Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, Canvas team, We have encountered a problem.  We have a dataset including students' names, gender, ethnicity, etc. Then we migrate part of the students' data to Canvas so we have the course information of the students. But the original dataset con...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I pass a bank of questions already created with the previous format to the new quizzes format?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I see the question bank from the new exam format?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a course for learning about canvas as a teacher?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload word to do assignments?  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have turned off notifications in every course. No longer wanting daily or weekly notifications. The notifications are turned off in according to student's account; however my email continues to receive notifications. I have followed the canvas ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am creating a course in Canvas and have been using the Office 365 LTI to link to PowerPoints in my OneDrive. I have not had any issues in creating links or getting the PowerPoints to display in presentation mode as long as I made sure the li...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy, Is there any work-around for saving rubric comments from a first draft when updating the rubric for a second draft/resubmission? I'm thinking of situations where the only ones resubmitting are those who didn't meet the goals the first time. So...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While I'm trying to register for classes, I'm getting stuck at "You have no Registration Time Ticket for the current time." What does this mean, and how do I continue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I regrade a quiz, the students get an email. I don't want them to get the email as they literally jump me before I've even had a chance to get to theirs begging for changes. Obviously they have no patience. The old post 2019 post says to Hide or...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To Whom It May Concern: I'm wondering if I have the wrong version of Canvas. Where the course says to locate certain topics, I do not see it there. However, I do find it somewhere else. For example, this course states that I can find the announcement...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We would like to make a survey that any student in our department could take, whether they are in my course, or not. Is that possible? I know we can use other providers but am hoping to find something that wouldn't cost extra, would only be available...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to record an A/V post in a discussion; however, when I click "record" and the 3-second countdown begins before recording, the window closes automatically when it reaches "0". I'm not sure if this is a setting I can adjust or if it's becau...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create an Ordering question in New Quizzes, one of the options says "Display Answers in a Paragraph." Can someone explain what this does/how it works?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I update rubrics, do I also have to update grading e-rubrics?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had to adjust the assignment settings after there were submissions. Now I am unable to post the grades by making them visible in Speed Grader. When I click on the EYE icon, this alert comes up.  When I go into GRADEBOOK and try to release the grad...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,    We would like to add our company to the partner's list, can you advise us how to do it?   Sincerely

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am struggling with the new quizzes and their set-up options. I have explored all the settings and options but am not finding the settings I used on classic quizzes.  Here is what I am trying to achieve: Multiple attempt quiz where the correct a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the average time form posting a request for a fix of an issue till a solution is implemented?The issues I have, have been posted by others between 2 and 5 years ago, so I am just wondering, how long a wait I should prepare for.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

1. All the engines have failed in different ways, but all the failures were due to loss of cooling or lubrication caused by a gasket failure. How many failures out of 7 were due to cooling (&/or lubrication)? 2. What was the outcome of the two races ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Upon submitting a reply to the main discussion of a form it was deleted. in other words the reply shows up as being posted but with no text. is there a way to maybe access the auto-save feature to retrieve the lost post. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I review past tickets that I have submitted? I have the ticket number.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to copy and paste students' answers from quizzes? I used to copy and paste their answer and create separate comment files for providing detailed comments, but all of sudden I am not able to copy students' answers from quizzes.    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to view the notes pane when grading a student PPT submission without having to download the presentation?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my Canvas course I have posted over 350 assignments.   Because of the large number of assignments, it takes ~20 or 30 seconds for the Canvas Assignment Page to load and the page is unresponsive until it loads completely. Some assignments only take...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!   Are there file size maximums to importing QTI .zip files?   I am trying to upload a .4MB question bank to a Canvas course using the import existing content option and selecting QTI .zip file. I have successfully uploaded other question bank ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi we have had a course running since 2017 and all of a sudden the videos will not run. The person who designed the course is no longer at our institution. I know very little about Canvas. I am signed in as teacher and I have confirmed that the video...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access peoples comments after I have already graded the paper?  I receive a notification, but am unable to find the comments that the students left to respond.  I am a TA, so I don't know if that changes the process. Is there an easier way t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies