Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Students are starting the year with a 0 “F” in every course. We have our teachers using assignment categories which are currently empty because assignments are unpublished and unassigned until the teacher chooses to do so. There is a setting to hide ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The campus moved some of my courses from Blackboard to Canvas (a helpful thing).  But I do not want to "publish" the whole course, but just parts of it.  Isn this possible, or do I just start over with a new course listing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to import to Canvas tests created by Pearson Test Generator, but I do not know how to do this.Can someone help me, please?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been off for a semester and noticed that my Canvas screen looks different than the tutorials. I do not see the "Group" option on my sidebar. Is there something I need to do to get this option or does that only appear when a professor enables i...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I typically set modules to make students view every item in sequential order and turn in all assignments (or get a grade).My question is if i force them to go through sequentially or not. I think this must make it easier to navigate the module if you...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like using the External Tool feature for the type of assignment submission so that the Canvas assignment and Google Docs immediately integrate and make the "submit" button available for students.  However, I don't see that there is an option to uti...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have accessed the Power Points from Sage for my text, including the test bank.  It doesn't seem to be set up for me to copy a question into my quizzes which include my own questions. Does anyone know how I can do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up for due dates from assignments and quizzes to automatically go into Calendar?

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I don't remember how to import questions from McGrawHill testbuilder into Canvas quizzes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My  health goals are :staying healthy staying in a fitness routine  And Staying in a healthy food routine

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I assign a letter grade to an assignment, the letter grade appears in the gradebook. However, when I assign points to an assignment, the points do not show in the gradebook. How do I get the points to show in the gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't access this link that my instructor provided to me.  https://canvas.instructure.com/courses/4855854I do have a FREE version of the Canvas Account.  Neither of us can figure out why I can't access the course.  Any ideas? Charlie Nelson 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who is Spring Hill College's CSM?Thank you for your time,Patrick 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have the Syllabus set to public view. However, the course is not ready to be published. Can the syllabus still be viewed if the course is unpublished?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I did get the invitation email, but when I clicked on "Get Started", I was not given the option to accept the invite. I have access to the course, and I can edit and make changes, but the status still shows as pending.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So, I'm hoping to get all submissions of a given assignment via Canvas API using a Python script.Per this link: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Is-there-an-API-call-that-get-a-list-of-all-submissions-for-one/m-p/475774...the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just need to know how to turn in an assignment using windows 365 I can send it in using word or as a DOC, or DOCX.?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the LaTeX advanced mode (direct edit mode--whatever it's called in the new equation editor) to specify a different color for the base number v. the exponent. What I do displays correctly but when tested with a screen reader, it will not rea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Ya no me aparecen ninguno de los cursos que tenia, soy estudiante. Alguien sabe por qué pasa eso? Y cómo se pueden recuperar? No moví nada, solo me aparecen 3 cursos que ya no curso y los que tenia literal se borraron. Ni siquiera me salen en pasados...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Please help. I have an assignment set up using the Turnitin LTI 1.3 assessment external tool. All appears to be set up correctly with the 'generate similarity immediately' tool set up...however, this is not working and despite 'copy & paste' a pie...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to cross-list my 5 sections of a course. When I added a section and cross-list, the first class disappeared form dashboard. I know I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is. Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to upload an mp4 file i created into a class module, but I get Error 400.  How do I upload an mp4 file? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an account admin I want to enable my staff and students to take advantage of user profiles. Im not seeing how to turn this on at the admin level. Can anyone help? Thanks,

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I hav enever had any issues logging onto CANVAS.  But today I logged on and noticed that on the Dashboard none of my classes show up and non of my assignments are displayed.  When I log on using my phone it is like normal, but when I log on using my ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I recently already had a problem with Canvas not letting me sign in which recently got fixed but now I have an additional problem. After finally being able to sign in to canvas it is now not showing my classes that I know should be on there. What can...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I am trying to upload my school logos. I get an error it doesn't load and when I click on preview page the logos doesn't appear. and they only allow the default one.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, A course that I am no longer taking and have finished from the previous semester is still on my canvas dashboard…how can i fix this? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There is no option to change the status from "unassociated" to "changed" or "synchronized." Do I have to wait until the semester actually begins for this option to be available?If not, why can't I change it from "unassociated"?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for my students to submit an assignment through canvas and have it go to a specific folder in google drive? I tried doing the "Google Drive Cloud" assignment under "Submission Type" but I couldn't link a Folder.  Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My canvas won't load on my computer. It let's me log in but, won't load completely. It gives me three options dashboard, calendar and inbox which I can click on but it  doesn't show me anything on the tabs. It works on my phone fine but since some cl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies