Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is it possible to add a user then select which courses they can have access to? I’m working on a concept to use Canvas for casual relief lessons and want to know if a casual / relief teacher can be added and the courses they would need for the day/we...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-19-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student mentioned to me that my assignments are not automatically showing up in her to-do list.  Have I missed a setting or something that I should have checked in order to ensure that my assignments show up for everyone in their to-do list?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to view my grades tab. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Here’s how to change the size of text, images, and apps in Windows. To change your display in Windows, select Start > Settings > Accessibility > Text size. To make only the text on your screen larger, adjust the slider next to Text size.Ezzee Fonts

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is my first semester using Canvas as an instructional platform. So far, I've been able to work through any problems, however, in reviewing my Grades ( as the instructor)  I notice that my attendance/participation total for each student has not c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canva widgets are not working on Android phones and especially on Samsung phones including my s21. I believe this is a bug... You can place a widget on your home screen. The bug I am having is to do with the to-do widge it does not show upcoming assi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a middle school teacher.  I would like to have the table function mirror what I am used to using in word processing applications.  I want to be able to change the four sides of a cell within a table to have different widths of border and differe...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

after i select edit setting button, the my name still can not be changed. How can I fix it? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my students has problems submitting files (pdfs).  The files take a long time, and then don't show up as having been submitted (per student).  She tries emailing directly to me as a .pdf but they come in very long and narrow.  I have to zoom i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why is canvas not allowing me to upload any images I already changed it to so many formats and it still doesn’t allow me to upload it keeps saying upload fail 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm sure that this is something that I did, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  My grade book is no longer viewable to me as an instructor.  When I click on "Grades," it goes to the page that used to show the grade book.  I can briefly see the grade boo...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

How do I sign in to The Canvas Black Board when its showing Sign in Error?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

He importado mis exámenes de la Plataforma Blackboard (QTI o ZIP) a Canvas; pero no me carga el examen a evaluaciones ni a tareas y tampoco aparece el Banco de Preguntas. ¿Qué puedo hacer? TRANSLATED FROM GOOGLE TRANSLATE Subject: When importing exam...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, my name is America. and I am new to canvas in fact this is the first time that I attend college. And I am so lost. I have a presentation coming up in March that I need to start working on, but I don't know. my way around on how to start off my...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to change the generic comment that is posted when you use the Re-Upload Submissions feature to re-upload multiple students's work at a time? I would love to be able to change this to be something other than "S...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The assignment syncs, but the scores don't. Error message says "Invalid assignment ID", even though the category titles are identical.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i am trying to get canvas at the library.  Do i have to use app?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi im trying to upload a video (embedded) but the full screen appears in the reply box and instructor only wants the link how do I fix/change this? thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do you set the default editing tool to "Textbox" instead of the "Pointer" tool?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructor at UNC Wilmington.I realize I am making a mistake here -- one of omission or commission.  Or perhaps I am fundamentally misunderstanding the terms that Canvas is using.I use SpeedGrader to grade written assignments, along with quiz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am new to canvas. I was able to enter a total points via a rubric in Speedgrader for each of my students, however, I am not seeing the points transfer over to the Gradebook. Am I missing something, or do I need to change out of student view?  Is it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can Demonstrators see students' grades?Can Student Interns see students' grades?Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a recently trans male student, but I have a problem. I want to give myself a nickname on canvas, but I want to find a way to do it without telling my parents. I haven't told them I'm using a new name yet, and I'm not ready yet. If anyone has a qu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi EveryoneI am setting up a rubic for a new programme - I have set it up and tested it - but I have 2 issues:1) After grading the paper and adding my comments to the rubic how do I print this?2) We are a system of 2 markers - how is the graded pape...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. My question. I created a 3 part module in the form theory-problem-1, theory-problem-2, theory-problem-3. How can I deny access to part 2 if the test in part 1 fails, access to part 3 if the test in part 2 fails? Kg Thank you for your reply.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-17-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Everyone,My Canvas course is linked to my iClicker class.  iClicker Tech support (Macmillan) was working with a student on their individual profile and, without asking me, pushed a global sync of all past quiz grades for all students in the course...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I'm WGHGP Weliketiya(2313015). My canvas is not working. My subjectsare not showing on the canvas(Not all subjects only 5CS031-NetworkSecurity). Please find the attachment and help me to fix this. This isvery urgent.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I'm a teaching assistant, and the professor I'm working for has asked me to replace some questions in the final exam that had a correct response rate of over 95%. The problem is that I don't know how to find the statistics of the old version of the q...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies