Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I like to prepare a recap announcement for my virtual office sessions (VOS) ahead of the VOS, to facilitate faster turnaround for the students. This includes a link to my video recording of the VOS (including their questions and our discussions), lin...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Interactions in Canvas are included in reports "when you contact the student via Conversations or when you leave a comment on an assignment." [source; I'm pretty sure Conversations means Inbox in this case].Comments on rubrics to students as well as ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My Canvas gradebook behavior has been changing in the last few weeks. (I assume this has something to do with new updates, such as the new quiz options.)This week I do not see the date and pulldown for prior submissions on the same assignment. The as...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the difference between the Total and the Overall categories in the gradebook?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a question about updating titles of questions in the Question Bank.I created a series of quizzes and tests broken down into domains and subdomains, but did not replace default "Question" name when making the quizzes. When I go into the Questio...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are having an issue with importing QTI 2.1 files with linked (or any for that matter) images into item banks in new quizzes.Before 11/9/22 we were able to successfully import QTI 2.1 files into a Canvas Item Bank.Post 11/9/22 we are not able to do...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm new in my position and we are new to fully leveraging Canvas.Let's say I want to run the following report: I want to know all the enrolled users in a term that haven't accessed a course in 10 days.How could I find this information?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where do i see if im registered as a teacher or student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, would like to know if there is documentation that will assist me in understanding Canvas Logs as obtained when students take exams:Interested to know what is happening belowwe have an exam in progress rows 1&2 on exam SITE IDThe suddenly we see a...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I am seeing duplicate video previews in our canvas instance. I have checked the Html code and tried it in various online HTML editors. It works fine in them and shows only a single preview.May I know how do I fix this issue?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I’m unable to download content for two of my courses showing option to Generate ePub per attached image. Please advise.Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I posted a file upload question quiz on canvas. Students submitted their work with PDF files and I graded in Canvas app on ipad. I put annotation on their pdf file, however students won't be able to see my annotated feedback on their end.If it's a fi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello awesome Canvas community!Our school has used Canvas as an LMS for many many years, and the position of Canvas Admin has be re-delegated several times during that period. We have noticed that there are many old users that still show up in the sy...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a student who I have edited his section, but when I go to my Learning Mastery Grade book, he does not appear in his section. In fact to obtain his Mastery Learning scores, I have to go to People, locate him, and then access his grades through ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My lockdown browser is not allowing me access to take tests. I had someone to speak with the IT department at William Carey and they stated that it is Canvas related. I need some assistance quickly.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to set 'preformatted' as the default style on student answer box for essay questions?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Under Assignment i do not have the sync option how do i get then

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This semester, some students have had trouble getting video files to upload on assignments (beyond size issues). Sometimes they get them to upload, but I then need to download them, rather than watching them within Canvas, as I have done in the past....

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add questions from an existing quiz to the question bank? I don't have the "Build" option when I click on the 3 dots associated to the quiz.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're trying to determine if there's a way to set the position of external tools such as LTIs in the Course navigation menu globally for all courses?From what I can see we could utilize the Tabs API to reorder the menu items but that would very ineff...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a bonus to a total Quiz score?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a course with only 37 students. Why must I select a group when trying to access Speedgrader from an individual (not group-based) Assignment? I should be able to open the submitted file and grade students in what ever order I choose. If I want ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there, Clickview Interactive videos are great, and it’s easy to embed them on a Canvas page.However, when creating a Clickview Interactive video as an assignment, an Error message - Invalid content type: ContentItem is returnedIs anyone creating C...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have a course (2022-VE09-VU22606), it is showing "No modules have been defined for this course". Please help me to find this module for me? ThanksBest regardsJing

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I "verify" my roster in Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to have two different emails for one course. Say if my canvas email is linked to a different email than my teams account.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible for the tools in SpeedGrader/Doc Viewer to auto populate frequently used comments (just like the "Add a Comment" block for an overall assignment)? Currently I copy and paste frequently used comments from Notepad to the different Doc Vi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I total up the points for each student this sum does not equal all the points.Some points are missing.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for due dates in an associated course (the child course of a blueprint course) to automatically align to the term start date? Otherwise, we would have to manually adjust the due dates for every discussion, assignment, and quiz in all o...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies