Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How to I enable the app placement under the external tool? the company gave me the key,the token and the domain. However on the external app tool the entries are ... What I'm missing? and where do I need to put the token information?NameConsumer KeyS...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to look at my assignments on my mac laptop but it wont allow me to have my dashboard load. It is loading fine on my iphone but isn't working on my laptop. I am connected to internet. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a new student at Evergreen Valley College. I need to know how to add a class code into my canvas in order to see any upcoming quizzes, tests, and homework. Seems simple but I don't know where to insert the code. What site and where? I nee...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have started using canvas through an online school and I'm having trouble getting my modules to load. When I press on the button the actual modules load, but once I click on them nothing will appear. The options on the left side will appear, and my...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am teaching two sections of the same class. Is there anyway to integrate the two so if I edit an assignment, I don't have to do it in both sections? Or if I post an announcement, it can automatically post to both?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

MY quiz shows a lock symbol. the quiz is due soon and I need help! I only see the answer options, not the pic.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I wasn't able to find this question already in the community. When grading a discussion in SpeedGrader, is it possible to pull the instructors response/activity into the Speedgrader window?If not, where is the best place to post this is an ide...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Whenever a student sends an email I receive the email notification twice. How can I correct this?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I accidentally deleted a Perusall assignment that my students are in the middle of and I really need to restore it. I tried the /undelete trick that works for Canvas but with no luck. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this???

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

none of my classes are showing up on my dashboard and any class that I click on just shows a blank page without any of the needed information for the course, what can I do about this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

for instance the calendar does not load, nor does the dashboard, sometimes the reply box does not load or the submit button

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to be able to see the week dates on the to do list on the card view but they are gone, now it only says the day. How can I get it back?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

#I have named the course and cannot find to add assignments to the course.  or add modules to the course to start adding assignments.  Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our institution currently syncs nightly to our SIS because we haven't found a way to run an athletics report in Canvas. I've heard that there are universities that do this. Is there someone who has experience with this that could help me transition t...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to have a Canvas discussion, but I need students to be able to attach a Googe Doc of their writing assignment so that others can access and give feedback as part of the discussion.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am very new to this. What is a module? Is it a course I would teach?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My colleague who is also teaching this course is showing up as a student in one of my classes...need help putting her in your 'right position'...LOL! Thanx! Sandy

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can access all of my course materials on the app on my phone, but when I try using my laptop the course will not show up.

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I am using Canvas for school, and my dashboard does not seem to load at all. I have reloaded my page and restarted my laptop but nothing seems to be working. What can I do to resolve this issue? 

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I upload everything for a students weekly homework in one assignments tab. Notes, a powerpoint, and questions to go with the notes (this is what I want them to fill in and submit on canvas). I have uploaded them all using links with Rich content edit...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I do not have a blue submit button to upload my assignments. Can you help me please?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 3 lab sections and I am wondering if there is a more efficient way of posting assignments across the 3 labs w/o having to enter them individually to each section. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I create a quiz with 10 formula-type questions. I set a time limit of 60 minutes, set the quiz to deliver the questions one-at-a-time, and give students one attempt. Most students start and finish during class. The challenge: I have a handful of stud...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to create a totally new course on Canvas i.e. a module (in university terms) which is beginning completely anew this term, and so didn't exist on Blackboard previously.How to do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach personal finance.  I have 2 semester classes S1 and S2 that appear on canvas.  All of the other students are in one large group.   How do I separate them into their respective times?  2A, 4A, 1B, 2B.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas on my Mac will not load. It works on my phone and home desktop, but suddenly stopped working on my laptop. Can someone please help me in fixing this???:( 

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

My Files is organized by folders, i.e Lectures, icons, Profile Pics, etc. Is there a way to link a document to items in My Files, instead of Course Files? I only see the option to pull from Course Files. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a student from a course? I'm following the directions given to me by our IT person, but I'm not seeing some things he's referencing. He said to click on the student's row, click the menu and then choose remove. However, i do not see a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies