Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi, I was not aware that there was a student calendar until my students pointed out that the regularly scheduled zoom meeting wasn't appearing on it. Is there a way to make this happen automatically? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Having issues getting into the app. After staring at the loading screen for a while, which outlasts the time for my iPad to turn off, it kicks me out. I’ve tried restarting my iPad, powering my iPad off and on, and gone through manager trying to rein...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I'm a parent with an observer role in Canvas. Is it possible for a teacher to disable the "assignments" navigation link for the student, but have it enabled for the observer? I find the assignments page to be very useful (along with the grades...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an admin in my current employers' canvas, and I am working with a faculty member who wants to allow students to self-enroll. I followed instructions from "How do I enable course self-enrollment with a join code or secret URL?" but there is no op...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I pull up subjects like Syllabus and Quizzes on the Dasboard

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have a quiz that the students have taken and one student had to take it late due to illness.  Now when I open speed grader for the quiz I can only see the student who completed it late.  How do I see the other quizzes to grade them?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why the whole canvas platform is using no index tag in its header?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created assignments and tried to enter grades in the gradebook. It is impossible. I have spent 30 minutes trying to figure this out. The good news is that I will stick with my tried and true excel spreadsheet, since this "technology" clearly is not...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my canvas page won't load. almost everything is blank and nothing happens when I click the dashboard button.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to find out the best way to handle students that leave our corporation. Is it better to suspend them or delete them? If I delete them will they re-enroll in our school will they re-enroll through the Power School sync like a new student?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I used an older test in one course, sent it to another, and then renamed and built new content on it. My new quiz is available, however, when I sent it from the exam bank to the BP course, it seems to have overwritten an older test (possibl...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my folders are not popping up they are blank cards on my screen but they work fine on my app on any mobile device.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have multiple assignments that need to be updated all at once. I have a module that needs to be updated to only apply to a specific group in my class, I have to edit every assignment individually to assign them only to the intended group. Why cant ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Act As only appear for Admin at the root account?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

What does a parent do when pairing code given and it doesn't take? It gives invalid error message.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,I transferred from Orange County Public Schools (Florida employee number 44242) during the summer and was not able to access Canvas after I left the district.  Is there any way that I can get my canvas classes that I had with OCPS and ha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

"Admins who are given student roles in a course may still be able to view admin features. To avoidpermission conflicts, admins should create a separate account."How does you institution manage creating separate accounts for employees who are also stu...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have our deliverables to be submitted in the format of Fox MC style. I have been researching on Canvass as the instruction says it can be found on the Resource Section of Canvass. I have spent half day and could not find any information on this. W...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having LTI 1.3 with custom parameters,Canvas.course.idCanvas.user.idI get these values while launching LTI and used them in the initial logic of my application. Now I went through this documentation - Canvas Platform Breaking Changes It seems the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When using speed grader, I can not change the incomplete/complete grade, I can only make comments. I have to then return to the marks book to give a result. I've checked all the previous thread and troubleshooting and I cant find where I can change t...

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I've built the quiz, and put all the feedback for text-entry type in box 3 - general feedback regardless of whether it is correct or incorrect answer.  When I preview this in student view, those items only show 'Waiting for grade" not the feedback en...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Whenever I login to my canvas on my computer nothing what so ever shows on my screen other then the side bar on the far left, wHAT I can see is still limited though to being the help men, a calendar and two other things but when I do click on them th...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm looking for an understanding of the way that Hide/Post Grades, a Late Policy that automatically assigns grades, and the Manual/Automatic Post Grades functions interact.These three features ALWAYS, ALWAYS comes back to bite me. I wish I had a tabl...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have inherited a mess of different course and student names, sis id's missing and no consistency or pattern to them. Is there an easy way to bulk update all course details, or student details?I'm thinking a way of downloading a csv, doing manual/au...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Silly question, I'm a noob - how do I start a new class/unit? There appears to be no obvious "add" "+" or "start" new class button or command.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm experiencing difficulty accessing my courses on Canvas on my laptop. The webpage seems to be loading forever and all of its contents are blank. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to lock the placement of the course navigation links? We understand that they are movable and the order can be changed around. We also understand that the links can be hidden from the student view. But what if at the admin level, we wa...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a current canvas account & successfully paired my 8th grader.  When I hit add student for my child's sibling, and I had the sibling send me the code from his account, I keep getting an error message of a "failed pairing."  What are we doing wr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there an easy way to turn on spell check for a New Canvas Quiz for the students? I had no idea that spell check was not automatic for the student like it is when you create the quiz. I have already created several quizzes to find out that I had to...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am missing two courses from my canvas. Pathology and Medical Microbiology. I did sign the pass/fail contract but now I can’t see or do my assignments. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies