Canvas Admin Discussions

Canvas Admin questions and discussion forum

Is there any work being done to allow group assignments for an external tool?  We are using LinkedIn Learning to supplement lessons, and students are self enrolled to groups based on their choice in an video editing platform.  I would like each group...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I need to import a canvas course export package with the extension .imscc to my course. I received this package by Dropbox, I downloaded it to my computer, and then I want to import it to my canvas course but the import fails and I receive the follow...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to link to an internal course page using the Redirect Tool and have that page be embedded (not opened in a new tab). Issue is it's pulling the entire page in, including the navigation menus. Is there any way to just display the meat of the...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Curious if there is a short cut to printing a whole class to put in an accreditation binder for future reference?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,Just found that I every time I create a batch of new students, intermittently the Canvas call will fail to function.Sometimes the problem is solved by running the UserCreation.ps1 script again and it just works sometimes.Has anyone else had th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Rubrics are not populating points at the top for the grades, how do I fix this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a question I think I know the answer to, but I am double checking. Canvas is set to support apps that use the LTI 1.3 standard, right? I don't need to "turn on" anything to make it work. And, it is backward compatible to still support LTI 1.1...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know how to find the student email address to which Canvas sends invites? We just had a problem with a student not receiving their Canvas invite, and we wanted to double-check the email address, Canvas sent it to, but we can't find it.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I have some teachers who have lost a gruop, it is a part of a course, unfortunately they cannot remember the name of the course, because the only use the left side panel to open the group.  My question is, is it possible to search for a group, ins...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was working with a teacher who was having trouble with the grades for an assignment. She wanted to post the grades on the 4-3-2-1-0 scale and had set a Grading Scheme accordingly. The assignment was worth 12 points, and she wanted to enter the poin...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We use an external system (Eduframe) that creates new user accounts in Canvas when users enroll through that system. To mitigate confusion for our existing Canvas users, if they enroll through this system and already have an account, we merge the new...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The update described in the Deploy Notes (2024-19-09) changed how assignments with varying due dates display. Each assignment (not in Edit mode) used to specify which section was assigned to which date/time.  Now it just says "1 Section,"  which mean...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our students have a number of optional units for each degree programme.We therefore need one virtual space where we can share frequently asked questions, discussion forums and handbooks which are relevant to all students on the programme regardless o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can someone please confirm if I can access the mock exam for free and retake the exam (incase I failed) for free?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello team So when we create some sections in a course and we divide the students in them; will the students have visibility on the content of other sections?  Even if the two different sections have the same dates will the members of section A be ab...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to import assessments in aXcelerate from CANVAS, it seems the integration setup is completed successfully but the import is still not working.. I have tested integration setup in aXcelerate and it looks all okay and connection verified su...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has a couple of courses that have suddenly lost the modules.  It's multiple courses over multiple years that no longer have the modules that he has built.  I've tried the undelete option.  I've also checked the course import ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am adding 100 questions to a question bank and am frustrated that there is no add question button after the last qwuestion added like in regular quizes???

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas world,  I was wondering if there is a setting or easy way to copy a course and have that course be published by default?   Currently when I copy a course or import course content it resets the shell to unpublished.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! I've been adding equations to pages using the equation tool. The problem I keep encountering is I can't seem to resize these equations. I can do it when they're just sitting freely on the page, but when I put them inside a table it appears there'...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We tried to use the API's to remove a faculty for a long list of courses. The API returned OK responses and when I go to the People Section of those courses the faculty has been removed, but the courses are still showing up for that faculty like they...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are looking for a method for the instructors of a course to receive a notification (preferably via email) when a student submits a specific quiz in their course. I understand that course submission notifications can be turned on but that is not wh...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I followed some online instructions that mentioned that unmerging courses with graded work is difficult, but didn't check other websites which mention that grades don't transfer. Is there anyway to access the old gradebook to get the grades and trans...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I give guest access to someone in a Canvas course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have imported a course from the Commons into Canvas a few times. But with a couple of the courses the students have issues accessing the Puzzle part of the course and receive the following error:   Has anyone seen this error before or know how to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I joined this site to use it at school. After signing up for, I needed email authentication to set the password for my account. But I didn't get the email. So I couldn't set the password and couldn't go back into my account. When I pressed Find Passw...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone heard if Canvas will implement the ability to schedule messages using the Inbox? I use this feature in my other email programs (Outlook, Gmail) and love it.  

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone, We would like to create a completion PDF certificate in Canvas LMS and wondering whether we need to use any external tools to do that. Could we just create this certificate in HTML/CSS in a Canvas page and add a pdf button to download th...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just discovered a way students can access assignments, quizzes, and discussions that are in modules they do not yet have access to.   I set requirements and prerequisites for all the modules but then had a student turning in assignments that were i...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello teamI am not a student. I was wondering if I create a discussion on a course and then set it as group discussion for a specific group of students, let's call it group A then:Will the rest of the students not in group A be able to see the discus...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies