K12 Canvas Users Discussions

K12 Canvas Users questions and discussion forum

 Outcomes and Rubrics question: We use rubrics and outcomes for standards-based grading. However, we use Canvas outcomes as a domain score (group of individual standards) and not a specific standard score (one outcome for one standard). Regardless, ...

Community Coach Community Coach
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Classes have started and you've worked hard to provide your students with the tools they need to succeed, but have you thought about how you can make your assessments accessible? Watch this video on how ReadSpeaker reads quizzes and assessments! ...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are noticing some strange behaviors for some LTIs with a course nav access built into the LTI (namely LinkIt and MyLab and Mastering that we have seen so far) within C4E. These are both integrations we had installed previously and appear on th...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Google is a wonderful partner of ours that developed a newer integration, Google Assignments LTI 1.3. Many teachers love that Google integrates seamlessly with Canvas making it easy for students to turn in, collaborate and share their Google content ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We've made it easy for you to get the most out of your ReadSpeaker TTS and accessibility tools!  Check out this YouTube playlist that covers not only the basics but also takes a deeper dive into each tool.  Have additional questions? Feel free to ema...

Partner Partner
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In our K-8 schools, we have students who need their tests read aloud by aides.  Since aides are not teachers in our courses (and we choose not to allow them that access), we are in need of printed copies of our Canvas quizzes for the aides to read wh...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I love all of the different ways of communicating within Canvas.I'd love to know which ones are your favourites and why. 

Community Champion
K12 Canvas Users
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I'm looking to connect with other schools who are using Canvas with standards based grading.  We used Learning Mastery this year with a few pilot teachers, but are having difficulty getting it to report out as we'd like.  I'd like to hear how you are...

• 2 Likes
  • 52 Replies

I have several English teachers who are heavy Google Doc and Google Classroom users. One of the questions they have concerning moving their content to Canvas was how they could still see a student's revision history when using a Canvas assignment. Ha...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi everyone,We are just launching Canvas to our colleagues at a small independent high school in San Francisco. I have some Spanish teachers who rely heavily on Vistas VHL online component to complement their work with the textbook. I have another te...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to disable the option for students to be able to create discussions.  We want them to respond to the discussions and reply to each others, but we would rather not have them have the ability to begin a discussion for the class on their ...

• 6 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi All,We've put together a script here at Strath to allow us to send messages to the observers of students from the Canvas Inbox (Conversations) and Marksbook ('Message Students Who...') pages. We're a K-12 institution, so while the ability to send ...

• 26 Likes
  • 60 Replies

Has anyone experienced issues with formatting changing in a Word Document upload to an assignment. We have had the formatting change not only in the Croc Doc view but also when downloading the file submission?

• 5 Likes
  • 13 Replies