Canvas Ideas

Ideas are submissions from Community users. Instructure reviews these ideas weekly. Relevant ideas are mapped to themes. Community users vote on themes biannually to help prioritize themes.

To participate in Ideas and Themes, please sign in to the Community.

Note: You must be logged in and have at least the Community Member rank to submit a new idea. Any Community user can comment and vote on active Themes. Learn more about how to rank up in the Community.

Filter Idea Conversations:

81 Ideas in: Completed

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Problem statement: I use mostly LTI Tools when creating Canvas Assignments for my 6th-8th Grade students. When an assignment is created using an ...

Community Explorer Canvas Ideas
  • 8 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Problem statement: When searching for a subject or person, having a space character at the start of the field for a single-word search causes the...

Community Participant Canvas Ideas
  • 4 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS Problem statement: In New Quizzes Reports there are numerous metrics that require knowledge of statistical analysis. Metrics such as RPB (Poin...

• 5 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Credentials & Badges   Problem statement: When setting up a badge in Badgr, I was offered the choice to aware the badge manually myself or to have...

Community Member Canvas Ideas
  • 3 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS Problem statement: It is difficult to track exactly how many students received a certain grade on a Quiz, as it only shows the X-axis in the Q...

• 4 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Credentials Problem statement: When sharing a badge to LinkedIn, a learner needs to select the Issuing Organization. If they fail to do so, the de...

• 7 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Problem statement: Many of our students with IEPs have the right to retake a test or quiz, but only the questions they had incorrect the first ti...

• 13 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I had been relying on the "view all aligned items and artifacts within an outcome" function in the old interface to see which assignments were al...

• 7 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Preface: Canvas support asked me to post a feature request as this is was deemed not a bug, but how it should work. This is in spite of what is s...

• 21 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Studio When trying to "move" a Studio video into a collection, there is no way to sort or search the list that comes up. The list contains every c...

Community Coach Canvas Ideas
  • 13 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Reviving this suggestion!  Students with hearing impairments and require recorded lectures to have 'closed captions' enabled would benefit from b...

• 11 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Catalog Hi, Currently, in Canvas Catalog in the subcatalog admin area, there is a random process for how these admins are added and they are not b...

Community Coach Canvas Ideas
  • 21 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I currently have 507 courses listed under Course Media in the Canvas Navigation. These appear to be sorted from the oldest to newest course which...

Community Champion Canvas Ideas
  • 5 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Add a flag to the SIS Imports API to control the default status used for missing Users in a diffing feed.  This would be something similar to the...

• 6 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas LMS It would be great if Canvas had a substitute portal similar to what PowerSchool provides for substitutes (link). The portal would allow a subs...

• 9 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas We really like the new 'Filter' option in the gradebook, but the 'submissions' filter is a bit limiting. It would be much better if it also filte...

• 2 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Our organisation has been using Canvas for our LMS and Canvas Catalog for Course Listings. Our LMS is only accessible to our students and staff. ...

Community Contributor Canvas Ideas
  • 16 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Mobile When logging into the Student App for Canvas, I noticed that the Studio videos I embedded in my course were a link and not an interactive v...

• 7 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Can Canvas add an informational or warning pop-up when clicking "Save" for a new announcement in an unpublished course notifying the creator that...

• 8 Replies

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Hi Canvas Community! We'd like to share this request for improvement with you. If you have the same need, please feel free to comment. We'd love ...

• 9 Replies