Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

The issue is how to manage students and have a list of control to assign all the pack to courses at once.  I know this philosophy is against the canvas model where you assign people to courses . I read there's an API and csv way to do it but there is...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why i cant enable the new quizzes option in settings in my course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just logging in and trying to get a quick overview, but I'm getting a message I need to mark complete to move on from the welcome page. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A few questions: for the FREE version of Canvas for my MSLxD degree How do I print all of the analytics from my module after implementation? Why doesn't the new analytics button work? This is the message I get. "This user has an inactive enrollment s...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In the statistics report from quizzes, you can see how many students missed a question. The issue is that if a student gets multiple attempts, only the attempt kept is showing in the statistics.   So if a student misses the same question twice, but g...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Short version: Can Teachers view enrollment history at all? If an Observer is removed, will they be able to see that the Observer was once in the class? Long version: We are doing some anonymous peer review. If a Teacher is removed from a course shel...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to make a video (.mp4) file viewable/watchable within Quercus, but not downloadable for students? For example, if the professor wants to make a recording of the lecture available for reference, but only within Quercus. Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I have a question about the quiz activity log. For an essay question, it will say something like the student answered this question 27 times. When I view each of these "answers," you can typically see the progression of how the student typed out t...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I would like to know what the default font used on Canvas is.  I am revising a module that has 2 different fonts and would like to make them both the same, but am unsure as to which to choose from the Font choices to make all wording cohesive.Rega...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to import a QTI zip file into the Admin Question Bank, however I can only do this at the course level. I have tried searching the guides and forums for an answer with no luck. Has anyone found a workaround or solution to this? Thank you,C...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When publishing an assignment I forgot to put how many points the grade is worth. So it shows 80/0 or 100/0 for example. I can not find a way to correct this. Any help?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to view my exam questions to review and edit without opening one by one, but it only allows 25. This is really frustrating. Is there any way to extend the amount? I have 50 and 100 question exams.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some background. I have a tutor who has been allocated the teacher role on a course. But when they go to mark via speedgrader they are constatly getting an popup error stating - Sorry, there are either no active students in the course or none gradabl...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just created a quiz with two of the questions set up as groups, each set to choose one question out of two, with one point per question. The quiz had 7 total questions, so should have been worth 7 points. Before publishing the quiz, I noticed that ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I'm looking into setting up the MS Teams integration and am reading MS's documentation here Step 4 says "Enable the LTI apps you are going to deploy..."  My question is, which keys do I need to deploy, I see:Microsoft Teams meetingsMicrosoft ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As an instructor, if I would like to provide my classes with additional websites, videos, etc. that are relevant to discussion of that week, would I post them as a new discussion, as an announcement, or send a message to their inbox? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All, Canvas Support let me know that: You cannot sync an assignment or quiz to the Synergy gradebook UNLESS one of the following criteria is met: 1) The assignment must be assigned to EVERYONE OR 2) You utilize Sections in your course and the assignm...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How am I supposed to insert an image in a New Question, Topic, or Message.   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Module 6/Topic 6/Getting Started with Arduino/ In the course book/ page 22.It says the code "pinMode(A0,  INPUT);" twice. Does it mean A0 & A1? Please open the attachment/file.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings, Canvas opens for me on the page with the chat from one of my courses. I'd like it to open on the page with all my course tiles, which I believe it is supposed to do. If anyone can help I'd be grateful! (I am both an instructor and a studen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Respondus Browser plays back my 5 second video without audio.  My speakers work fine, so I'm guessing it's my microphone that I never use.  Do I need to buy a microphone to take a test?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I posted in my team discussion thread for school and I am unable to see other posts from students. One student responded to mine but I have not seen theirs? Is this normal? I thought students had to post before being able to reply to others.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Kia Ora! With CanvasConnect coming up in August, I thought I would reach out to those of you who might be coming in the day before. If there is interest, I’d love to get together for a 'pre conference' convo around Canvas, AI or other pressing topics...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to download student assignment submissions as a course instructor for courses that are completed and students are now inactive?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been considering the possibility of using Canvas data to identify students who are underperforming in one or more courses. With New Analytics, professors can identify students in a course who aren't opening pages or completing assignments; my th...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is anybody else getting a weird message when important an IMSCC file into a new course?  While it says there is an import error (see pic attached) all the assingments and activities come through and are visible to both teachers and students.  Thought...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all: Is there a way to batch move files from the default location to subfolders I create? At this time I only know how to move one at a time. Thank you in advance.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to put together this module. Just asking for information. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies