Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is there any way to resize the time intervals on the Weekly Calendar so that I can see the entire course without it being cut off? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When students log on to my course, they see various options on the left side. Syllabus, Modules, Pages etc. I don't want most of those. Instead I want to create a whole new option or at least be able to rename the sections. So instead of people havin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

installed canvas following the Production Wiki on ubuntu 20.04When i try to save bigbluebutton plugin settings, it gives an error and doesn't save them. I added error image to attachments./var/canvas/log/production.log file is attached to the this fo...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all, New in an admin role and I have just attempted to to provision a bunch of courses with a course SIS upload. Although it seems I got most of the formatting correct using this to guide me there are a few things that have gone wrong. For one, th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have Lucid showing in all of our course nav without us adding it. Is there any way to set a default that any new features are hidden in the course menu until we want to expose it? The same thing happened when installing Badgr, and we had to edit e...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you make it so that I can color code  (as an end user) different items in a Module to differentiate content from assignments? I've read the other suggestions for using emoji's to distinguish different types of content, but I want to be able to hi...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,   I have students grade each other's notebooks and have used Google Forms to collect their scores. I like using Google Forms because it creates an Excel spreadsheet, making it easy to transfer grades. How can I do the same thing in Canvas? Could ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Something happened and I wound up exiting out and cannot get back in to check the other few boxes so that this is marked complete.Would anyone know how I can reset this and start over? thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a system-level or course-level way to disable student assignment comments in Canvas? To my knowledge and testing, faculty are not notified of these comments. Please let me know if there is a way to immediately notify faculty when a student p...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just want to delete unused shells that are in my dashboard that have never been published. Does anyone know how? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(in the hundreds) for changes to the course (even unpublished modules). How do I turn this off?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not sure if this is possible, but I teach Spanish and in my class I have regular students that do not speak Spanish and some native speakers. In order for native speakers not to get bored, I give them a different assignment each week. I have cre...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For admins:We allow our TAs to grade assignments, but we want to use the Gradebook Notes field to list accommodations, but we don't want the TAs to see the accommodations. Is there a way to restrict TAs from seeing the Gradebook Notes field but still...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Currently several of our instructors have been encountering an issue when the 'Late Grading' policy button is toggled on. The system is automatically issuing deducted scores for unsubmitted assignments with a future due date. Is there anyone else exp...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like to set up a Sub Admin account for an external administrator who wants to access all the areas of a cohort we are hosting within our organisations Canvas platform. They want to manage their own analytics and course admin for a section of ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have been successfully embedding Padlets in Canvas pages for my students to use for the past 5 years. After have just re-made Padlet form last year, with the same settings and embedded it in Canvas it shows up with the error message:"This padle...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello all,I usually send out an announcement at the start of each week for my students. It details the agenda and assignments and keeps them on track. However, I also have a page in each module that does this. If I use the "assign to" feature, will t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Spoiler  The redesigned discussions are causing all sorts of unhappiness. We want them to default to expanded threads and an "oldest first" sort. Is there a setting to make this happen? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an Admin. We had created a staff observer role for our PLC Chairs, and we recently discovered that this role no longer has the ability to View as Student on the Instructor Pages. I am attaching their current permissions. Can anyone assist with w...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! For some reason, I am not able to see the separate sections of my course in the People tab. I am able to see all of my students and the sections they are assigned to in one whole group, but the section tab does not appear in the People tab. 

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

As a Canvas Admin: What's the most efficient way to conclude old courses lacking term dates?  What's the most efficient way to remove/delete former students from the instance?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently, Storyline SCORM 2004 (4th) edition files uploaded to Canvas as graded assignments are no longer registering submissions. Meaning, a student can get all the way through the Storyline assignment and will have passed both benchmarks needed to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was working on a quiz and it was quite long. The next question button and the submit quiz button look very similar. They are also right next to each other. The quiz didn't prompt me to say that I finished all the questions and accidentally clicked ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello - I see others have had this issue. I have tried the solutions offer to no avail e.g. looked in spam for the email, checked user settings for my Canvas account. What else can be done?Thanks!Leslie

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

There has been a way (for the past several years) that when using Speedgrader you could just hit "enter" and move to the next student so you didn't have to use the "j" shortcut or click the arrow button and now that isn't working. I have looked throu...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I access archived courses as a teacher? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don't know if anyone else has bee frustrated with the new "Assign Access" hyperlink. When assigning access to individual students or separate classes it used to be at the bottom of the page and you could just add there.  Now you have to click on th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm testing out the new LockDown Browser feature and noticed that it changes the name of a quiz to "'quiz name'- Requires Respondus LockDown Browser". I would rather not have my quiz be synced with such a title.  I went to fix the title but had an er...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our course content (like modules, assignments, and quizzes) is pre-loaded from an external tool, and the course settings are set by our course admins.Teachers only need to grade and collaborate with students, so we’ve turned off all options for them ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I integrate a Webpage created in Canva into a Canvas page and include links that lead the user to assignments, modules, in the course?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies