Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Situation:  New user and I'm teaching an online, asynchronous class.  Students can log in whenever to do their work.I'm planning to give a quiz, but I am concerned about students' wandering eyes when they don't know the answer to a question and try t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I tried to add a new student to a course, but they keep reporting that they haven't received the invite email. I eventually gave up and tried inviting them via a different email address, which went through. I wonder if the original email bounced beca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We want to report and view mastery/ outcomes/ standards at account and sub-account level. However, when we view a given student, we (and we believe they) see ALL outcomes at above Canvas course level even if they are not connected to those standards ...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I can't open files that is posted on canvas. This is both pdfs and docx documents. It works on my phone and other computers, just not my personal computer. When I try to open the file, it opens, but it's blank.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi, can user access be managed at a module level?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

is there a way for a marker to automatically insert 0 in all unanswered questions of a quiz?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi There, Does anyone know if Canvas has  feature or an integration that can help to reduce the time that teachers spend in grading, mostly written responses or essays? This can be more of using auto-grading process as well as providing feedback auto...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I just wanna ask a question.Can we access recorded instructors' video lection in the Canvas after we graduate?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having issues with one of my courses not saving my completed sessions as complete. For example, Module 1, sessions 2 and 3 to be exact, anytime I log out and back in, the system un-checks, or makes it appear I have NOT completed sessions 2 and 3...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An external tool has been implemented at a University using LTI1.3.The tool generates messages that are relayed through CANVAS Notifications to both the Instructor and Students enrolled in the course. That's nominal.However, a copy of every notificat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My school account is xxxxxx@student.aru.ac.uk, and my student number is xxxxx88. I have been unable to log in my email, please ask for a solution. Consistently show the problem in the picture, but I didn't do anything

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-28-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to make it possible for my students to schedule appointments. When I go to the calendar, I can create events, but there is no option to create an "Appointment Group".  I assume this is because Scheduler is not enabled, how do I enable it?...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, how do you get the "move" option in the Discussions section? I need to re-order my discussion posts but I don't have a move option and when I simply drag and drop the discussion does not stay put. Any help is appreciated!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having trouble on safari to view the grade page as well as on the discussion board when I try to post it keeps saying loading replies. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've created a question bank of about fifty items. I created a quiz, linked it to a question bank, and created a question group to pull five items from the question bank. When I save and preview the quiz, it contains every item in the question bank.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had completed a class assignment that did not save the completion status once I had finished the assignment; however, after I moved on to the next assignment the instructor informed us to take a screenshot of once you complete this assignment and s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I had a course in Dec 2021 but now when I see the details it is missing all the data like students, quizzes, enrolment dates are changes, files everything has disappeared. I can just se the course title on the dashboard but inside there is not...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a teacher I am trying to  upload documents and it says ERROR 400, what is this

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can control the date and time an announcement starts to by using the "delay posting" option.  How do I stop an announcement's display?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!  two students entered my class after registration and  I was asked to email them the canvas course. How do i do so?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a student for the Hybrid online remedial course for Registered nurses and observed that two videos stated for instructors

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have about 30 assignments listed under assignments with descriptions and due date.  the students ask that it appears on their calendars as a reminder.  how do I do that? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use text-to-speech (reading) software and TurnItIt seems to be reluctant to allow me to do this for marking (it also seems to have issue with dictation software for feedback).  Are there any work arounds?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When grading Assignments in the Google LTI, is there a way to make student submissions anonymous similar to the feature on Speedgrader?  

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A student reported the following concerns when taking a quiz: It often jumps you back to the first question.The flagging option is not great.It's hard to tell what questions you've completed and answered and which ones you still have left.Do you have...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've noticed recently that there are light green checkmarks next to some published items in modules rather than the usual standard green. Any idea what the difference is? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi all:I am working with a faculty member on an issue I've not seen before: their videos (mp4) are not listed in under the 'media' option from the file picker menu in the RCE for page/announcement creation. Rather, one must navigate through the file ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Multiple computers - iMacs, MacBook, Mac Pro - as of this week many functions in Canvas have stopped working. Clicking on item like Quizzes, Files, shows a blank screen. Different versions of Safari in multiple macOS versions from Catalina to Ventura...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-25-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is a roll back possible to graded essay questions after editing a Quiz? We just edited a Quiz type assignment in Canvas that was currently being offered to students live because we discovered that students were having one question as extra credit (0 ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies