Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I publish a hybrid i. e. "room and zoom" class in canvas to use as a supplement, resource and format?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Adding a dark mode would make the website more accessible and easier on the eyes. Basically, the background would be black or a darker color than white, and would use less power and be more eco friendly, while also being easier on the eyes.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I understand the feature: adding an automated signature to email sent via Canvas, is not available. When will it be added? I think it's the least you could do for us faculty, and way overdue. ----copy/pasted signature----Christina Nguyen HungAssociat...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, We’re looking for a secure way for faculty to send us IRS W9 forms. Is Canvas secure enough for this, where a document will include a social security number? Thanks for any help!Christine

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

We used to be able to have students have non University email types and it worked, none it does not.  Can we re-enable this feature?   Bobby  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have assignments in PowerSchool that only 4 of my 21 students' grades synced from Canvas. I have checked the categories, due date, name of the assignment, and made sure the sync was toggled on. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the page about starting a microsoft collaboration, it says "Note: If you do not have any existing collaborations, this button will not display in the Collaborations page." It does not say where the button will appear. I cannot seem to find one any...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello I am  a student trying to create a Profile on Canvas but cannot seem to find where to do it.Does this particular institution allow it? It only allows me to upload my photo but there is no option for Bio, etc. Can I please get some assistance? T...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having problems with getting my courses assignments to show up on the monthly calendar. I'm not sure if there is anyway to fix it, but my current courses all have gray boxes beside them and none of the assignment dayes are showing up the calenda...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to copy a table that is used for my syllabus. When I copy it in I lose all the formatting. I have seen other teavhrs sites and it has a table that is formatted ncely. How can I do the same without manually filling in the contaents into a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why does the 'pages' link just go to the home page and require an additional selection to go to the (plural) pages index? You already enter on the home page which you can then edit and you can also go to that through a link. It is clunky to have to c...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Do Pre-requisites copy over using the Course Import Tool? 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are seeing a strange issue with our rosters syncing from Infinite Campus. When a student has a schedule changed before the first day of school, counselors are not able to place an end date on the section enrollment in Infinite Campus. This means t...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if it's possible to schedule an update to a page. I want to be able to upload class notes and resources ahead of time, but not publish them just yet. The page in question is already published, but I'm working far ahead of where my stude...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am sharing my screen, I can't tell when students join the class. It would help if I could hear a notification that a student has joined.  Thank you for considering this feature.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, When I hide an item from the Course Navigation setting inside a course it by default only hides from students. There is a way to hide from another user? for example TAs or Teachers? It looks like have a way to do it via API, but that will not be ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way I can manually activate a user?  I have sent her an invite and this was her response "Please let me know if it shows completion on your end. I followed the link and entered my information, but it will not load anything after that it ju...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  Has anyone found a way to utilize the Google Drive (LTI 1.3) without completely opening the Google domain up for students to share everywhere?  There is some fear in our district about giving students carte blanche access. I  know you can whi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In the modules section I work with prerequisites to be able to track students' course progress. However, via 'view progress', I can only see the progress at student level.  How can I get an overview of the total group and where students are in the co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There's these huge broken white boxes, instead of a line divider.  It's fine on Chromium browsers, but why is this happening on Safari? I do not want to switch browsers all the time, as Safari is my main browser. All extensions are turned off and his...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Having copied a class, imported content from one class to a new class, I have lost the function to edit the home page  Can you direct me to be able to solve this issue Thanks SD 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey All,     I'd like to think myself pretty familiar with the new style of Canvas quizzes; however, I want to see if I can further expand my knowledge.   This semester, I am teaching a digital electronics class. Part of the class is understanding nu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all For compliance, we need to have the ability to check mail content. Whether it's because the audit team need to be able to see mails about assessment extensions, or for ensuring communication on the system is appropriate.  Does IT have any way ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a class that I'm registered for but it doesn't show up and the message says "You don't have any courses, so this page won't be very exciting for now. Once you've created or signed up for courses, you'll start to see conversations from all of y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. I am a student. So I’m wondering if anyone else has this problem and if they know how to fix it. I like to put custom colors using hex codes for my courses. But when I do that, certain colors don’t show up and automatically display a duller ve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I teach a media methods classfor future teachers where I use Canvas. Therefore the students have their "Student" Canvas account.  One of the assignments I would like to do is to have them create a Canvas course to prepare them for this virtual k-12 w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you get the Immersive Reader to actually read the readings in the student role?  The Immersive Reader button disappears when the content is opened.  It only reads what is in the shell of canvass - which is not the professor's assigned readings...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I want to assign a video for students to watch in its entirety before they move on to the next assisngment.  I know I can add prerequisites in Modules but not Assignements?  Am I missing someting?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am not able to upload my assignments on Canvas.   I am a student in the Guardiaship program.   I have followed all of the instructions.  Can someone help me via ZOOM or remote in to my computer.  Thank you, Nannette

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on "Courses" and then "All Courses" while on my Canvas page, I only receive a "You are not enrolled in any courses" message and none of my previous course links. While this message is correct in that I am not currently enrolled in any cl...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies