Add new functionality for long-term data management
Institutions do not have a systematic way to manage old/stale data; certain objects they'd like to have deleted after some period of time so that it doesn't clutter their interface.
What value could this provide to users?
- Admins can provide a data retention policy for various Canvas objects (ex: users/courses/files)
- Objects that "expire" can be automatically deleted from the Canvas database
- Admins have a grace period and UI to review objects that Canvas has slated for future deletion
- A user that is slated for deletion can see that their user will be deleted; admins can customize the message that the user sees so that the user can notify them if it seems to be a mistake
- A course that is slated for deletion will show a prominent message stating that it will be deleted on XYZ data; admins can customize this message for the call to action in case someone thinks the course shouldn't be deleted
Commenting on Themes is available when Themes are Open for Voting or Prioritized.