When would I use Assignments?
Assignments can be used to:
- Assess how well students are achieving course Outcomes
- Set up online submissions that can be quickly graded in the SpeedGrader
- Grade online as well as student work submitted "on-paper"
- Create differentiated assignments for sections
- Set up peer reviews
- Grade Discussions, either by the whole class or student groups
- Open Quizzes for a limited amount of time
- Record attendance
- Create ungraded activities that align with course Outcomes
- Assess submissions with moderated grading and multiple reviewers
Where do Assignments appear in Canvas?
Any Assignment you create and publish on the Assignments page will automatically show up in the Grades, Calendar, and Syllabus features so students can view them. The reverse is also true: any Assignments you create in the Calendar will automatically show up in the Grades, Assignments, and Syllabus features.
You can also organize assignments by placing them in Modules.
Note: You can use keyboard shortcuts to navigate the Assignments page. Press the comma key and a pop-up window with keyboard shortcuts will appear for keyboard navigation.