Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I would like to go ahead and schedule all my Canvas Conference office hours and four Canvas Conference meetings all on difference dates at difference times and I'm wondering if there is a way to do that in Canvas Conferences? When I go to schedule a ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I enter and exit different breakout rooms?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you re-set a test for a student to take?  A student lost internet service after only answering 10 out of 50 questions.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There.My Canvas class is almost 900 MBs so I am not able to copy it into a new course through export/import or through Commons. Any solutions?Nicole

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know you can create a page and then add a link to the Syllabus tab by choosing the Course Navigation option, but I am wondering if there is a way to just incorporate the Syllabus sidebar page without needing to create the additional step of clickin...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a rubric to an assignment?  The assignment I am working with does not have the rubric button shown in the tutorial video.  As you can see by my screenshots, the rubric option is not available.

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Were do I get my certificate 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a question about interpreting quiz log data. We do virtually proctored exams with Examity. If a student is kicked out of the proctoring program for some reason, it is my understanding that they can still access the exam in Canvas. We have had ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The star that they added this semester after Covid in order to "help" students acclimate to online learning. I see no means to let the stupid panda know that I do not need its help, and that--in true useless panda fashion [que funny internet videos o...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After completing a quiz with question banks, I noticed an error in one of the answers . . . actually a student did.  When I go back to the question bank and change the answer, it does not regrade the quiz.  How can I make this happen.  PS I have 250 ...

• 1 Likes
  • 23 Replies

How can I add unique sequential numbering to certificates issued through Canvas or some way to make their authenticity traceable?Thanks,G

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Immersive Reader has stopped working in our Canvas Instance.  When a student click IR button the IR screen appears and the spin of death is all they get.  Any ideas on what is going on?  I've tried both my laptop and Chromebook.#

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a teacher who previously synced over scores with 0's. He does not want those in IC as 0's any longer and just wants them blank (remote learning) so they do not count against the student. Upon syncing again the 0's are not changing back to blan...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a part-time instructor.  I have a gradebook in Canvas.  My final grades have been finalized in gradebook.  How do I submit final grade from Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have 2 Exams (quizzes) that I have created this semester with Questions groups and now I need to put all those questions into the Question pool so i can draw some into my Final. I have about 360 questions total and I cannot find a way to do this be...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way I can check my GPA through Canvas? If so, how?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a screen cast recording using Autodesk Screencast. I have embedded the video in my Canvas page, and it plays just fine, except that there is no sound. When I play it back on the Autodesk website, the sound works just fine. What could I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I invite another teacher into my canvas course ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've created a final exam. Two questions:1) It is stuck in "Build" mode.  How do I move to the next step?2) The "Submission Type" is locked on "External Tool" , which is incorrect, and I can't edit it.  How to change Submission Type?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I added a test student to my 2 classes to help me see things from the student's point of view, but one of my classes has an extra "test student".. I have tried deleting them both and reinviting my test student but it still shows up as 2 people on my ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need the total sum of points for completed assignments.  Mms 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm getting this error message when my students submit their answers in a PDF and I try to open it.Can someone help understand why this is happening? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What does this exclamation mark mean next to these grades? I've looked on the Canvas site but didn't find an answer.Thanks for the help,Scott

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. I need help with the statistics of my tests. I noticed that the questions where I used the app Mathtype, at the moment of watch and download the item report it appears this text: No answer text provided. For this reason I can't identify what answ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Please could you assist me with the following:The course makes use of SCORM packages containing the following settings:They were uploaded and imported as "graded assignments".The points are set at zero.Do not count towards grade is selectedDisplay gr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

when i log into canvas on my chrome browser it is saying im using the credentials from another school. How to i change that?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I delete a column that I didn't create in gradebook?  I have a column called "imported assignments" which I did not add, nor do I import assignments, yet it's there. This is NOT an assignment to remove (I know how to remove that)--it's a ghost...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students submitted video files that I would like to copy.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have my content ready in my Canvas site, but I don't want to have to go in each week to publish the modules. Is there a way to schedule this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I view how many students are currently taking a quiz without going into each student's log individually? I have a final exam that is available for several days and want to see how many are mid-exam to decide when there is a lull, as I want to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies