Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

how does it work

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We had hackers create accounts in our Canvas environment via public courses so they weren't added via our SIS import.  There are hundreds of them.  Is there any way to do an upload and change the status of their accounts to deleted?  I was able to id...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

It says Winter 2021 - How do I change it to Winter 2022?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor is trying to embed a link to the Chat on a Page. When the instructor edit Pages, choose  Insert>Course Links>Navigation, neither Concourse Syllabus nor Chat show up in the list to embed. Is there a way to get those to show on the Course Na...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I load up canvas on my laptop my classes wont load they just glitch

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to redesign the Sub Account structure at our organization by dividing them into Online & On Campus >> College of ??? >> Department. I am able to build this in Canvas but cannot assign SIS ID to the department sub accounts. This keeps me f...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Just why? Even in the text it says to Submit an assignment, click the Start Assignment button. There is no timer, there is no time limit, its not a race its a final action, a piece of work is being handed in. If I was to go into a University and then...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

HI,I have been trying to access the online obligatory training module I have been asked to do, but when I access Canvas through ‘Go to Canvas’, the dashboard is not responsive and appears be flashing. I am on campus and using a University computer. C...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hae a student that cannot download some files displaying in one of our Canvas modules. The download bar comes up with the message "download.html Failed - Needs authorisation". I tested this with other student accounts (including my own fake student...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are just starting wtih Canvas, so far it's pretty good.  I'm a bit stuck working out how to create an assessment that is done in class (where the assessor can assess them, but nothing is uploaded by the student.  I know that we will need to connec...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I’m trying to join a group for one of my classes. For some reason it is not letting me 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you get the image on the home page?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Dear Sir or Madam, My students often do not see all the annotated feedback on assignments when viewing feedback within Canvas.  Would it be possible to revise the instructions (https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-view-annotation...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've had some reports where teachers are not able to see their gradebooks in the Chrome browser. I am not able to replicate the issue, so we believe this is being caused by some setting in their browser. Has anyone else encountered this recently and ...

• 6 Likes
  • 34 Replies

Hello!  I am not finding exactly what I am trying to figure out. What I am wondering is if there is a way to create a "text box" similar to a PowerPoint slide or Google Slide and have graphics intermingled with the text? Perhaps in HTML code? My visi...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The dictionary and translate features are going to be issues in certain classes (such as foreign language). Is there any way a teacher can disable these particular features on an individual course level in Canvas?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student that I am giving an extension to on an assignment.  However, I want to post an answer file for all of the other students in my course and hide the answer file from the student that has not yet completed the assignment.  The answer fi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach at two schools and can't seem to find a way to create a test and question banks at one and port them over to another. Since we have size limits on our courses, I get an error when i try to import a course export. Is there a way to export clas...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm looking to reduce the number of API calls I make by switching from the PUT /api/v1/courses/:course_id/assignments/:assignment_id/submissions/:user_id endpoint to this one: POST /api/v1/courses/:course_id/assignments/:assignment_id/submissions/upd...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good morning, I am a new instructor and new to Canvas; I lost a quiz and my student grades. How can I retrieve them? Thank you. eisenhauerj@lackawanna.edu

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can someone explain why I cannot get any alerts or notifications? I receive email messages, but that it is it. I would like to get push notifications, but it is strange that I don't even see alerts.   Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't see my canvas dashboard on Microsoft surface. But I can see it on my laptop.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have been able to place all completed courses into an "Archived Term," however it really bothers me that these courses are first on the course search. While it may only affect a few people, these courses are actually empty courses that were ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In New Quizzes, Item Banks are connected to individuals users - not to specific courses. In fact, there seems to be no way to actually connect an Item Bank to a specific course. So how can academic support staff, who may routinely deal with hundreds ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,  Currently on the AWS Academy Cloud Architecting but cannot download the Student Guide PDF at end of each module.  How do I save or download it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a final exam this afternoon and my wifi disconnected halfway through the exam for around 5 minutes but reconnected right after. I continued doing the exam and 1 minute before the deadline I was panicking to submit it. But right when I hit the s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way inside the api to see what questions students decided to skip and come back to during a quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Most of what I am trying to accomplish is watching a video, tracking that the student watched it then on to the next course.  I can find how to upload videos OR having it go to site like Vimeo.  I was able to get 1 video in but it took 7% of the stor...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My messages are not showing up in my inbox.  It shows that I have two messages but they are not showing up in my inbox.  See screenshot below

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Apparently simple html tags like <button> no longer work in rce and I cannot seem to find out exactly what does work. So, I thought I would ask the experts. Where can I find this information? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies