Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a sandbox course that allows teachers to take the course in order to evaluate it. The course has assignments with 'Display Grade as' set to either Complete/Incomplete or Percentage. One school does not want to provide email addresses due to pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anyone encountering recently that Canvas won't render all of the  buttons in Chrome, specifically on the Settings page? I can not change the Participation options from Term to Course because the  drop-down is not visible, but I can see it in Firef...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to link from one course to another.  We currently have a MYZONE module for students. It contains a page with a digital timetable where they click on a link and it takes them straight to their lesson.  The subjects are arranged in modules BUT s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For this assignment students had to create an FAQ document as part of a PR kit. The instructor provided comments inside of Canvas in a numbered format. I understand not having a full rich editor but at least offer some things like numbering and/or ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, We have an instructor who is accessing his classes from last year and editing them for this year. Somehow during this process, some documents are automatically duplicating themselves in Google. The documents have the same exact name (ex. does ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can announcements, or any due dates, be sent to students by way of text messaging?  I have students asking for that feature. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have assigned 20% to class participation. I am trying to enter the class participation grades into Canvas (Gradbook) but am not allowed to enter values   Any guidance?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to be able to grade students' peer reviews, but find right now only one way: To create one assignment for the paper to be handed in. And then a second assignment for the peer-review. This is ok, but I do not find any convenient way to show the...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

So I have been logged into Canvas just fine and I know my email and username and password... It's finals week and Canvas is just straight up refusing to:- Allow me to sign in whatsoever.- Reset password so I can access my own classes and complete ass...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to build a table for students to fill in using variables. I need the variable entry box to be larger though:     ie - the item box needs to be the same size as the table box containing it. I have attempted some html mods - but they h...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

LIANG Yanting (219203968), on the other hand, can log in to canvas but does not have 135 and 127 modules in her canvas. That means she won’t be able to submit her assignment before deadline. She has contacted Karen who are on HK campus and Mohan who...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two sections of the same course that are for different students, with different TAs and have different class schedules.   I am not sure whether I should combine the two sections into one course space inside Canvas.  Are there reasons that mult...

• 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi everyone, It is quite urgnet. Students are taking a timed exam tomorrow. it is 2 hours + 1 hour to upload and download.  Can students say use 2 and a half hours to do the exam and submit in the last 30 minutes? thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In modules I drop a link. But when I click the response was docs.google.com refused to connect. And the link logo was'nt grey. That was black. Please help.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I originally set a late policy of 5% per day with a floor at 50%.  I decided that I wanted to remove that policy.  When I go to change it, I do get the warning message: Changing the late policy will affect previously graded submissions. After uncheck...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone been reading about the recent drought in East Africa and its effect on the wildlife there?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After login it is getting that  Method not allowed

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How would I get to the alter page in Easy Grader to offer remarks on understudy papers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once my course is concluded and my students and I are put into read only mode, will I lose access to viewing student submissions?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The free for teacher account is blocking the student account. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have used Badgr several times but we are now having a 500 Error getting data.  It says it is unable to connect to our server.  We are able to pull up the progress report for those that received badges before the error but any after this time are n...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When using 'outcomes', you have to choose how Canvas will calculate the overall scoring of every outcome. You can now choose between several options (see screenshot in Dutch), one of which is the 'decaying average'. Not an option is a normal 'average...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having a hard time looking at my computer screen and would like to print all of my student's submissions at once, rather than file by file from the download.  The fact that I am unable to print from within the Canvas grading area seems like a re...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I need an api url that returns a student email when I put in their canvas userid e.g. 28124

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am trying to change the course name. I tried to go into 'Settings' and to Course Details. But, there is no option for me to change the course name.  The course title is "Fall 2021 ISS Orientation Program" but, it should be changed to "Winter...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We ran into an interesting situation today. An ELA teacher created some standard rubrics to use with students. It had two writing outcomes attached that push results to the Learning Mastery Gradebook, as expected. She then duplicated that rubric for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For fill in the blank quiz questions, is there a character max for the answers?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teaching a mostly skills class using Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, and Premiere Pro) on a MacBook Pro. Only when I am presenting my screen - when I go to the menu bar at the top of the screen I can see the program m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are a lot of questions in the Forum about standards based grading in Canvas.  My question is:  Is there anyone that has come up with a creative way to use the traditional gradebook and the mastery gradebook together to assess and track standard...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Creating a new Header in a Module is helpful, but to limit the information (which can get quite lengthy in a module) students can/need to see, I would like to be able to "unpublish" the Header, which then would unpublish any created content under it....

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies