Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I have a student who is enrolled in the class (shows on "People" page & section).   This student shows as a row in the Canvas gradebook...but is NOT displayed as an option in SpeedGrader.  This assignment is assigned to "Everyone". When the teacher a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My course has imported materials from another instructor in my PLC. When she makes quizzes and shares them with me, most of the images do not transfer for me or my students. As a solution, she's just been sharing the images with me via email for me t...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Why when creating appointment groups does it not display on all calendars?  I have created office hour slots and selected all my course calendars, but it only displays on one calendar.  My students in the other classes can't see that I offer appointm...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I had my Your Say submission done- wen to edit it when I got to school this morning (now on a Chromebook and it's GONE!   I had looked at it at home 30 minutes prior on my Mac book at home.     WHERE CAN I RECOVER THAT 300+ WORD SUBMISSION??????There...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I would like to be able to craft a URL to put in a course (could be a separate page if needed, but would rather not) so that I can redirect a student to an external site. I want the link to provide user and course id, such as https://www.example.com/...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been using Canvas for several years now and have always been frustrated that it doesn't have simple functionalities like search feature on files or pages. When we are trying to attach a file to a module page or looking for a page in "ALL pages...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to embed an marquee animation in a Canvas LMS page? 

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to split the Student Name column so it shows the Last Name in Column "A" and First Name in Column "B"?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to post a discussion for my assignment. It's supposed to find a button 'add discussion" but I couldn't find it.. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've tried getting help from our campus and district Ed Tech and campus admin, but I still don't have any of my classes showing up in Canvas. I can manually create a class, but I can't get it to link to Focus and show my classes and students. Can any...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot access a module of mine that i am supposed to have been moving to now that it is the second semester, the course is CIVN3030A 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The prompt and answer choices are the same for all 12 questions.  I would like to duplicate the quiz questions so I don't have to type everything 12 times.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good evening! I had a faculty member approach me with a very interesting question that I can't seem to solve at the moment. He created a bibliography in html with a huge amount of links. These links are supposed to direct readers to pdf files. Our ca...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi! I have just published a course to Canvas which includes instructional materials and new quizzes based on formatting. When my colleague and I imported the materials from Commons to our own Fall courses as a test run before sending the information ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I go into the gradebook, some grades for some students have little colored flags next to them. Do I need to pay attention to those?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can I locate courses that are already completed? I checked "All Courses" but only can see completed courses from the previous summer semester.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Me and my mom just recently purchased English 3 and Art 1, part A for both, for some reason they aren't popping up in my canvas and I don't know the issue. It's currently been 2 days since being purchased and they have appeared nowhere.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking to create a space for student cohorts to communicate throughout their journey.  I have used dedicated Canvas rooms for discussion boards but that gets a bit clunky with a few hundred students in it.  Does anyone have any other recommen...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a group of science teachers who want to have students submit signed lab policy documents in Canvas but don't want to assign the submission a grade. I can't figure out a workaround. If they display the grade as "ungraded, " there isn't a submis...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As instructor, I have "Pages" hidden in my Course Menu, so that students can't access the link.  However, I use the link daily, and would very much like it to be visible to me near the top of the Course Menu.Is there a way for an instructor to have a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I have a situation in which a teacher has accessed a quiz and written their own content there thinking that it was their quiz, however it turns out that the quiz was not theirs but another teacher's... Is there a way to bring back earlier content...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I log in and canvas in in flashing mode. I can no see my classes 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When in edit mode, the save button disappears. Any fix for that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot make a group in my class at the moment. am able to see the groups, which is empty, but I can not make a group for my group project. My whole class is having this issue.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have started using design tools in my courses as an instructor,  particularly the 'quick check' feature. One way to have used this is in a lesson where I address common FAQs about the assessment, and here, it is used at the end as an 'I understand ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our teachers can no longer see a course on their dashboard. I have checked and they are still assigned to the course, but it will not appear on the dashboard. Is there a limit on how many courses a teacher can be assigned to? Any help would be...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  Is there a way to get the interactive student edition of the Kindergarten eVision Math to project in a way to view the entire slide?We are having to scroll and move the slide to see all of the content on a given page and its making it difficu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

https://wsisd.instructure.com/courses/28278/content_migrations   One of my courses has an import that is stuck in the queue. This is bogging down transferring assignments from one course to another. Is there any way you can take it out of the queue o...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies