Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Good dayI have completed my PowerPoint Training and Excel2019 Modules 1-4 but i see that its not graded.I need assistance. Regards

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant find the more options tab where is it

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add my canvas calendar to google calendar but it won't work. I open canvas & go to my calendar and click the link that is provided and go to google calendar and add it by URL but nothing shows up. I would like to know if this is an is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a faculty member.  I know how to make the quiz unavailable for taking after the due date, but I stil want the students to be able to see their answers and the correct answers.  Making the quiz unavailable after the due date means they can't see ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,I can't believe I'm posting such a basic question after so many years in the Canvas Community.  Recently, and for the first time, I tried to embed some images when posting some new ideas to Idea Conversations.  First I uploaded the images a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone taken BIO 115? If so could you help me find the link for adaptive quizzing on Canvas because my quizzes on Elsevier are not being accepted. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where on canvas can I find my assignments? I'm a student

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My last batch of assignments is different from anything I've seen in all the years I've been using Canvas. Docx files now come in as a link. If I click the link, I'm taken to a new page that I can't back out of, which means I have to take several red...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to make my Canvas course public, but I can't find the link to contact support to get help with this.  My options in settings are disabled. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find the assigned peer review.  I am supposed to do a peer review and per the professor should have gained access to the others student's work for review at 0000 of 11/12.  Per the help link it should have shown on the right side of the cour...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can my professor tell when I’ve uploaded an assignment? I uploaded an assignment but forgot to press submit. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, How can I delete old version assignment that submitted by mistake. I submitted two times but same file name. The current one has -1 after the file name and it won't meet the request from the professor.    Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas is difficult to use as too many images from previous classes getting notices that I have exceeded the limit,  and now my current classes, 0there is no more room to post images discussion on Canvas. The homework is due. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I AND THE INSTRUCTOR TALK ABOUT THIS MANY TIME MY PAPERS ISUMIT IN WAS DRADED AND WHEN I WENT BACK IT WAS TELLING ME IT 0 AND IT WAS GRADEED AT FIRST AND THEN SOME TIMES IT LIKE I DID NOT SUMIT IT WHEN ITS SHOWING I SUMIT IT IT AND ASKING ME TO SUMIT...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone please explain what it is I have to do in the discussion and what is the due date please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ideally, I would also like the course number as well.  That might mean I have to combine two sets of data.  I have tinkered with several of the admin reports and even downloaded a couple of the raw data tables and I seem to get contradicting data fro...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using the "classic" quiz tool to conduct a survey. BUT, the "fill-in-multiple-blanks" isn't providing an answer field. Instead, it just presents the [answergoeshere] as text.Is this one of the "it isn't broken but we will change it so that it is...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello,We have been requested to remove LTI's from courses offered over four years ago. To do this manually would be impractical. Is there any api call offered by Instructure to deactivate/remove LTIs from old courses, while leaving them active for ne...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I make comments alongside student submissions? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am contacting you in regards to an issue with a course i am enrolled in. I have completed the the required L100 Ski Recertficiation course and while it was being graded it then disappeared before i could access my Membership Code. I have tri...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a survey-type, ungraded quiz.. My question is about the "Additional Comments" box that I see when I open students' answers. If I put a comment in there, do students receive it? And if so, are they notified that the comment is there, or do t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am creating a new discussion, which I have done earlier in the semester. But now the option to select "Graded" is grayed out and I cannot select it. Suggestions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to hide the total grade for the course for ONE student in a class.  I know about the grade override option, but that makes me put in a grade from the grading scheme which would affect all students.  Basically, I am looking for a way for ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need help deleting courses out of Canvas to clean up the site. How do I bulk delete over 2000 courses that are no longer being used? They do not have SIS codes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to backdate learners into a 'new' section?My current setup: The learner has enrolled and accepted the course, I have then created a new section and would like to move them across to this new section. Is this possible? or once they have...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When i open my canvas app on my laptop, it doesn't show any "me" toolbar and i can't see any "view profile" link.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently heard a professor who starts each student at the beginning of the semester with a C, assuming that all students are average. As assignments are submitted, the grade goes up or down. This professor claimed that it motivated students as they...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The recent update (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Releases/Canvas-Deploy-Notes-2022-11-09/ta-p/543801#toc-hId-852516701) has made the To Do list basically unusable for me. I understand the issue it was supposed to address - separating a us...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can my canvas be set up so that every type of assignment defaults to "percentage?" (rather than "points")

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies