Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

HelloI recently noticed that the buttons to my modules that I created work great on my laptop, desktop and even on my phone (if I log into Canvas directly) but not on the Canvas Student App.I tried clearing the cache and data on the app, uninstalling...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Author posted an activity in the form of a slide show and self-check questions.  The answer to one of the questions is incorrect and now the wrong answer is being reinforced to my students. How can I contact the author to correct it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way that instructors can set up manual groups in such a way that the groups are invisible to the students in them, or otherwise manually create subsets of students within the gradebook? I am looking for a way to more easily monitor in my g...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the New Quizzes tool I am not seeing a way to set a Fill-In-the-Blank question to be case-insensitive. I see that as an option if  I use the 'Close Enough' option based on the Levenshtein Distance but it does not allow me to set the Levenshtein to...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use google chrome, and for some reason when I am watching a recorded lecture or taking a quiz, my page starts to refresh and I then lose my spot in the lecture. It's frustrating because I have to then again find where I left off in the video. I'm a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a teacher and I'd like to do the next:Assign an assessment to students with multiple attempts, but that in each attempt the student takes, the grade decreases by a certain percentage.Assign an assessment to students with multiple attempts, but th...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can paired observers see submitted work? For example, could this observer see a Google Doc submitted by a student they are paired with?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I submitted an assignment on time, then accidentally submitted it again a day late because i thought it had not submitted. How can i prove the date of the original submission

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have not been able to log in to the trining portal. This is the message I receive, any ideas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the classic quizzes we have a setting that allows students 2 attempts, they can give if their answer is right or wrong after each attempt but the correct answers only show after the second attempt. I have not been able to figure out how to replica...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to quickly excuse assignments in Canvas for multiple students at a time.  For example, in 1st grade this week I have one remote class and 3 in person classes.  The remote kids needed to do the assignment (I have them created as a group b...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As teachers, we can view each of our students' submissions (past and present) with our annotations and feedback.  However, it appears to me that students are only allowed to see their most recent submission.  That is, they seem to be unable to see th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need either a thorough and in-depth tutorial on what is possible to do with rubrics in Canvas, or a work around.  If you could recommend a power-user/deep dive tutorial, I would appreciate that.  Rubrics are supposed to communicate clearly, and I h...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I could not find this particular error. Some students are experiencing errors when trying to submit an assignment using the Google Cloud LTI. Here is a screenshot: Any ideas what is causing this and/...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

So yesterday I couldn't figure out how to delete a few assignments out of my grade book. I removed the due date, said not for grading, etc., etc. Nothing would work, so eventually I just went to my assignments tab, changed the focus to Quarter 2 and ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have a summer institute that enrolls its attendees in, on average, about 10 Canvas courses to be completed over three weeks. The institute has about 40 courses in total, so not all attendees take the same 10 courses. The organizers add students ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I created a group but I am not able to respond to posts nor enter the group.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey there. I´m slightly freaking out. And I do not know how this will convey in writing. This morning, while setting up MP2 in Canvas, I set up an All Tasks category because there was not one visible. When I added an assignment in MP2, I then saw the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had a question about grade rounding.  Does canvas round an 89.5 to an A- or does it stick to a B+?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems the easiest way to add student groups to a shared Google Doc is with Collaborations. The instructor wants the doc to be a graded assignment. Can students upload the Collaboration doc in a group assignment set for file upload? Do both the tea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There I develop an application that uses Canvas' REST APIs to get information on Courses, Users, Enrollments, etc. Generally, I've been developing my application with a Developer Key which doesn't enforce any scopes. I wanted to make sure that my ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So I made a boo-boo. I was intending to import a few modules from a different class, but I accidentally imported the whole class. So there were some assignments that imported that I do not want to have in this class. Unfortunately, I cannot undo the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a second column for an adjusted midterm score but am not certain how to ensure how to code the midterm column with the full scores so that they don't count in the gradebook. I want their adjusted score to register and not both their midterm...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using New quizzes in my classroom. I am very familiar with classic quizzes and their features. Such as the feature to extend a students test time WHILE they are take a test. This is when you will click on moderate, then click on the clock...

• 5 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I like using free draw annotations in Speedgrader to mark up problems when grading work in physics.  For the first few annotations I make, the annotations respond very quickly to my stylus and I'm able to write naturally.  However, the more I write, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to add an active link in the Notes area of gradebook? I can paste a url, but it's not active. When I click on it, it only opens the notes--I realize you can copy the link and paste it in a new window, but that's clunky.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to see what my course looks like from the point of view of a specific student. Is this possible?  I'd like to do this because there are some items that are only meant for specific students (e.g. a make-up test for students who missed the...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I created, previewed, and took a Canvas quiz with .png content. After completing the quiz and receiving a score, the page reloads over and over again without stopping.  Version 1.16.68 Chromium: 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (x86_64)  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I uploaded a lesson to have students complete as a self-paced assignment.  It prompts the majority of the students to type in a code when they try and join lesson.  When they do that, I don't get a compiled report, I have to go into my Nearpod librar...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When I type in the access code for my quiz, it doesn't allow me to submit the access code and start the quiz. i know the code is right for sure because my teacher told me what it was multiple times, and I typed it in countless dozens of times at a sn...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies