Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hi everyone,I was wondering if someone could help. I've imported a scorm file (articulate storyline) into Canvas, but there's a bit white gap above the activity in the page. It's not a problem with the activity as I've tested it in scorm cloud, so it...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How the heck do I find a class discussion?  The instructions provided by Canvas are pretty much...no they are useless. 

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach high school Economics with four sections I've merged into a single class.  Last week I assigned a group project for students to work on, allowing them to work with a partner and submit one assignment.Problem is, the groups for this Project ar...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to download all the submissions but is there a way to only download the assignments that have not been graded? thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why can't our calendar mimic our child's calendar (i.e. when work is completed, it's crossed out)? This would be really helpful.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I allow students to complete a quiz over a period of time? Can they save it and go out and come back in and complete it? Or does it always need to be in one session?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for a student to send out a group email to all of their fellow course-mates without having to individually select each one? As a course rep it'd be very helpful to be able to do this.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers manually created copies of their courses to work on over the summer. These copies of their courses were then imported into the Canvas course shells generated by our SIS in the Fall of 2021. Is there a way, as an admin, I can permit teachers ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I add a file attachment to a comment for an assignment, the process never shows as successful. It cycles infinitely, like this:    If I reload the page, I get a warning that my changes will be lost. Usually, the reloaded page shows the attac...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello team, We are trying to add people to a canvas course and give them 'observer' access. In most courses, we have been able to select 'observer'. However, in a number of courses, the 'observer' access is not in the dropdown list. Does anyone have ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make visible to students the total number of points they have earned?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get to my "Recent Activities?"

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola me llama kathleen es Verano estoy deseando it a la playa

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, Canvas team, We have encountered a problem.  We have a dataset including students' names, gender, ethnicity, etc. Then we migrate part of the students' data to Canvas so we have the course information of the students. But the original dataset con...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I pass a bank of questions already created with the previous format to the new quizzes format?

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How can I see the question bank from the new exam format?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a course for learning about canvas as a teacher?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload word to do assignments?  

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I have turned off notifications in every course. No longer wanting daily or weekly notifications. The notifications are turned off in according to student's account; however my email continues to receive notifications. I have followed the canvas ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! I am creating a course in Canvas and have been using the Office 365 LTI to link to PowerPoints in my OneDrive. I have not had any issues in creating links or getting the PowerPoints to display in presentation mode as long as I made sure the li...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy, Is there any work-around for saving rubric comments from a first draft when updating the rubric for a second draft/resubmission? I'm thinking of situations where the only ones resubmitting are those who didn't meet the goals the first time. So...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

While I'm trying to register for classes, I'm getting stuck at "You have no Registration Time Ticket for the current time." What does this mean, and how do I continue?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I regrade a quiz, the students get an email. I don't want them to get the email as they literally jump me before I've even had a chance to get to theirs begging for changes. Obviously they have no patience. The old post 2019 post says to Hide or...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To Whom It May Concern: I'm wondering if I have the wrong version of Canvas. Where the course says to locate certain topics, I do not see it there. However, I do find it somewhere else. For example, this course states that I can find the announcement...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We would like to make a survey that any student in our department could take, whether they are in my course, or not. Is that possible? I know we can use other providers but am hoping to find something that wouldn't cost extra, would only be available...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to record an A/V post in a discussion; however, when I click "record" and the 3-second countdown begins before recording, the window closes automatically when it reaches "0". I'm not sure if this is a setting I can adjust or if it's becau...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I create an Ordering question in New Quizzes, one of the options says "Display Answers in a Paragraph." Can someone explain what this does/how it works?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies