Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am very new to this. What is a module? Is it a course I would teach?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleague who is also teaching this course is showing up as a student in one of my classes...need help putting her in your 'right position'...LOL! Thanx! Sandy

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can access all of my course materials on the app on my phone, but when I try using my laptop the course will not show up.

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I am using Canvas for school, and my dashboard does not seem to load at all. I have reloaded my page and restarted my laptop but nothing seems to be working. What can I do to resolve this issue? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I upload everything for a students weekly homework in one assignments tab. Notes, a powerpoint, and questions to go with the notes (this is what I want them to fill in and submit on canvas). I have uploaded them all using links with Rich content edit...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I do not have a blue submit button to upload my assignments. Can you help me please?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 lab sections and I am wondering if there is a more efficient way of posting assignments across the 3 labs w/o having to enter them individually to each section. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I create a quiz with 10 formula-type questions. I set a time limit of 60 minutes, set the quiz to deliver the questions one-at-a-time, and give students one attempt. Most students start and finish during class. The challenge: I have a handful of stud...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to create a totally new course on Canvas i.e. a module (in university terms) which is beginning completely anew this term, and so didn't exist on Blackboard previously.How to do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach personal finance.  I have 2 semester classes S1 and S2 that appear on canvas.  All of the other students are in one large group.   How do I separate them into their respective times?  2A, 4A, 1B, 2B.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas on my Mac will not load. It works on my phone and home desktop, but suddenly stopped working on my laptop. Can someone please help me in fixing this???:( 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My Files is organized by folders, i.e Lectures, icons, Profile Pics, etc. Is there a way to link a document to items in My Files, instead of Course Files? I only see the option to pull from Course Files. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a student from a course? I'm following the directions given to me by our IT person, but I'm not seeing some things he's referencing. He said to click on the student's row, click the menu and then choose remove. However, i do not see a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the past, I have been able to lock an assignment until I have finished grading all of my students' work.  How can I do that now?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send emails to students?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I discovered a parent's question by chance.  How do I know a parent is communicating with me?  This parent's question did not appear in my school email.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What it means when you try to open an import common resources and it says could not find valid settings for the link?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to filter students by section when grading?  Three classes are in one dashboard tile which alphabetizes all rosters into one list. 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you validate the course links that came directly from Import Commons?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Michigan recently updated the Social Studies standard and I've been trying to make these changes to my Canvas account.  At first, I was able to update the existing outcomes(standards), but then I started receiving messages that "Something went wrong....

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

for all modules i clicked on, it showed me a blank page

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The attendance link in two of my courses are not working.  Instead it displays this message:"The OAuth signature was invalid. Please be sure you are launching this tool from the link provided in Canvas."Can this be addressed by the local admin or is ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why is my blackboard page blank? I am unable to open any of the tabs on blackboard such as discussions, grades, assignments, etc..

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, can I join a new course by join code with an existing account? Instead of asking my teacher to send me an invitation email.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,Can someone help me to figure out why I can't see what my teacher is posting? I can see the course but nothing is in there. My teacher is sending announcements and emails about what she is posting but I see nothing! I emailed her and she said t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I log on to my account, the screen that shows my dashboard blinks and wont let me click on anything. Also, I am not able to access my modules, assignments, inbox, etc. I have a feeling that it might just be my browser, but I would like it to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Seems like something changed recently so that instructors had to enable it or something. Whether they did or not, it would be nice if Canvas allowed students to batch download all course files in some way or another. What is the point in making us go...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When clicking on a specific assignment, the message " Error Retrieval for the External Use of the assignment" comes up. Why is this popping up, and how does the student access the assignment.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I assign a due date to a quiz, but do not fill in "available until", then will students still be able to do the quiz late and have it show up in the gradebook with a highlighted cell indicating late?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies