Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When using a rubric it used to populate the score from the rubric once complete into speedgrader..  Now this functionality is not working on existing rubrics.  It is only working on new rubrics.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

• 3 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I was wondering if there are any variables we can work with in Canvas such as date, course title, student name, etc..One thing we are doing is a static footer on every page with our copyright text. I was hoping we could change this to a dynamic date ...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Several students had an issue of not being able to complete a quiz that was transporte/imported from Etudes.  I fixed the question in the quiz and it displays properly on my computer.  Then I tried it from my iPad and my Samsung tablet.  In both case...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do you add a signature line in the Canvas email 

• 15 Likes
  • 23 Replies

I was commenting on a discussion post and when I hit submit, my post disappeared.  The discussion post had locked at midnight but I didn't realize my post had a time limit, so when i hit submit it disappeared.  Is it gone forever or is it somewhere o...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone had issues with SpeedGrader reformatting Word documents? It seems like I have several students whose essays are being negatively reformatted by SpeedGrader. I'm just telling them to turn it in as a PDF for the time being, but is there anot...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to add the Test Student to a group (or create a Test Group), so that as an instructor I can see the functionality that the students can see and use?

• 7 Likes
  • 11 Replies

First time user with Canvas.  Hopefully this makes sense.  I need to know how I cannot allow my students access to my class I created last year and only allow them access to the class this year without deleting last year's class?I just don't want my ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have a 3 question quiz I want to score as a maximum of 2 points.  (ie. they get 0 pts for all 3 wrong, 1 pt for two wong, and 2 pts if they have either 1 wrong or zero wrong.)How do I go about doing this?  (Essentially making anyone with all 3 ques...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Eek!  I reopened an assignment that had about 100 ungraded submissions so that some students who missed the closing date could submit.  Somehow, only those last handful of students now show up in the gradebook.  How can I retrieve those submissions t...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can you import a Google Form to a Canvas Quiz?

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

So I have looked at different areas in the Community (the Migration Strategies area, for example) and I can't seem to find an answer. You guys in the Community are so awesome, that I know someone will chime in and give me some ideas on where to go in...

• 7 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am using the insert equation within Canvas, but cannot find the Geometry Notation that I need.  Such as Segment AB written as AB with a bar over the top of it, or Arrow for Ray, or double arrow for Lines.  I also need the congruence symbol and the ...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to turn off notifications for my students in my course settings?  I know the students can turn off their own notification settings in their individual accounts, but I want to set the course itself to not send out notifications. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 27 Likes
  • 37 Replies

I'm a Canvas administrator and I am seeing this issue occur periodically at our school and I have seen this issue previously as well (been using Canvas since 2011):Old calendar events are getting copied to new courses inadvertently when an instructor...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Why is my video quality so poor when I use my HD webcam to record a video when using the Record Media function in Canvas?  The camera looks great when recording elsewhere or using Zoom. Does Canvas severely limit recording resolution?

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Are you able to see the quiz statistics when all of the student enrollments in a course are concluded? I have been looking and it does not appear so. When there is at least one active student in the course when you go to the quiz details this appears...

• 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi all, is there a way to disable student comments on assignments? I find that students use the comment option to ask questions that they should be emailing me, and I'd rather them not have the option to comment.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 31 Replies

Ever since Canvas moved over to DocViewer, the system randomly renders Word Documents, arbitrarily shifting the fonts, line-spacing, and other formatting. This makes the Speedgrader app completely incapable of use for assessing things like document f...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 55 Likes
  • 74 Replies

New to Canvas.  I am sorry if this was answered somewhere already.Desire:  Email multiple students that have either yet to login or are otherwise unengaged - all at once.  (similar to how you can do it in gradebook on a missing assignment or no submi...

• 7 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to know if it is possible to hid the to do list from the student view.  We are having an issue with some students clicking on the assignments from the to do list instead of following the order of the modules.  It would be less confusing ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 32 Likes
  • 42 Replies

In a Canvas page, that is.This seems super-basic, but I can't find anything better than switching into HTML Editor mode.  Some insert menu would be OK, but I'm really hoping for a keyboard shortcut.  (macOS, if it makes a difference.)

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Hello, I noticed this issue was asked about in this thread a year ago, but I could not find a solution.  When I require a Quiz to be taken with LDB, the "require LDB for feedback and results" option is selected by default, but after students take the...

• 3 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I am trying to find the simplest way to copy a quiz so I can modify it for a small group of students. I've been searching through the help and have found how to copy/move questions (via the unfiled question banks); however, I want to know if I can ac...

• 8 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Why are the answer boxes so small on quizzes? I get why matching questions need small boxes--space is limited on screen due to the layout. But there appears to be plenty of room to expand the boxes to the right for multiple choice and multiple answer...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm an instructor who has been adding comments/annotations within the textbox for SpeedGrader and my students just informed me they haven't seen these.  They see the comments in the "Assignment Comments" section but apparently when I submit the grade...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello all!I have two questions regarding creating custom menus on pages:1) I've made a custom menu (html in the text editor, using custom css file) for the modules and the module´s pages to be displayed in a "right column" (which unfortunately is par...

• 9 Likes
  • 16 Replies

Perhaps I missed something on the latest Release Notes, though I double-checked things.  I started seeing this yesterday, and just got my first faculty email on it. On my campus, at least, while editing anything with a link in the RCE, what used to b...

• 25 Likes
  • 22 Replies

I am an instructor and have many practice quizzes on Canvas for students to take to help themselves review for our exams. However, right now all of the practice quizzes appear in one long list of quizzes. I'd like to categorize the quizzes (lecture r...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Let's say I want to refer someone to a post that already exists, either in the same discussion or another discussion. Is there a way to do that using the tools? If not, is there a way to find the URL for a given discussion post?

• 6 Likes
  • 14 Replies