Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm organizing both my modules and my library reserve reading list by weekly sessions. I want to match the reading assignments of each week from the library reserve to the weekly modules. How can I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-07-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our log in ID for student accounts is FirstName.LastName, not email address. But the log in screen specifically says EMAIL where they need to enter their user name.  This creates a LOT of confusion. How can I change the wording on the log in screen t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-01-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I turn off the option for students to create an announcement or discussion in groups?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach and am a senior admin for DL at my university. Is there any way to run (or automate attendance reports) for larger sets of data?  Specifically, I would like to be able to run attendance reports at the departmental level (i.e all BUS courses),...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My institution provided outcomes are all set to assess based on highest score and I want to use decaying average. I created outcomes at the course level using decaying average, but when I try to align an individual item with my outcome, it only allow...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 06-05-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have my course calendar saved on desktop. How do I get it "linked" or uploaded under "Start Here" of Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been receiving an error message when trying to add a team member to an unpublished course. They were previously assigned as a student to two other courses with no issue, but no matter what I try to add them as (Student, Observer, Teacher), I k...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I have recently tried to add alumni of the course to this year's addition of the course and in both cases the person never received the email inviting them (back) to the course. All the new people I have added are receiving the email invite jus...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The term is still open, the class has no "available until" or due date but the teacher cannot enter grades. I am an admin and can enter grades. Any ideas as to why they cannot?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have graders for some of our classes and we would like to keep their names anonymous. How can this be done when using a rubric?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

All modules for Week 5 are locked for me! And it says underneath week 5 that they will unlock May 29…it is about to be June 1st and they are all still locked meaning I am not able to access them. Anyone know why and could possibly help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An internal error occurred when I was adding new people/user. I have deleted many users, but it's still not working. I've also tried to add different new users with different email address, still no luck. I'd apprciate any advice regarding this matte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am adding a new person into our LMS, if I enter a SIS ID, the ability to 'change password' is removed from their own account settings, how do I get this added back, so they have the own ability to change this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello I was taking a test and mid test my teacher calls me out for leaving my screen. Later that day she emails me that "You got a zero on the test. You left the Canvas page during the test to google answers. I have screenshots of your computer scree...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see file storage per course is 500 MB/course for the Free account and 50 MB/user. Are discussion posts within each course limited as well for the Free for Teachers version? We are planning on trying the free version for a group of 83 students.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-31-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am the administrator for the course evaluations at TMCC. We use Watermark Insights Course Evaluations & Surveys. Our instructors are able to view their course evals in Canvas. However, I've had several instructors who cannot see the link to view th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't find a way to export them, only old quizzes or exporting the entire course as an ismcc file. I did a little research and saw some posts from around 2020 that people were saying its impossible, only old quizzes, has anything changed in the las...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to input information into my class. I click on the assignment link and it does not allow me to input or import information.  When I am in the module, I can drop a file in it, but then I can't see the file. Please advise!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,Does anyone know where I can locate a data point (or report) for "last date of attendance" as reflected by last submission (assignment, discussion, assessment, quiz) to Canvas, per student, per course enrollment?For context, I'm looking for the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The sync button is not available to me under "Actions" as the step by step guide suggests. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Canvas should allow teachers to pick their preferred base font for each class. Teachers are able to change the font, but, at it is right now, it's inconvenient. Every time I make an assignment I have to pick the font I want instead of it being alread...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting the message "Please use a valid LTI launch URL." when trying to look at New Analytics on a concluded course. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Instructure team,We are moving away from the Canvas LMS at the end of June, but are hoping to export user data from the nearly 200+ courses we've run since 2017.  For example, each course has 20 assignments and anywhere from 30 to 100 students....

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas support team,I am looking at my student portal and I have many classes that are deleted from my student portal. The funny thing is that these classes are not showing on my transcript either. The classes the police/troopers and canvas employ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have assignments showing to be graded on my To Do list, when I click on the assignment it takes me to Speed Grader and shows me a student without a submission. In fact there are no ungraded assignments.  These assignments have no due dates. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have students who have not yet accepted the course.  I have repetedly sent the invitation, but I've gotten a pop-up that says invitations can't be sent without refreshing the course.  The problem is that I no longer have a refresh button.  Students...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Situation:  New user and I'm teaching an online, asynchronous class.  Students can log in whenever to do their work.I'm planning to give a quiz, but I am concerned about students' wandering eyes when they don't know the answer to a question and try t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I tried to add a new student to a course, but they keep reporting that they haven't received the invite email. I eventually gave up and tried inviting them via a different email address, which went through. I wonder if the original email bounced beca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We want to report and view mastery/ outcomes/ standards at account and sub-account level. However, when we view a given student, we (and we believe they) see ALL outcomes at above Canvas course level even if they are not connected to those standards ...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I can't open files that is posted on canvas. This is both pdfs and docx documents. It works on my phone and other computers, just not my personal computer. When I try to open the file, it opens, but it's blank.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies