Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a final exam in 20 minutes and I cannot access the course in Dashboard. It's telling me the course is not published. Who is responsible for publishing the course?? Can I access it another way? Ugh....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created group sets to allow differentiated assignments with differing deadlines for each group after noticing that there is a calendar for each group. I was very disappointed to see that the group calendars are not functional!Does anyone know how t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hello,I have created the course 'Goal Setting' and would like to share with my students. They do not currently have a canvas account. How can I share the content with them?Is there a way to share the content without registering?Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using canvas for my classes for over a year and just starting now it is giving me trouble. When i am on my canvas dashboard, what usually would have my classes listed and where i can go to my assignments, everything is just blinking and f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Im putting the finishing touches on a canvas course for next quarter.  I would like to show a film.  If I buy the film to be streamed, how do I make that available to students in my canvas course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to have my sub-account admins add some users to a course via email address instead of SIS ID. Their attempt errors out because Canvas can't find a match for that user. When I (as a site admin) do this, I get a little check box beside ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a longtime Lockdown Browser user and Canvas user, never any problems (interpret this as "I think I know what I'm doing).  Right now, when I try to put any quiz made using Canvas's "New Quiz" format into Lockdown Browser, I just get the "please w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have used the redirect tool in the past to add a library link to the navigation menu in every course. We did it at the root level since every course needed the same link.Now we need to add a link to a specific list of courses on our instance and I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student emailed  me a paper instead of submitting to Canvas as required. Therefore, it has not been scanned by Turnitin. Is there a way to access Turnitin directly? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can I permanently log out of canvas? My friend's account is stuck on my laptop

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I changed the embedded 750px to 100% for width and it displays on my editing page as image 286 attached below.   However, students see it displayed as image 285, attached below.I had used the "plug" icon in your editing to upload the Class Schedule f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all,I am messing around with free Canvas to help streamline some things at work. However, I created a section, with myself as the only one enrolled, where I am the teacher that I no longer need. I cannot just delete the section since I am curre...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Two questions:1. Why is it necessary to change a course start/end date in Settings twice? I have to click Settings, change these dates, then click on Section at the top of Settings and then click "Edit Section" to do the same date modification.2. Whe...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,We have been using Proctorio for some time and a few folks have come to think that if the Proctorio session expires, then the students also get locked out in Canvas quiz.  For us it is not necessary to have the Proctorio session cover the last...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are considering standardizing some of the job titles for members of our Learning Systems team. Right now, we have a Project Managers, Application Programmer Analysts, and Academic Consultants. Yet, all three positions are really the systems admi...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When you ask Canvas to drop the lowest score from an assignment/quiz in an assignment group, if there are two or more lowest scores (i.e. there are 6 quizzes, and on 2 quizzes, the student scored 0 points), which is dropped? The one that was complete...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone,My team is currently experiencing problems with the rubrics. We noticed that some people are suddenly losing rubrics from their courses. We've been trying to find the issue, but so far we've had no luck.We thought that maybe a colleague h...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all,I'm trying to update a page body, using "https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/pages.html#method.wiki_pages_api.update_front_page".It works, but if the body contains an ampersand (&) it will ignore the block with that sign and any blocks a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi all,Is there a way to change the format of the module section to something less boring? It looks like an endless to-do list. Is there a toggle function we can at least be more creative ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good morning,Have we found a way to use Grammarly while marking modelling? I am looking at the different comments but I have not seen a response. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear AWS team, Every student from AUSYD 11 - AUSYD 12 batch are able to see the activities score percentage except *Student's name* even completing all required tasks. So request you to please resolve this issues.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone,I am no longer able to see my class listed on dashboard. It currently says that I am not registered for any courses, since I have not registered for Spring yet. However, I did not know that registering for upcoming semesters would affect ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For the Peer Review function, I used to be able to see the assessment by one student, but it is no longer available now. I am setting one assignment be reviewed by 2 students and giving review anonymously. If I use Speed grader, on student A's page, ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to embed Articulate Storyline files into a course?Or is there any software that is compatible, such as Captivate etc?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have developed a course that issues a certificate of completion when course requirements are met. My colleague who created this course is unavailable in the near future, but I have been asked to generate a list of who has met the course requiremen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When copying course content to a new course year/semester, is there a way to do it without it publishing everything?  I find it laborious and irritating that you have to go through and click "unpublish" for every item when a course is copied.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good morning,Is there a video tutorial available that shows how best to navigate around in the Observer view? I would love to share a video like this (if one is out there) with the parents I work with.Thank you so much and I hope you have a great day...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have an HTML file for an image slider (that references CSS and JavaScript contained within the same folder) that I've uploaded to the Files section of my course and embedded in an iframe on a page. It all looks fine in the browser (on comput...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why are there different "assignment" columns in my gradebook? There are five separate columns.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I enter my grades for my class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies