Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am using the current version of Google Chrome on a PC. When I edit a calendar event and need to go to "More options," the date listed for the event always changes to the day before. I searched online and within the forum but found no mention of thi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This isn't a question but a suggestion. I teach the same course for 7 different class periods. I do some assignments different so I like keeping the classes separate but when I have the same assignment I'm going to use in all 7 classes it would be ni...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our district is in its 2nd year of using the pass-back feature between Canvas and Eschool Plus (TAC).  Last year I had no problems.  I would put in assignments, grade them, then grade late submissions, and all would update each night starting at 6 pm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Started a course this morning and Canvas is a key tool for it. I signed up after receiving the link on Friday but when signing in today all I'm receiving is this screen that keeps reloading and won't load any new pages if I click on the buttons on th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am looking to work with someone who is an experienced evaluator of Canvas Courses to make my course better. I am happy to discuss compensation. While I have taken many classes on Canvas, I am looking for an outside perspective and a holistic ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Alef How do I attend a conference? I have three booked in for this week but no idea how to attend?Will you send me a link? Kind Regards Tony Moody

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the right sequence to set up an event that is to occur at different daytimes for different sections and then how that will be managed in Conference section (using Free for Teacher Canvas)?If it is the one event with multi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I am new to this community and I would like to check whether for the Grade Posting Policy feature is there a way for students to not view their grades/ results if they have pending payment/ statuses that disables them from seeing. If need to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I set a forwarding address for my inbox?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wanting to create a no-submission assignment column in Gradebook weighted 15% of the total grade. I have placed the no-submission assignment (worth 100 points) in an assignment group on the LMS worth 15% of the total grade. Confusingly, Gradeboo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are looking to find a way to stop teachers being able to regrade automatically marked questions.  This is causing us a lot of problems as teachers are "accidentally" changing the marks that have been given to 100's of students and sometimes we are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hey there, I'm wanting to upload custom fonts to use throughout our branded themes. Is this possible to do? and what are the steps in uploading customer fonts? Thanks,Paul

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Apps like Multi-highlight work in the Discussion Boards and Rubric Grading Pane but not in the student assignment document window (ctrl F will highlight one word at a time but as the Instructor I want to highlight 5-20 keywords at a time for grading ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like my assignments to display a percentage (although I have my assignments displayed as points).  If I have my assignments displayed as percentages, I need to input a percentage, which will convert to points, but I will want to put points in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am registered in an Italian class. But, when I check my Canvas dashboard I am not seeing the class as published. I know the teacher published the course because the rest of the class has been able to complete assignments and access materials and I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for your calendar to collapse and be able to look at your assignments similar to how it looks when you check your monthly assignments?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble taking a quiz on Canvas for my Psychology class. Every time I press the "here" button to take the quiz, it opens up a new blank window . 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas blanks out when retrieving assignments/grades. is this common to others as well?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I've run into what I consider to be a lack of fairly basic functionality in Canvas grading. While I quite like the features of assignment groups, in that they let you create weights for each group much like a typical syllabus would be structured, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,I am trying to delete an assessment in my tracker. Normally the delete option is available, but it seems like it's only available for raw scores. I've tried reinstalling my trackers, looking for settings that allow me to delete, and have reache...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where is the re-sit / resubmission portal within Canvas?  I'm a remote online student.Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put three tiles per line vs two?  Some students have 3 and others have two cards on each row.  I would love for everyone to have 3 courses including myself per row.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't Canvas Attendance have an "excused" option in taking attendance. We often have to track excused and unexcused absences, yet there's no real way to do that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - for Discussion posts, I know to hit the reply button.  However, I have a couple of clarifications: 1. Is there a character or word count limit to the reply? And 2.  What and when do you use the subscribe button feature? Thanks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I signed up over 30 of my students on Canvas, which did not ask for their email when they registered and now they cannot log into their account because there is no email.PLEASE RESOLVE.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

he students who registered the class with the invitation code or something can leave the class but those who were added by SIS or the teacher cannot leave. is it not possible for a student to leave a course after they accepted it?Also, if a student w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to remove a single bullet from an existing list with bullets? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to get out of Group 1 and enroll in Group 2. How to do this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,So just recently, I've had this problem with Canvas where i can't click any links except the Dashboard, and where the Dashboard is stuck on the loading screen and won't load in. I was wondering whether it was a bug, or whether there's something...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies