Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We use REST api for Canvas to create courses. We found recently this thread which mentions the participation setting is needed. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/Add-Participation-field-to-Courses-API/idc-p/467939/highlight/true#M...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I have an External URL (e.g. video located on my Google Drive) within the Modules section of my Canvas course, is there a way to see which students have clicked on this link and viewed the video?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm a student and I'm trying to get the exact time events from the calendar start. I have managed to get a list of events on any given day, however I need that exact time of the events as well. Is there any way to do this? (I'm talking about events, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am having a problem with the student annotation tool. I set the due date for the assignment, but do not have a date for the assignment to close; however, students that do not submit the assignment on time are no longer able to access the document d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the last 2 weeks, I have had 3 different assignments that have not synced to PowerSchool. The other assignments did. I have changed the assignment type, dates, and turned off the sync portion, saved, and then clicked to sync to the grade book. I a...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Howdy. I am a grader for a course. I encountered this problem while creating homework. If I use a question that originated from an exam in a previous semester, the images of the question will still be linked to the previous course. Since students do ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After a default template is created and courses are loaded, how do you remove the template from a course? We tried resetting the course however the template was included with the new course.  Any ideas? thanks so much ahead of time!      

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was looking for how to remove someone on Canvas page. I was looking up guides but it seems that we don't have the options to remove a user or even look at more details on their profile like activity or other analytics.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach Psychology and I want to give one half of my class one scenario to consider, and the other half a slightly different variation of the same scenario to consider. The key is, I don't want students in one group to see what the students in the ot...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to integrate UserGuiding with Canvas and it's payment is related to the amount of users that access my canvas monthly. For example, if "user1" access it more than once on the month it still counts as only one user accessing it, but if "user2" ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We would like to survey our faculty on how they're using Canvas and its tools. Are there any other higher ed institutions out there that have conducted similar surveys that you would be willing to share?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I add teachers or students into the free course in canvas..do students see this or receive notifications? Detail such as students names? Do the teachers in the course see this?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

After many clicks, I reach a link to a possible solution to this question: How do I have marking tools appear on a student's submission? On one student's work they may appear. On the next, nada. Once the 'answer' was apparently within reach the reply...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!  A lot of our teachers would love to be able to create folders in the inbox. Since it's not possible to do so in Canvas, does anyone know about any add-ons or applications that can be used with Canvas, to make the inbox better?  //Rebecca 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Parent, How do I email a specific teacher regarding my child's progress?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just qualified as a Counsellor completing my Diploma of Counselling, can you advise if Australis college actually receives discounts in joining memberships for the following and what am I entitled to with Australis college? ACA membership PACF...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the point of teachers being able to annotate student submissions when they can't even view them on a desktop browser?? In fact, they can't view ANY of their past assignment submissions on a desktop browser. Only on a mobile device. What sort ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Can anyone tell me how to set up a Canvas course in which some students are taking the course for 2 credits and some are taking it for 4 credits, whereby the 4 credit students have more assignments to complete than the 2 credit students? For instance...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to engineer it so that a student cannot submit an assignment before another one is completed WITHOUT making them complete assignments in sequential order and WITHOUT hiding subsequent modules from them? I want my students to have to su...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When I copy a module to another course, quizzes, assignments and discussions do not copy over. I have to insert links again. What do I do wrong?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When are new quiz reports regenerated if you regrade a question or make other adjustments to individual student grades for the quiz?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cannot find help for this, so PLEASE, help!  I created a quiz using "New Quizez" and chose a matching section.  I only see the option to set points for the entire section.  I want each to be worth 2 points so Ss get partial credit.  How in the worl...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do I need to be using a "New Quiz" to take advantage of this feature?  A lot of the time, an Instructional Designer builds the quizzes and I have to live with what they give me, therefore, is there a way with the old quizzes to see which questions we...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In our school, new students are automatically added to courses by the admin. However, since students sometimes enrol right before or after the official start of the course (not to mention with similar sounding names), it can be difficult for teachers...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've done some pages to try to explore the idea of replacing slides, video, captions, and transcripts with wiki page. For example, see: https://canvas.kth.se/courses/11/modules/58345 Presenting data (as a Wiki) - this module has the text transcript ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Since updating to ios15 for iphone the quiz and test views do not scroll. They did with the previous most up-to-date version of the ios operating system

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there somewhere to download the discrimination index? If not, why not?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HI, I'd like to know the number of aggregate participations for a given week (ours runs Wed-Tues) for each of our 35 students. Does anyone know if this report creation is possible? Thanks, Vanessa

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been copying my rubrics in Canvas by using the import content feature in Settings. It worked great at first, but now I've run into some problems. I work at an IB school, so my criteria for any given assignment is always a variation of the same...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies