Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have one quiz worth 5% and another worth 20%. I can't weigh the quizzes assignment group all the same. Is it possible to assign the weight specifically to each assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student makes a second attempt at multiple choice questions on a midterm (classified on Canvas as a quiz), do their first answers disappear, especially essay questions?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A student in my class asked if there were directions for printing Canvas pages in different browsers (and printing to PDF). I couldn't find anything in the Student Guides. I know this is possible but rather than creating directions myself and reinven...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Sometimes students require extra time on assessments, and I would like to provide it for them in a way that also preserves test security. Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to have them 'turn in' an assignment so they don't have access to it, but then...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone updated to the new Mac operating system (Mac OS Ventura 13)?  If so, any issues with Canvas? I always like to check first, before venturing ahead with a new OS.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to limit the iCal subscription feed to just one specific course? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been getting a 500 Error while attempting to log into my institute's canvas portal.byui.instructure.comIs anyone else having issues with this? services show that everything is operational, and a similar issue was resolved around 6:30, when I s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My app suddenly acted as if I had just installed it.  Was using daily, all functions working, then - it was asking for my school, log in.  So I did all that and it takes my into my account page at my school.  The app itself never opens.  Then if I fo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Instructor creating first Canvas shellHow do I move the composed page to the Welcome Page?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded commentsHas a feature been requested by faculty to have Canvas disable/disallow students from being able to submit an attachment through graded comments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

where can i find a peer review for college

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to upload grades from an Excel spreadsheet to the Canvas gradebook. However, the  spreadsheet list of students is larger than the Canvas gradebook list. Can I still use the upload operation in Canvas? i.e. will the Canvas upload operation matc...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I love to use Dragon Naturally when grading assignments in Speedgrader.  However, I cannot figure out what phrase I should say to advance to the next student.  If anyone uses Dragon Naturally, please share any tips and tricks.  For example, I can say...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm curious how as a teacher I deal with changes in grading periods.  Once a grading period is passed, how can I get my assignments from that closed grading period to stop showing up in the Grade Passback operation?  Can I group my assignments by qua...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you please into my Milestone 4 grade i feel it was not graded well 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The free Teacher AccountI've been using his gone and I cannot get it back. I was changing the password on the account. 2 classes I have not taught in years is on there now and my currect classes are gone.Plewase advise.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can the "quiz statistics" tool be added to new quizzes? I have found the feature to be much more useable compared to the "reports" feature in new quizzes. Reasons for this is that I can show my class their data immediately when using quiz statistics ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm seeing information on using the Scheduler, but I'm unable to find the settings for turning this feature on in my Canvas instance. Is there a license or module that I need to purchase?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the pairing /joining code?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have been having difficulty figuring out which classmates work I am supposed to reply to. I have been unable to access that information and when I attempt to follow the steps provided my screen does not look similar to the one in the tutoria...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can I save my different grades files in a folder?  Right now they are all clumped together 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have embedded a Google slide with links for my students. All works well, but when my students try to click on a link that is on the slide- the slides start scrolling. How can I make them stay on page one without scrolling through the rest of the pr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After a course is concluded, can a student view course content, grades, etc.?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I received an invite to participate in a course as a teacher via email, after click "accept" CANVAS prompted me to log in. I had to log in with SSO via my organization, but once I logged in, I was not able to see the invitation. How do I accept an in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Unsubmitted assignments are being assigned a zero in our Canvas gradebook, lowering some students’ current grades to an incorrect percentage. However, this is only happening for some students on certain assignments. Also, I don’t believe it is happen...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 13 Replies

My colleagues and I are in desperate need of the ability to create an assignment and add it to a module immediately. Creating an assignment, then having to go to module, click add, scroll through existing assignments to get to the one needed to then,...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

A SpeedGrader option should be available anywhere I can see a quiz. Instead, where Canvas shows shows a SpeedGrader option is arbitrary and haphazard.Where Canvas made bad design choices is anywhere I can see a quiz but am not presented a SpeedGrader...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-05-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I have to use respondus to take my exams, everytime i try to log in to canvas using respondus it says username or password is incorrect, however i am able to log in to canvas using regular internet and the app. i uninstalled and reinstalled and it sa...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am connecting with moodle some issue http request . will you please tell me that from where will allow to http request in badgr account. please see error attached image.thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies