Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a quick way to assign outcomes to selected questions in an Item Bank? I have an Item Bank currently with no outcomes associated to any questions, and would like to split the questions between two different outcomes. It is very tedious to cli...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,We created an external Canvas application. within the application we use several API calls to get information from Canvas. The access for these API calls is determined by the Canvas user using our application (OAuth2).One of the API calls we do, i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all,I’ve been trying to create an import by converting a CSV file to a QTI file so that it creates a classic quiz and so far I’ve managed to have a quiz created with these types of questions:-Multiple choice (MC)-Multiple answers (MR)-True/False (...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HiI find the new discussion redesign to be very frustrating.  I would like to have the old discussion set-up back.  How do I make that happen?  The redesign is wasting my time.  I've stuck with it through two weeks assuming that I'd learn to love it ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all!   I would like to know if a report on moderators and the final marker can be exported from canvas to a .csv or an excel sheet. Is this an option that is available in canvas atm? If yes, can someone give me directions as to how to get one down...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good day,Echo360 option is now showing in the student view navigation bar, even though it has been dragged to be visible in the navigation bar. I as an instructor see it in my options.  Could it be because the term hasn't started yet?Kind regards,Bes...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Our Canvas Users in RMIT University recently experienced lagging while turning to html view of a page. This has slowed down their tasks significantly. May I know if there is any issue with this function ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm confused here. One of my students can see the admin/teacher's webpage and all its features. Note that in the past, he's been an observer of another training course. How do I reset his web view as a student?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have a free account with Canvas. I am not connected with any school and have no admin. Is there a way to set semesters in my classes for grading?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm an instructor and am trying to download a quiz in one of the following formats: .DOC, .DOCX, .XML, .DAT. I have tried to place the quiz in a module by itself and download it from commons, but I can only get it to download in a zip file for...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, This is a question for Canvas admins, particularly those in higher ed. Is anyone using the Content Security Policy? What issues have you encountered if so? If not, why not? We have started using it and I have run into a few pain points, one sever...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there,Wondering if it's possible for admin to track pathways progress of faculty from the training portal? We'd like to have a way to see which faculty members have taken which courses if possible. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My students submit written work via the Google Classroom add on (ie as a Google Doc using Google Classroom’s plugin) and I am unable to grade papers on my iPad. The error is that it could not launch. Not sure why. Anyone got a solution? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Due to integration with another LMS software, I have split my students into different sub-accounts. I would like these multiple sub-accounts to complete the same course. But when I go to allocate a sub-account within the course's settings/course deta...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Apparently it is not possible to grade a quiz by question (as opposed to by student) and upgrade marks for all students every now and then. Instead, upgrading can only be done after marking all questions for each student. I much prefer marking by que...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student has had someone else's work uploaded to an assignment incorrectly and we are unable to delete it from it. How can this be deleted? Or how do we get admin access to be able to? Our user roles are teacher.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for me to place clickable check boxes into the Canvas rich content editor so that students can "check" a list item as they complete it? We want all pre-session materials to be linked in one page for one session, and students will find ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A colleague brought this problem to me and I was surprised to not find the solution here. His concern was that students could no longer reply to his Announcement posts. After searching, we found that they were locked.  Has anyone else found this prob...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As excited as our team is, for the release of Speedgrader's studio media screen capture and auto-captioning, we are curious about two things: 1. Will this feature be available to all Canvas clients, or will this require an additional add-on? 2. Can t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I start my new online class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a learning designer using Student View to test out the functionality of a course I am building. I have made several submissions while in Student View (discussion posts etc.) and noticing that these submissions do not disappear after resettin...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to show the students highest mark only for a selected outcome rather than an average mark?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want you guys to know that the recent changes that you have made to Canvas for our university are the worst!!! Who decided on these changing: esp, in the discussion forum and I do not like the term of using "teacher." I am a Professor. Teachers are...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!I created SCORM content with Articulate Rise 360. After exporting it as a SCROM zip file I imported it to Canvas as a page. Works fine!The content is now shown on the Canvas page but I need it to open in an new window. I don't want it to load on t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi. I am an instructor that formerly used Respondus Lockdown Browser to monitor my quizzes in Canvas. I copied the quiz over to the new course and want to use Honorlock but Respondus is conflicting with it. My school no longer uses the Respondus App,...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

An instructor that worked at Butler County AVTS quit. She designed a course under her sign in. I am now the new teacher and want to see if I can access her course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Export roll call data does not go to my email

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Each week, I have labs and quizzes that open up at different times for different sections. For example, section A might have their quiz and lab become available at 9:10 AM, be due at 11:05AM, and be available until 11:59PM. Section B might have their...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I set up and receive detailed exam analytics on an individual student basis in Canvas? Specifically, I want to tag questions by category or concept and stratify student performance by question type. Currently, we can only review overall exam ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why am I getting this error message when I try to use the student view in a course I am creating?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies