Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello, We are editing our Theme in Canvas and noticed an issue with our color scheme and the features that are tied together in the theme editor. Our university's color scheme includes blue and yellow. We set our primary button color to be our specif...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Good afternoon,  I am working with a faculty member on trying to create an assignment that she said was easily doable in Bbl when we had that as our LMS last year. This group project involves groups of 3 students (she has 32 students total) producing...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I often use the external tool option in my assignments, so students have their own document, chart, slide etc..to type on.  However, I have 13 students who are unable to use the external tool feature.  When they click on the blue letters to access th...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why is speed grader all messed up?  My classes are in reverse alphabetical order.  It drives me crazy.  I need my canvas grade book and speed grader to be set up the correct way.  

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a teacher who has assignments with greyed columns. When you click to add in grades , you can't put in anything. If we click the arrow and go to speedgraded, I can enter a grade. I checked the due dates and the module is published.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a teacher whose course is published, but the parents cannot see the content in the canvas parent app. Any suggestions? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

To all So I'm a newly minted admin.....still learning.  There's a person here who knows more than I but apparently not enough.  She "Moved" all the courses to this new school year and that part looks good.  The issue is none of the student accounts a...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hey all-Looking for some help for myself and other teachers in my building. When creating assignments in Canvas last year, the boxes to enter dates, calendars, etc. were just at the bottom of the edit assignment page. This year, we now have to click ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello @chriscas Please help in resolving the issue of email not being sent to users after uploading through CSV in canvas. Any solution would be greatly appreciated. Also I have attached  the screenshot for  your reference.Thank you in advance.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I hope you can provide a solution to this problem.I am adding new questions to a new Question Bank (classic) but it only saves a single question!It retains the last question I have saved to the Question Bank.It is extremely frustrating to lose tim...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to disable the "Record an audio or video comment" option in Compose Message?     We have already checked 'Disable uploads to Canvas Media from the enhanced rich content editor'. Thanks,BJ

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

There used to be an option in Canvas to add a rubric from another course. It would allow you to scroll through a list of rubrics and select one. Is that option gone now? Is the only option now to import existing content from another course? 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Previously in speedgrader I was able to have students resubmit assignments and quizzes.  That option has dissapeared.  Any suggestions on how to have the students resubmit.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have various sections for one course. I want to combine all these sections when taking attendance instead of selecting each section for attendance. How can I do this?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in my teacher dashboard and there is no to-do list showing up on the side. I've tried to search settings and I can't see any option to "turn it on" per say. I've tried different sizing of my browser to see if it's just hidden because the window ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas dashboard was recently reformatted to only be 2 classes across instead of 3. I tried to clear my cache, refresh Canvas, etc. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to code a link in a course blueprint that automatically links to the Canvas Inbox of whoever is assigned as the instructor of the course when the course is published and populated? I'm not looking for how an instructor can create a lin...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My gradebook will not load on traditional. The wheel just keeps spinning. I only have three or four assignments posted, and it used to load really quickly under those circumstances. What do I do??

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would really like to hear your personal experience with the Canvas inbox in regards to two points. The first being how it is mostly used between parents, students and teachers. Who uses it the most and for what purposes? Secondly,  in your district...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I might be asking too much of the system here but....here it goes. I want to make a page that links to the assignments due for a student that week. But I am also using learning mastery and prerequisites/requirements, so not all students will have the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just set up the new Google Meet LTI 1.3 in my Canvas instance.  It was a very easy and straightforward configuration.  I spent some time as a teacher using it to create a course as well as a student seeing the created meeting.  However, upon checki...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As an institutional Canvas admin, a common complaint teachers who teach courses synced with Blueprints is that the see unexpected shifts in the order of items in modules. Are there best practices which would minimize this problem? The blueprint syste...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

If I build a quiz with question groups that pull from a quiz bank, can I continue to add questions to the bank and have them get pulled into the quiz via the question groups AFTER I've finished building the quiz? Or, do I need to have all the questio...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

New to Canvas Admin and I think I messed something up.  All of my teachers and students have open access to classes from several years past.  I thought I had archived the classes, but I'm not sure if that worked.  How do I clean up the list of classe...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students took an exam that I assigned them but I had to assign it to 1 student and instead of adding that 1 student in the assigned to link I accidentally assigned it to everyone (but closed it immediately). The previous gradebook I have has records ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone has a sample of a csv file to upload Students Learning Outcomes in Canvas via an API call?How should I fill the csv for new outcomes to link them to the appropriate courses.We were able to link and see them to a outcome group, but it does...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Where are the video recordings stored if they are recorded via the speedgrader? Does this count towards total course storage?Thank you, Ana

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My school recently set a grading scheme at the Account level. It uses percentages. For faculty who use points that divide evenly like 1000, there's no problem. Canvas' grading scheme doesn't work well when entering a points grading scheme for faculty...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally published the wrong assignment in my AP Bio class; however, 1 student actually submitted something for it. (I caught my mistake before the rest did.) Canvas will not let me unpublish it because that 1 student submitted something. Do I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Our students are required to complete a lesson that uses a SCORM gradebook pass back. The lesson must be completed before the quiz unlocks. Up until last week, this took under a minute. Recently, however, we have had many students complain that their...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies