Canvas Admin Discussions

Canvas Admin questions and discussion forum

I'm currently an Instructor using Canvas for my Literature class.  I have also enrolled in an upcoming course that also uses Canvas. I was sent the invitation to join the course. When I click the link to join, it takes me to my account page that I ha...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I frequently disappointed at having to use the Gradebook through a "letterbox" view on a large monitor.  Many of the list-based screens in Canvas are restricted to a pixel height, which results in a table of only 10 rows (with a scrollbar), when the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I would like to ask how you guys ensure that all learning material on Canvas including pdfs, presentation slides and tutorials are WCAG compliant, is there anyway Canvas can flag if any learning resource on canvas is created but is not WCAG compli...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've added a new admin to my site, yet they are not receiving the invite. How can I resolve this? Can I manually send them the invite to the whole site instead of invites to individual courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like settings for students commenting on announcements has changed. Previously there was a setting where students could not read comments until they first posted a comment. Is this no longer and option?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello all,I am trying to find the feature in Theme Editor to Edit/Upload a custom CSS/JS file.I read I need to contact our Customer Success Manager? We have no idea what this is.Appreciate any advice we can get!

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I am in the IT department and an admin for our school's Canvas account. An instructor informed me that students have been trying to contact instructors by navigating to the teacher's profile via the People list in the class. However, when either a st...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our participants or Students are not receiving email notification when new announcements are posted.  Any suggestions? 

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Context: I run a large scale apprenticeship with hundreds of users. Since i took over, ive essentially been doing what was thought to me.... copy a canvas course and assign people to it whenever i needed a new course. And i run 4 courses 4 times a ye...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is not a question but rather a shout out to Canvas Support for going above and beyond helping one of our faculty. Tlhoriso M at L1 Canvas Support assisted one of our faculty and I got a copy of the interaction and the tech was very detailed and ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have disabled access to Classic Quizzes for our entire school as we want them to use New Quizzes. However, they still have the option to create and edit Question Banks, which are no longer useful because they don't work with New Quizzes. This has ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are having trouble importing a Canvas quiz shared from an different teacher. The import content report under current jobs shows completed, but it isn't showing in a module selected or in Quizzez. However, it only worked if downloaded as a zip file...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone, Normally, our students receive the standard login page to create an account when accepting a course invitation for the first time, where they can choose a password and set their time zone. However, some students receive an error message ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

i want all the assignment submissions to be included in a different subject (because it was an integrated subject set and the assignments are worth marks in both PE and Science).THis is so that I dont have to re-enter th e 180 marks from the PE assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not able to use Microsoft OneDrive integration tools very recently. Staff now get this message:   We've checked the cookie settings and nothing wrong with them. Problems seem to have arisen with the recent update of the Edge browser. Strangely, the ...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello members, We recently moved to Canvas, this is our first term in the new LMS. We use Banner as database and Argos is the reporting tool. Currently, I am importing Banner data through Argos and manually running the daily SIS imports. The csv file...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What do you do about users with Canvas admin rights who want to take a course? Obviously, with admin rights they can't take the course as a regular student would, and they can see things they shouldn't see as a student. I understand that the typical ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our institution is using Pearson Access (MyLab LTI 1.1)  we can set a coordinator course with the Pearson platform to push material to other courses on that platform which then sync to Canvas courses. We also want to use a Canvas blueprint to push ot...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi!I have created a course under Teaching and Learning sub account, but I am unable to enrol users as student.Any feedback is appreciated.Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, Why does it say 'never' for all of my students in regard to Last Student Interaction. There is a current and final score therefore the students have participated... Please see image attached.   Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a Canvas admin and I am allowing my teachers to cross list their courses for the first time.  A teacher asked me if she cross lists her course sections, if students inside the courses can see that.  I would imagine that the students would not se...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When in Calendar, and dragging an item to a new date, if there is as locked date attached or "inaccurate course end date listed" you must leave calendar to go into the Canvas site to address. If would be beneficial if there was a "do you want to also...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Due to August 2024 starting and ending Sunday to Sat, there is no way to drag or move an assignment to the next month. Typically the calendar shows start and end of 3 months - main month, plus end dates of previous month and first of month for next m...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

While in speedgrader, you must go out of it back to the main gradecenter to go and grade an additional assignment. Would be helpful if you could toggle through assignments while in speedgrader. I've attached an image of what I think would work well, ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have successfully set up the sync with Microsoft Teams and Teams Meetings but for some reason, not all the students are being recognised and added to the Team. We have used the Login Attribute as Email (as our students login with that way) We have ...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm researching the costs associated with building course material for asynchronous courses within the Simon Wiesenthal Center's Tools for Tolerance Educator program.  I find "free" on all website information, but is there a threshold when costs beco...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas doesn't allow duplication of a module if it contains classical quizzes or LTI assignments, but our use case is to assign one module to section A  and a duplicated module with different quiz settings to section B. Does anyone know how to do tha...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I am a student who found this extension for Canvas called BetterCanvas, it was interesting to me, although I was wondering if I could get some input from the Admins on how Canvas feels about the usage of this extension since it looks like it c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We've come across a bug where g, %, and < characters do not render properly when you create a PDF from the “Download Submission Comments” option in Speedgrader for Mac users.When you download the PDF and open in Adobe Acrobat Pro, the following error...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an instructor who would like to map her outcome to a group of assignments. Is this possible? For example, 15 assignments that are grouped and weighted under pronunciation. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies