Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have submitted a Password Reset request three times over the course of four hours, and still have not received an email to reset my password. This is rather frustrating as there seems to be no way to directly contact any real customer service for h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Lately the updates made to Canvas haven't been great. If I am regrading an assignment I want to see all previous comments - I don't want to have to click on the previous version to see older comments. Having each item in To Do open in a new tab is bi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

so stress is something we all deal with specially us in high school there is three things we deal with stress and they are when u have to study for  big exam and having to much home work and having a lot of missing assignments

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I anticipate needing to keep a course more than 500 days and the export is limited to 30 days.  Please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i get to use canvas more 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our course design relies on having audio links available as text links for for download. It doesn't seem like this is possible anymore with the RCE enhancements unless we pull code from the previous version.  Are the also display options for audio?  ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  I wanted to see if BBB is going to be built out to have more options?  My faculty would like to be able to schedule their times, lock the ability for students to join without a faculty member present, break out rooms, and hold the recordings ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Are assignment comments made in speed grader withheld until scores are posted or are the submitted assignment comments sent while scores are still withheld?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an instructor who would like to point students to a help file that answers: "How do I view instructor comments on individual quiz questions?" Editing this page seems logical to me: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-view-qu...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We had a vendor ask us to enable Canvas Data Services for them, for a specific event. Even though the vendor's third-party tool would only be used in a limited number of courses, it looks like this in fact sends this specific event in *all* our cours...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying the new quizzes, but I made a mistake that I am hoping someone can help me with. I (rather stupidly) made a multiple-choice quiz with the question type as "multiple answer" instead of "multiple choice". I honestly thought they remained mu...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have our classes crosslinked in Canvas.  We have been grading in our Canvas gradebook.  Then, we sync to focus. It's only syncing some of the sections/classes.  For instance, I have 4 sections of Career Exploration.  Three of the four sections syn...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! I've installed both the Teacher and Student app on my Android phone. I see that the Student app has a menu setting where you can enable push notifications. However, the Teacher app has no such setting. How can I make sure that I get push notifica...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does your SIS integration process students who drop classes? We are in the process of moving from Bb to Canvas and are using ILP. We have it set that students who drop before the class begins are removed entirely from the course. Students who dro...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,   We are trying to make the starting of meeting in our Zoom Rooms as simple as possible for our instructors.   They schedule their class Zoom sessions in their Canvas courses using the Zoom LTI tool. When they teach in a room equipped with Zoom R...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For some students instead of their button saying "Begin" it says "Resume", even though they have never taken it before. When they hit "resume", nothing happens.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are noticing a behavior that, when adding enrollments to a course that is not synced with our Student Information System (say, a faculty development or cohort-specific internship class), we are unable to use the participant email address. Only the...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 12 Replies

My students have a bunch of very short assignments due today, so my To Do list on my homepage has a lot of items. every time I click on an item to grade it, it opens in a new tab. If I close the tab when I am done grading the item I go back to the Ho...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-16-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way for Canvas to show the correct answer for fill in the blank questions set with regular expression match?  I had assumed that when I set my quiz settings for students to see the correct answers upon completing the assignment, that they ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I'm a new student who just enrolled for and English class this fall and I was wondering where I can find when my class will be published and available to participate in. Can anyone help me? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way you can update the teacher notifications to allow reposts for discussion boards to come in on our dashboards? When a student goes back in and edits (either an original post or a reply) after I have already graded it I am not notified...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I create a Final Column the calculations are not shown in the gradebook,  and the default Total column shows always 0%. Calculated and weighted columns are visible, but not the Final ones.  Someone know what is happening?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everybody, For my purposes, the distinction into absent, tardy and present is not flexible enough. I want to give half points for half attendance etc. How can I do this? Thanks in advance! Tom

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, I am trying to post a section via API as below ; api/v1/courses/sis_course_id:ABCY12021/sections?course_section[name]=1BA&course_section[sis_section_id]=ABCY120211BA&enable_sis_reactivation=true I have set enable_sis_activation to be true  So, I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When an animation occurs at the top of the page after I make a Canvas Submission, namely a confetti shower, the Next button disappears. Nobody seems to know why; this is in updated Windows 10 OS using both Chrome and Firefox browsers (updated), and Z...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all, I have a group assignment in one of my courses. I use subgroups in canvas to communicate with these smaller groups/ Normally, the subgroup has on their group homepage the file tab and then a submission folder (not accessible, locked sign)....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to create groups for students in a course regardless of their section/instructor? It would not be attached to an assignment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I am instructional support for a teacher who loves to grade writing with rubrics on a 0-4 scale. She also gives quick check quizzes during which questions might only count one point, especially if there are only 3 questions. When she uses speedg...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor in canvas. I have read the guide about downloading student submissions for an assignment, however it doesn't help.  When I sign into Canvas, I go to Assignments, I click the name of the Assignment, and I can edit the description an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Problem with Text Entry Submission   

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies