of Marin located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Go Warriors!

john_reiels
Community Participant

A group of four will be coming from Nicolet High School in Milwaukee, WI.  First time for all of us.  Go Knights!

admin
Community Contributor

I'm flying in from Arlington, Virginia, this will be my first Canvas Conference.