Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello- I am trying to add two people to a class in our instance. These students were added to another course via a join code and they are in that class. When I try to email them a course invite (no join code) to another course, I am getting a notific...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I verified in the Course Notifications Settings section that I have it set as usual to receive emails indicating that my Announcement was posted, but I am not receiving email notifications this semester ? (all previous semesters I have received such ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can we get a Speedgrader button immediately available when an instructor pulls up a Discussion?  It's not intuitive to click the mystery 3 dots at the top right and then scroll down.  I would guess instructors go into the discussion 90% of the time f...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We would like your engineers to consider adding a feature to schedule due dates for Canvas pages. We would like Canvas to have the capability to differentiate due dates by user, rather than just one universal date. Our institution serves thousands of...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students submit PDF files for their work, some times the resolution is large and I can't zoom out enough to easily see the page. Can you please allow the canvas speed grader allow me to zoom out more to easily read documents with high resoluti...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am not able to add an external URL to my quiz using the feature in the middle of that page. Does anyone know how to access this because I am afraid if I just put it in as a link, then they exit canvas and the lockdown browser. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello The instructor requested students to submit pdf or .doc assignments. The assignments instruct students to follow APA formatting. They get scores deducted if they do not.The instructor sees some inconsistency in the APA format, with a fraction o...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a difference between concluding a course and unpublishing a course?   I want to unpublish a course from last year. The option to unpublish is not visible. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher. I have created my classes, but my students cannot see them because they haven't been added. I need help doing that. Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could you please send me the unique 9-digit UNLV Institution ID? I need it to install the LockDown Browser in my Mac Desktop Computer and in my MacBook Air Computers.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I'm setting up courses for online learning. We don't have set term dates so I'm not sure how to set course durations without putting in actual dates. Basically, we want students to only have access to the online course for 6 months from the dat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have had a couple of students do 2 terms worth of Qlearn including doing assessment quiz etc. However, the students have changed lines and be added into another class. all their quiz data has gone, and it looks like they have not finished the previ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, there seems to be an issue with the Canvas site for my university. Whenever any documents are uploaded for assignments the document properties automatically reset and say the document was created just as it is uploaded. This has resulted in a ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I filled out the participation in classes form, to secure my financial aid before September 12th deadline which is 21 days after the start of classes. Financial Aid sent me an email saying all my classes are verified attendance except ECN221. I don't...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Community,I work with a team that manages several units in Canvas. These units share common pages, and when changes are made to the content, we have been manually editing each one individually. I want to streamline this by using Commons to upload ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,So was trying to find out how to run an originality test on my report, on this website according to the instructions but I couldn't find the correct buttons to do so. So can you/whoever is reading this email help me? sincerely,A canvas user

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my calendar it is populated with every assignment - I do not know why, nor do I know how to get rid of them except by deleting everything which I do not want to do because then I also delete the assignment, as per what I have already done!I made s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In AWS restart program I was performing lab and as per lab instructions the lab has to be end using the end lab button. I performed the lab and clicked the "end lab" button and then I clicked the submit button and it said the lab needs to be started ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my Canvas assignment, is there a way I can export an embedded Google Slides presentation into my Google Drive? I did not create the original Slides and I'd like to add them to my Google account without having to recreate them. When I click on the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. This is a two part question. (1) Is there a way to be in the View as Student mode and access the content for a group? It doesn't seem to automatically happen, and I don't see a way to add the test student to a group. (What I want to check is how ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last academic year (2023-2024), I used to be able to delay announcements and when these future dates arrived and the announcements were finally posted in canvas, then students will get an email notification on that day as well. This is no longer happ...

• 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Have anyone tried enrolling into class year 2024/2025?I’ve attempted but not successful , anyone has got similar problem?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,We are just starting out with Canvas, transitioning from Blackboard over the next year. I have a series of Articulate Rise modules that I have uploaded to the Canvas files area. I have set them so that they are only accessible to students with the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why can't i download reading resources from my students courses? When I try and enter my email and password for canvas it says my password is incorrect.  Does the observer login not allow for down loading? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why this year my kids don't see their grades on Canvas? It tells me it has been disabled for them. How can I fix that? I have the grade button, but they don’t.  I have looked in settings and all over Canvas and I cannot find the option to able it aga...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Community,I hope you're doing well.I'm Alaa NIZAR, Canvas Admin at UM6P university.We are experiencing a strange issue with the Calendar tool.I've created a course and enrolled both students and teachers. However the Course is not checked by de...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

im a student and my teacher has posted practice tracks for a honor choir im in and whenever i open the page the videos do not load and only displays "Your media has been uploaded and will appear here after processing." and sometimes if i let it load ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Short version: I would like to generate a lot of fake students and quiz data in a free demo shell to do testing on my API scripts. Motivation: I've been using the Canvas API to set up faster grading tools for free response questions on Classic Quizze...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm completely new to Canvas and using it for a homeschool biology course I am teaching.  My first assignment was a WebQuest with a worksheet that students had to fill out.  When work was submitted, if the student got <70% accurate, I annotated their...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I was surprised when I went to link a question bank I'd created a few semesters back to a new quiz in a new course to find that the "pencil" icon that gives me access to editing the questions in the bank was absent and so the questions weren't editab...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies