Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am an instructor in multiple Canvas courses. When a student sends me an Inbox message on Canvas, I receive it via e-mail. If I reply via e-mail, the reply will eventually show up in the message chain in Canvas Inbox. However, this can take many hou...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Community,We just discovered that the group discussions do not appear in the main discussion page for faculty. SO for faculty to view the entire group discussions, they have to navigate to that groups "site" and view the discussion post from th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Occasionally, I want to delete a discussion post if a student makes an empty post by accident, or if I want to delete my own experimental post. The Discussions Redesign does not hide these deletions, which is very unfortunate. Can we please, please g...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am getting this message when I try and drop pages, assignments, etc in a module I have created.  How do I create a module so I can input my materials for the course? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have successfully completed module 1 , which showed green marks next to the items and allowed me to move onto module 2, however, module 2 had no check marks even though I opened every link and submitted every assignment. There is no Mark as Done op...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way for assignment alerts from unpublished courses to get removed from the Coming Up list on the Canvas Dashboard? The instructor only wants to see alerts from published courses in the Coming Up list.   Is this possible?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

CRN 18593 not listed in CanvasI dropped HINF 6215 Project Management today and registered for HINF 6400 Introduction to Health Data Analytics (CRN: 18593) for the Fall 24 Semester. However, the Project Management course (HINF 6215) still appears on C...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After the new 2024 update to discussions, there is the option to assign randomly students for replies. So I've utilize this and selected that each student has to reply to automatically assign reviews per student. As the students have been working in ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am working on importing groups and outcomes.  I have done this successfully many times, but every now and then I get the message:  Outcome group with canvas id not found.  What does this mean?  I'm doing everything exactly the same.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a Canvas admin working with an instructor who recently lost all of his draw annotations in SpeedGrader after he inputted a grade or navigated to a new student's submission. It turns out that he was not clicking on the check mark after creating th...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are any other Infinite Campus users experiencing issues with grade passback? Several of our jobs are randomly failing with this error:  Vendor Key or Secret not found or Vendor Key is inactive Retrying the failed sync job will most of the time allow ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I construct a quiz for my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For achieving purposes we need to automate a flow which includes getting questions from question banks used in new quizzes. From answers dating back to 2022 the information was that this doesn't exist. Is there any new information regarding this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor and recently the lines in gradebook are missing or scores are pushed all the way to the left with the rest left blank.  How can I get lines back in the gradebook? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We're experiencing random NXDOMAIN errors when trying to access the Canvas APIs. These errors seem to occur randomly, and we're not sure what might be causing them.Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there something specific to Canvas that cou...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm using the Canvas API to pull data for a specific course. When I retrieve the assignments using the endpoint "/api/v1/courses/:course_id/assignments", one of the assignments has a rubric_id associated with it.However, when I attempt to fetch the r...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm using the Canvas API to pull data for a specific course. When I retrieve the assignments using the endpoint "/api/v1/courses/:course_id/assignments", one of the assignments has a rubric_id associated with it.However, when I try to fetch the rubri...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi there,   I just posted a problem with outcomes in rubrics. I checked in courses our team has worked on the last few months to get everything up an running for the start of the semester. All outcomes that are gone from all the rubrics???? Help!!! T...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am encountering something strange with the Outcomes in a rubric in Canvas.I have created specific Outcomes.When I add an outcome to a rubric when I create an assignment, it works.However, if I then go to the rubric itself via 'Rubrics' I don't see ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How does Teachers or administrators (not root admins) reassure that suspensions are in effect?Is there any view were they can see that it is in effect? If not, what permission do they need to be able to see that? Best, Niklas

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I created a group assignment. Can individual students see their group mate's submissions? If they can, is there a way that they cannot see each other's submissions in the same group?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I log into canvas to go into the classes I am registered for, nothing loads for me. anytime I click on an assignment, important document, nothing loads for me. the screen goes blank and I am not sure what to do because this is the way for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, How do I post the same announcement across multiple courses? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I recently drop a class I didn't need to take. It isn't on my school schedule anymore but how do I drop it on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I see how many times a student has attempted a module in Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have created a survey quiz - using classic quizzes- and have a multitude of multiple dropdown questions. We are looking to analyze the variables in the dropdown menu.Here is one of our questions:Please indicate how much you agree with the followin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a learning Coach attempting to pair with multiple students.  I need help.  Please assist via email: t.cullins-clark@saiacademy.com 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The assignments are set up in McGrawHIll Connect and merged with canvas.  The students access the course through Canvas but go to Connect.  The Scores in Connect are not the same scores that are showing up in Canvas. Please see the screen shots below...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is actually related to another question I asked regarding YouTube captions not being available in Canvas Studio.Since Studio won't/can't use the captions I already created for my YouTube videos, I needed to find another way to post these videos ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am faculty. My students uploaded MS Word document formatted papers over the weekend. These included a header line with the page number in the upper right corner of the document and their name in the upper left corner. When uploaded into Canvas, the...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies