Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I need to delete my teacher account and reset my password for my student account.   How can I do this? Thank You for your help Gwen Saylor  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to Embed a video on Canvas, and I did not get an Embed code. I, then, tried to upload the recorded video, which now says it is in the process of embedding. How long does it typically take, and did I do it correctly? The video is 2 minutes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't believe that Canvas doesn't have a way to search my course materials. That is a quite negligent oversight for a system of this nature.My instructor referred to a previous lesson, but I don't remember which lesson it was, all I have is a word ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When enabling a student to see quiz results, does it default to only one time? How do you restrict the student to only view their correct answers/results of the questions to one time only? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some of the grades I am entering manually continue to show the comment icon instead of the actual grade.  I have tried to change it several times unsuccessfully.  How can I fix it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My university has a course template that allows professors to do this. I asked for the template, but the coding did not translate to my system. Here are pictures of what I am trying to accomplish.As you can see, the content below the button changes w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I published my class but my students can't see it.  It says it is not published.  I need help getting them access.  Any ideas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Which Features should we enable or disable? Haven't been in school for 23 years.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I am signed up for the 6/8/22 canvas session. I believe I have followed all the instructions to begin this session. I am just wondering if there is a Zoom link I need to be sent for this session?Thank you for your time as it is greatly appreciated...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a group assignment (Final Project 35% of final grade) which as three sections (3 separate assignments). Each section is worth a different percentage and I want to grade each section based on 100 points per assignment.Final project is 35% of fi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am running into an issue  on my user page. There are no buttons to add and record in the toolbar. When I click on the add videos button center screen the add video box opens , however no options are there to browse files for upload. I am using Wind...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I put zeros in for students on an assignment that was not due yet and want to revert them back to hyphens but when I try it says that it is an invalid grade. Is there anyway to remove the zeros? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My school is new to Canvas and my teachers re asking if they can add the Remind app to their courses? According to info I have from Remind, I (the administrator) have to enable Remind's Canvas integration. I am having difficulty finding out how to do...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm an administrator at my university and we are trying to gather data on how many of our courses are utilizing certain features in Canvas such as discussion boards. We've discovered that the "discussions" analytic also tallies announcements so that ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was trying to copy my course content from this year to next year's course and accidentally did the opposite. How can I get the content from this year back that I lost? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a professor reaching out to me regarding her doctoral students canvas page for this summer. She has all her dissertation students in one class, but only a select group of them need to submit an assignment. She has put the students that need to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!How do you track the shared content you sent to your colleagues? I sent some files to a few of my colleagues a couple of weeks ago and now I want to track what exactly I sent and can't find the history of the shared content. Does anyone know wh...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi - I think I know the answer to this, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.Is there a way, within a course, in the "Files" area, to determine what folder a specific file is in. I know that I can go to files and search and it will find the file, but it doesn't ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I get noticed about plagiarism in terms of coloured (green, yellow, and red) marks in the gradebook columns of each assignment. Since these are not clickable, I don't know how to find WHAT is causing the different colours? Also, occasionally, there i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I enter grades for a skills lab?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to mark papers on speedgrader - I am a student marker and therefore do not have control over the module page. However, it keeps telling that the papers that are assigned for me to mark have already been marked and have been sent in fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I batch upload individual start files for each student? I know that it is possible to batch download for grading and then batch upload the graded files. But what if I want each student to start with a slightly different file that I upload? If ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there, Looking to get response from expert available here, will be highly appreciated. I started creating Rubric and I noticed Rubric is just adding up the marks. Is there any way to perform different calculations like subtractions, average these ...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have created a captivate 2019 VR 360 tour .    I need to place it in a lesson module so that students can open it on their computer or phone and work through the tour.  I published the lesson as a zip file, and then loaded the file into the module....

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

InstructorHow come only some of my modules have a drop-down where I can add stuff to the page? In the picture, I am trying to add something to module 5, but I no longer have the drop-down box? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to shrink the banner which appears underneath elementary subjects? The banner takes up a lot of space on the Chromebook screen.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I have a question regarding assignments and/or grade book.Can I create groups and subgroups of assignments? For example:The group is called Attendance, and it is the average of X subgroups called "Class1, Class2,...,ClassX"Each subgroup can hav...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies