Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How can I create a class email list based on my CANVAS class roster?Please let me know.Thank you.Jay

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to have the modules and then the content next to it in a preview window?  So that they student can see the modules and know where they are in the module but still access the content at the same time?  Or an automated checklist that the...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it documented anywhere, or does anyone happen to know, what abilities go along with the Teacher role apart from any permissions that might be assigned or not?I created a course role based on the Teacher role with no (0) assigned permissions.  A us...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Just curious about where instructional designers fit, structurally, in their organizations. I'm an ID and I work in the Center for Teaching and Learning, which is a division under Academic Affairs. I have met other IDs who work for their campus IT de...

• 6 Likes
  • 19 Replies

I have tried every which way to get this to work, and can not for the life of me figure it out. I have switched the video files around and still get the same result. I am creating a video carousel for my Canvas presentation at our Districts technolog...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Anyone have any info on Google's new Course Kit LTI and if it will be ready for use with Canvas by September?Google Launches New Feedback Tool ‘Course Kit’ to Eliminate Assignment Uploads | EdSurge News We had lots of problems with the existing Googl...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you set up anonymous discussion posting?

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Two related questions about Grade sync & Last Day Attended (LDA): this summer term, our campus will be syncing grades with our SIS for the first time-Does the grade sync also include the data on the "last day attended"?Canvas Guides indicates "If you...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to hide the inbox icon in the left navigation toolbar? possible CSS?

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How do I change a manually added user to the teacher role?

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, One of my navigation buttons links to an external site outside of Canvas, and it adds in the little 'external link' icon, which throws the height of that particular button out of sync with the rest. See example here: Just wondering if there's a q...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Is there a way to prevent a course from being indexed if it's set to public?

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In certain fields, there are some globally recognized certifications that pretty much everybody accepts as being a valuable and valid certification.  Is there anything like that for Instructional Designers?  Basically, if you were looking to hire an ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a faculty member who puts all Assignment, Discussion, and Content Page titles in all caps. In terms of netiquette, this is discouraged. I find it personally distracting and more difficult to read (maybe trying to focus on too much at one time?...

• 32 Likes
  • 50 Replies

Hi all,We're trying to figure out what combination of account- level permissions gives an admin access to the reports tab under settings. Ideally, we'd like to have reporting be on its own permission but I'm not seeing anything like that in the permi...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HelloI have recently imported content from one course to another.However since doing so both courses second pages seem to have lost the 'next' button in the lower right hand corner of the page. I have created my own button on the home page that links...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have been using grace periods for assignment submissions with some assignments, and I was wondering if there is a way I can disable how Canvas flags an assignment as late if submitted after the due date?  I tried deleting the due date after the gra...

• 8 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi- I am trying to figure out how to utilize outcomes for assessment tracking as well as grading so that students don't have to upload an assignment twice.  Our criteria scores and the assignment scores are different.  It looks like there used to be ...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

In the Kung-Fu Canvas module, it mentioned students being able to upload posts from either Instagram or Snapchat via the "online submission" option.  However, I have not been able to find any information that would actually explain how students would...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to publish all the assignments and all the files within a module at the same time, or to publish or unpublish all the modules within a course at the same time?I've recently copied a course's contents into a new course, and am trying to...

• 2 Likes
  • 17 Replies

where do you go to see the virtual book shelf?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I’m looking for someone who has implemented the Roster Exchange API Integration for Barnes and Noble, and/or is knowledgeable regarding best practices regarding user access tokens vs developer keys for guidance.  Roster exchange is part of what they ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We recently ran into an issue where a TA is not able to view the SCORM page in Canvas:The differences in permissions between a Teacher and a TA don't give any reason for why a TA shouldn't be able to view the SCORM page. During the import process, an...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello Instructional Design Professionals, We are still seeking more participants to complete our survey! We are conducting a study on the professional needs and motivations of instructional design professionals working in higher education to join and...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it correct that a learner is required to complete the entire quiz again if they get one answer incorrect (for a test requiring 100%)

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way for a student to draw (like actually draw a picture) to answer a question on an assessment on Canvas?  I've been adding quizzes to the modules I'm creating, and I'd like to have students draw in order to answer a few questions.

• 8 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I would really like to know if anyone can provide me with an answer to my query, if in fact there is one :smileygrin: . I created a Canvas course (designed as a website) and set the course as "public", thus persons are NOT being enrolled in th...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our institution is participating in the Cengage Unlimited option in the fall.  We will pay for the service for all students.  As a result, a majority of the instructors have opted to adopt their course material.  One area where there appears to be co...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A useful program would be one that could migrate a student's grades from one Canvas course to another. For example, when the student has re-registered to complete a course - it would be very convenient for the teacher to be able to have the previous ...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does Canvas have a built in Evaluator Role that allows access to an integrated 3rd Party Textbook?I can't seem to find an evaluator role or a way to have an evaluator have access to a third party textbook tool so does this exist is my first question ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 Replies