Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I would like to have different number values for each student who takes a test imported from Test Gen. Is it possible to do it? The settings in Test Gen allow us to print different versions of a test for an in person course. How can we transfer this ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I view copies of Messages that I have sent to students (or to discrete student groups) using People?.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my canvas I can clearly see my assignments on my calendar, however when I click them rather than it bringing me to the assignment it just brings me to the entire class. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community!I have an instructor that is asking if it's possible to view all of his comments in the gradebook for either a particular assignment, a particular student, or the entire class. Ideally it would be a master list of all his comments...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Inbox to send regular communications to the class.  At times, I would like to forward just the original message.  When I filter on Sent Messages, it does show all of my messages, but they also include the student replies.   I would like to...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i register my icev card for ag45

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Our students do an observed OSCE and so we provide feedback to each student via a words document. Is it possible to return this to the student via the assignment features rather then email out individual feedback to each student? Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my gradebook it is not showing my percent's. It in my All grading grading periods how do I get my assignments in the right term and show percent's 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A few users in our district don't get the option to resize images by dragging the corner of the images in the rich content editor.  We have tried multiple browsers and different file types but specific users are unable to resize while most users are....

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach online public speaking (asynchronous), and one of the requirements for speech videos is for students to have an audience of 5 people. Some students can't gather that many people, and one idea was to set up a special Discussion Board where stu...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The Quiz Item Analysis stopped working yesterday (Jan. 24, 2023) for my assessments. When I go to reports, it has 0 for Standard Deviation and 0 for high and low scores and the mean.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!Whenever I go to any discussion board for my Canvas courses, the page fully loads in (there is no buffering or anything happening) but nothing is displayed. This only happens with discussion board assignments, quizzes and submission assignments...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I start an initial post on canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, Thank you for clicking on my question.I want to connect between Canvas and Google Classroom.However, I didn't know except for Google Assignment.Is there any way to connect the Google Classroom?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I typed in a student's name incorrectly when I set her up in Canvas. How do I correct the spelling of her name? I don't know where to click.

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a student in my class who is also an instructor in our domain.  He can edit the class even though he is listed as a student when looking at the people in the class.  Thank you! 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm working with a teacher who is trying to install badgr for her section of a course. The other sections and teachers have been successful in adding badgr and connecting badges in the modules using the shared issuer in Badgr. For one of the teachers...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I took two classes with one professor and I am in six different groups. They take up space on my phone app. How do I leave these groups? The classes are over.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I have created a Quiz that has two questions.  The first one is a Test (no question) and the second is a Fill in the Blank.When a student takes the quiz, the first question doesn’t have any sort of header.  The second question has a header and ...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I hope this is a simple question: do I need to grant access to the Files tab/app on the left of the Canvas page to students (making it available for them to use) in order for them to properly use the Modules function? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there!I was wondering how to add multiple pictures to an inbox message on the app. Every time that I’ve tried it says that even one file (one picture) is too large to add or insert.Thank you,Dasha

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Bit of a mystery. I have been searching the guides and question forum for similar issues and can't find any. Next up I will need to submit a ticket, but thought I'd ask here first.I'm an admin. I have an instructor who is unable to reply to student m...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I am handling a class with a lot of quizzes and students, and some of them have specific accommodations.Is there a way to assign accommodations to specific students, so every time I create a quiz it is modified automatically according to these...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Two problems with the new test Keys:1. when you generate a key the PDF generated doesn't allow users to select text, and it is constructed in a way that even when you use the Adobe tool to identify text it still does not.2. Hot spot answers on printe...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Inbox allows me to type a message using the return key to make paragraphs but then ignores them when the message is sent. The recipient only gets a single block of text regardless of how many paragraphs were entered. So a message composed as: Dear Xy...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The new update to the Canvas Inbox has some issues. While it is easier to scroll through your courses, there doesn't seem to be a way to click on your Favorites, it is just one big long list depending on how long you have taught. Also, all formatting...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been receiving any email or push notifications. I have looked over the notification settings and they are set as needed, but I still haven’t received anything despite getting announcements and assignments only in canvas. What can I do to s...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an alternative to the publish/unpublish card view, having a setting to show the dashboard courses by roles would be awesome. For example: Instructors who are teachers in one course, and students in another course can have the option to view these ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a puzzling oddity that I can't figure out. I have a number of Graded Surveys (in Classic Quizzes). One of these surveys doesn't open to students until Feb 12, and yet somehow Canvas has assigned zeroes to 74 students (even Test Student has a z...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have been able to write emails to students using simple formatting such as paragraphs. However, that changed today when all of a sudden my messages (ones I wrote as well as received) appeared as one block of text even though the messages were previ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies