Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I looked through the page and cannot find and answer to my question.https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-create-a-quiz-with-a-question-group-to-randomize-quiz/ta-p/1032There is an Update Group button which I don't see covered....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-14-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are in the process of changing systems to Jenzabar One which includes moving to Azure for SAML login. My question is: Is there a way to set up authentication in Canvas to recognize separate groups for login? For example: 1. Students will use email...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have received a request to recover an assignment for a deleted student. The course still exists, though it is closed off. I have recovered the student account at the request of our admin team though not surprisingly this did not recover any enrolme...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have the type of Canvas where it has a home page with blocks of courses and I want to change it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What happens if the banner roster is uploaded into canvas and’s the students on that roster are not in that course? What happens in canvas? Are the students deleted Is the work deleted?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally deleted a graded assignment. How can I recover the assignment and grades?I already attempted the /undelete trick and it did not show me the assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As we transition from Blackboard to Canvas we are working on comparing features in the systems so that we know what they are called in each system or if a certain feature doesn't exist we can note that. Has anyone developed such a list already? Pleas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two different courses in the same Canvas environment. I have all of the students registered in one course, but they all need to additionally be added to another course. How can I sync the two courses together so that when someone is added or r...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to login into my account since 2 days but I forget password when I am trying with forget password I am not getting mail from canvas for my credentials

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i register ELAC class in summer ,the class is start now, but the message said: my browsers can't match \canvas. what should I do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-12-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have completed the training modules and taken the final exam. I passed and wanted to know where do i go from there? what else do i need to do in order to recieve certificate?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There have been and continue to be cases where staff accounts in our banner system are on hold when courses begin. The professors then manually add them in so they do not get behind on the course work. There are times that the hold can last weeks aft...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a user who is unable to log in to Canvas using the SSO. I had to add her staff account through Canvas. I did not set a password, but she is still unable to log into Canvas using her account credentials with our Office365 SSO. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I am enrolled in a summer course and I’m trying to begin the work. I go to the all courses tab in canvas to try to view the work that needs to be done but the course does not open up but it is under as “yes for published” 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Currently we use SSO to login to Canvas. We are setting up a Canvas API Roster Exchange with Barnes and Noble and need to setup a login for them that is not using SSO. Is this a common thing? How do I create it without being required to enter network...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. I am unable to submit a second attempt for my RP800 module. There is no tab available to click for another attempt, 3 attempts are permitted. Please advise on a way forward, thank you. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Canvas Team,I have several courses in which although I published, there is no saying "Course is Published" in the Course Details Page, hence, I see no students in Attendance although all my students are in, in the People tab, there are all of th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am am a professor. I normally can see student discussion posts. For some reason, today I can't see them, even though Canvas says that there are seventeen of them. Help please. Thanks. Ken Litwak

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I've notice my Milestone 4 results has not be posted. Please look into this.nsikakabasi26@gmail.com

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-09-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When Editing my Canvas page, I need to give my page a name/title. When I'm viewing my page (after editing), the name of the page will appear above the page. But I don't want this because it doesn't match with my layout of the page. How do I (a novice...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,I need to assisted. I have forgotten the portal where printable grades can be accessed. It used to be 'runway' until it was changed sometime back

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find the modules tab on my canvas anymore. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i sign in or get docviewer

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-08-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

does anyone know how to link to a pptx file (with voice) within a module and have it play when opened?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Say a student takes a Canvas quiz. Could their quiz score be used to automatically "unlock" (publish) a selected page (or pages) or module(s) that is/are "locked" (unpublished)?For example, hypothetically, students must take a Canvas quiz on honor co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere or if I'm not seeing a feature that is already available in Canvas, but can Canvas/Instructure consider adding a feature to allow a course builder to copy (using the Copy feature or some other feature...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

i was able to send my instructor my PowerPoint a couple of times asking for feedback but now get an error message whenever I try to send it. I can still email her without the PowerPoint file but when I try to attach it a network error message pops up...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies