Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have done all the steps to load into google drive. The google drive has access and it is linked properly but when I go and try to open the modules this is what the link opens up to. I don't know what to do.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is it possible to set up a quiz when only one or two students are required to have a code to access a quiz and the rest of the class does not?     I have a couple students with proctoring requirements and I want to limit their access to the quiz.  I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,We are trying to figure out a way to make a check appear in the gradebook when a video, uploaded as an assignment, has been watched. I've tried an LTI (H5p) with mixed success.Any suggestions for Canvas alone? Thanks,Elizabeth

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, I just need help logging into my canvas account

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-03-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It seems that neither I nor the student can delete old submissions. This is a video assignment, and she has uploaded twice. (The student was modifying her video and resubmitting before the due date.) Now, she is saying Canvas will not let her upload ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I understand how to change notifications settings, as an instructor teaching three courses (over 100 students), I don't want to get an email every time a student completes an assignment. Which setting do shut off? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Using Powershell. I can get a list of 851 enrolled users in this course and section:$result = Invoke-RestMethod -Method GET -uri "https://XXXX.instructure.com/api/v1//courses/508/sections/579" -header $headers -body @{include = "students";enrollment_...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student reported that she couldn't answer any of the matching questions on a Canvas test because when she clicked on the drop-down menus next to the questions, the answer choices flickered, and she couldn't select an answer.Is this a known issue in...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm a high school teacher of a year-long course where grades reset at the beginning of each new semester. I am able to see scores for only semester 2 in the 'regular' (points-based) gradebook, but can't figure out how to do this in the learning maste...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have several tests (quizzes) in my completed course at one university. However, I am currently teaching the same course at another university. Because of all the coding and time involved in creating a major test on Canvas, I would like to transfer ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I upload my transcript to the canvas portfolio?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Canvas Admin in a grade 6-12 (Secondary) school, I would like to run a report showing the outcomes that have been aligned to rubrics in specific courses. Please help.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

why there is no zoom link on canvas? Also, why there is no tech support for student on canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone know of a way I could give students a question where they had to plot their answers on a number line? I am a math teacher giving a test in New Quizzes.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings:I am trying to embed Microsoft Teams Meeting into my Canvas( Free for Teacher) courses.  I have installed the Office 365 App, but when I go External APPS, View APP Configurations the option for Microsoft Teams Meetings has a padlock icon to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I can't access my test even after I have downloaded the Lockdown browser. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I would like one of my students to be able to return to a concluded course they recently completed to be able to read comments that were left for them under one of their discussion activities. However, whenever they try to access the course (which co...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To add to this question, How do you create a multiple choice question where the instructor is able to mark all of the answers as correct.  The student then is able to select just one answer and receive full credit OR they can answer whichever respons...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I noticed when I tried to do a canvas course export my rubrics did not transfer. Is there a way to export the rubrics that I have created? I have already done a canvas export package. The assignment is there but no rubric.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to know about this boy in my class i would like to give him a note is there anyway to see there frist and last name in canvic somehow

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-02-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I rely on text-to-speech when composing student comments. One of the most useful features is the ability to speak the name of a punctuation mark, and have it appear. This feature has not worked for several weeks, regardless of what computer I'm using...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are in the process of transitioning to Canvas and are currently training our faculty. Since we began, several push notifications are now "unsupported". Has this been a recent change? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had a question asked of me by the faculty.  Is there a way within Canvas to assign students to their degree advisors?  The purpose of the question was to allow the advisor to check the student's grades without giving the advisor access to grades fr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have been using Canvas for several weeks fine and now my videos are buffering.  I use Chrome and it is the latest version.  How do I fix this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For two years now, I have copied my courses from semester to semester and everything has worked fine.  This semester, I copied all my different courses (everything) from last semester to this semester and all of my links in "pages" for all of my clas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiWe are based in Sweden and have set our default language to Swedish.We are about to start a course where the students speak Spanish. Is there any way we can make sure they see a Spanish login page the first time they try to log in?RegardsTim Little...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I have an assignment group that contains a handful of assignments all worth the same amount of points. I have added a rule to drop the 2 lowest assignments. I have given 1 assignment so far from this group, which a few students did not turn in. I ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Aside from using assignments set to each individual student, is there any way to create a page that is unique to each student in a course? What I'm aiming to do is create a unique page for each user in the course which will display information specif...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies