Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I gave a group assignment. About 95% of groups submitted them correctly, but the remaining 5% said they had technical difficulties. I would like all submissions to go into Canvas the "right way" (i.e., as if students had correctly submitted them), if...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My program conducts regular student evaluations using a panel of graders. We have moved our comments to mostly typed/online and are looking to streamline this process. Moderated Grading through canvas does not quite meet our needs. Are there any exte...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using Canvas as an educator for 5 years.  I have been using external documents using Google Cloud Docs to upload and post assignments.  Im unhappy with how easily students are sharing google docs and handing in shared assignments.  Im loo...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Grading quizzes where student submit pictures is a nightmare. I teach a class with 140 students and each students submits between 6 and 10 pictures. Unfortunately Speedgrader does not display previews of student-uploaded pictures. This means that the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I was in the middle of entering grades in a Google LTI assignment, where I can enter comments in the Feedback box just under the score for students.  The very next (and subsequent) student, the box was cut to a 1cm height and I cannot enter text into...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greeting All:I have  a navigation menu that I want to include in the first page of a long module.  I would like to build it as a table, but not have it take up a lot of room on the page.  Is there a way in Canvas to have a table with a scroll bar?All...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,I work for a school that teaches several languages, including some that do not use the Latin alphabet, like Chinese, Arabic, Greek and Russian. I've just received a mail from a colleague that his class diary is not accessible to students,...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I appreciate IT support is a secret...I get it.  I am trying to login to the UAGC website, and once again the landing page goes everywhere but the classes.And then I try to reset password...no luck.Email for IT, not on page.Phone number on IT page......

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good dayMy dashboard is not giving me all the options nor does it show the courses I enrolled for, nor can I view my calendar, key dates or all the other important information.I need help please.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am unable to find my Student ID# and would like some help with that.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am an instructorI have several presentations under one heading in a Module. I replaced an item but now there is an empty box from the original item. It has an image of a bear and 'Media not Found' .How do I remove this box?Thank you very much

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Need some guidance on taking quizzes within Canvas. We have recently had an issue with middle school students cheating on quizzes. We are using the Canvas app on iPads for students. We don't currently subscribe to anything such as lockdown browser.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have several environments (Production, Integration Testing, Development... as well as their beta shadows), and I'm really trying to avoid hopping in to each one individually to remove some people who've moved on from our team.How do you handle acc...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The board is set so students must post before seeing other students' posts.  The student had one board with two periods (..) posted then an hour later the student posted their board with actual typed words.  The student told me they tried to upload a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Many of the ideas tutors attempt to communicate to students have a temporal element that is not easily included in static images.  While you have now allowed svg images to be embedded using the rich content editor, the way you have done this using a ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Recently, the canvas site has been causing my student navigation bar to keep disappearing whenever I log in. This has made navigating canvas difficult for me. Fortunately, I discovered this is something that happens when I log into my canvas account ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm a student. The instructor commented that she had left an audio critique for me, but I don't see the option to click on the audio. The attached image is the tutorial from the instructor stating that a box would appear if there is an audio comment....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I own an institution but I do not know how to signup and have the custom link (Ex. existing one in the area suwannee.instructure.com.)

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I enter grades for an assignment or exam I have graded manuarlly?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I locate a course that was removed from canvas? It is not in my archives 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I establish the percentage of the total course grade that each assignment group contributes?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I created a duplicate assignment with a different due date, students have submitted to both or just one.  How to I consolidate?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to download submissions in real alphabetical order (the same order as in SpeedGrader or the class lists)?  The problem is I have students with names like (not real names):Ma, Yo-YoMartinez, PedroAnd this order is correct and used in Sp...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am instructor. I cannot download files that were previously added to the course for students to access. (I wanted to download them to update them). From within a Module, I can see the file, and when I double click, I can see the option to download,...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am required to design an online course for a graduate course I am in. I entered my professor's email address in "People" but she is unable to access the course. Any suggestions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am trying to look for the Course Completion file for my class. I know that this is due before March 7. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a quiz that pulls questions from question banks using the Question Group feature. When I go to grade the quiz in speed grader, only the multiple choice questions appear and I am unable to find where to grade the free response questions...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am coming across an error when attempting to embed an image for a required and graded discussion board post. When I attempt to submit my discussion a message pops up stating "File storage quota exceeded"

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand that I can re-upload assignment submissions as a bulk upload in my course. Can I re-upload just one individual student's assignment (not in bulk)?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Yesterday I was unable to upload a powerpoint presentation, when attempting to post the desired file kept getting booted out of the attached file folder and when I thought the file stayed I pressed submit and the page would refresh without any attach...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies