scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Top Two Most Important Feature Ideas/Bugs/Issues for Canvas Admins

91 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

From the list provided, number 1 & 3 would be my top two.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I totally agree!

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Great minds think alike.

Ok, one great mind and one mediocre one, but I got it right this time:smileyblush:

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Don't undersell yourself Kelley... or me... because we're both pretty awesome! :smileylaugh:

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't need to undersell myself, COSTCO and our state legislature did that for me years ago!

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

My preference would be:

#1 -

#4  -

dhulsey
Community Champion

I am with Chris. One and Four.

PSU_Tony
Community Contributor

I would say #1 and #7.

cwerner
Community Participant

Thank you for asking! Smiley Happy  My choices are:  #8 and #10

tsowers
Community Member

Like Catherine, I too would choose 8 & 10.

I agree with Catherine -

#8 and #10

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

ejackson
Community Champion

I agree with you on these two, totally! We need both of those!!

awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Yep, #1 and #3 for me.

mmitchell
Community Contributor

#1 and #10 would be great.

Community Champion

I'm with you Mike... 1 and 10!

;>)

snugent
Community Champion

This is tough! We need them all! :smileyconfused: But if I have to choose the top two that give us the most grief I would have to pick these two.

Inactive enrollment status for withdrawn students (216)

Extend Course for Individual Student (100)

I have to concur, snugent. These two,

Inactive enrollment status for withdrawn students (216)

Extend Course for Individual Student (100)

are the ones that are most troublesome for us, too.

Although I have to admit that 9. Create Global Announcement capability at the Sub-Account level (116) and 3, Advanced Admin Search & Sort (166), do run a close third & fourth! --K'Ailsa

glparker
Community Champion

I vote #1,#2

millerjm
Community Champion

#1 and #2 are my top choices. 

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

#1 (More granular permissions for admins) would be my top pick, but that Idea was Archived. We were told that each permission change needed its own Idea Request. There are now 11 Ideas but none of them have received the 100 votes needed to make it to the next stage. Voting on them is still open until November 4th. The 11 Ideas (and their links) can be found the this Idea: More granular permissions for admins

My second choice would be #2.

jenn_stevens
Community Contributor

I'd go for #3 and #8.

canvas_admin
Community Champion

#8 and #2 (in that order) for me.  I would say #1, but as Susan pointed out it was archived due to being several "different" feature requests (but not really in my opinion). 

#2 and #8 are most important for us, in that order.

adm-zakb
Community Member

5 and 7.  I believe 2 has already been addressed; when I masquerade as a student who has been made inactive in a current course, I have no way to access that current course.

cms_hickss
Community Contributor

I can answer what #2 is really about because you are right, currently the student does not have access to the course. However what that Idea is requesting is that the student be marked "inactive" (instead of deleted or completed) and for a teacher to be able to view "inactive students" in their gradebooks. Due to certain federal financial aid policies a teacher has to be able to report on a student's standing at the time s/he was removed (dropped, withdrew, medical withdrawal, etc) from the course. Currently, the only way to do this is to reactivate the student in the course which gives the student full access to the course.

brendaa
Community Contributor

Right now I would say #6 & #8 as lack of both have added extra work and created headaches.  It's a great list so it's hard to pick just 2.

straussi
Community Champion

#3 and #5, in that order of priority ...

gtaylor
Community Contributor

The way I look at this is which of these can I not solve with some other work around.

So #1 and 3.

I would say 6. but I think Canvas data will help with that.

BROEKERC

Great question.  All are important but my top concerns are items  1. More granular permissions for admins and 2. Inactive enrollment status for withdrawn students.

AA1234
Community Participant

My preferences are 1 and 3 (6 and 8 were hard to leave out of my choices)

bacherts
Community Contributor

#2 and #8 for me.

emiller2020
Community Member

#1 & #2
...Although once we have another year w/ Canvas under our belt I think I would change that to #1 & #3.

stephensda
Community Participant

#1 and #3...by far.

tdelillo
Community Champion

I'd say #1, and if I'm picking two, I'll say #1 again. Our custom roles especially have either too much or too little power, because of the lack of granularity. Most of the time the result is that I have to deny a permission, and then do it (whatever "it" is) myself.

e0453007
Community Member

1 for me and 2 for our faculty.

RobDitto
Community Champion

Five UPenn admins met today and agreed that #1 and #3 are most important to us.

jsmith
Community Member

#1 and #2 are my top 2.  Having these two improvements would make a noticeable impact on my workload!

Eric_Roussel

#1 and #9 would be our priority