Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hey everyoneI have a set of 18 quizzes that use 3 question banks. I have set it to pull 5-10 questions from first 2 banks, and then pull 1-2 from the 3rd bank. I would like to change the 3rd bank questions into extra credit questions. It doesn't seem...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've just busted my first student for using ChatGPT to generate an assignment. Clearly this will become more and more prevalent. My question is this--will Canvas embed an AI detector into their LMS? I would love to see this. Currently, I'm using http...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do I, as an instructor, remove old Course Cards from my dashboard? The previous semester's cards are still there, taking up space along with the other 10 Canvas Course Cards various administrative entities have enrolled me in.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  I have registered for Canvas with my school email: robinsonm@chs.k12.ok.us I have been unable to log in and it does not accept my password.  It also shows my username at mrobinson614.  How can I get this corrected?  I am only trying to view a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can a letter grade accopany a percentage in the gradebook? That is, 97% (A) as in BBL

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

So i've been trying to figure out how to view all classes on my dashboard. I'm on the web browser version of canvas. i have clicked on everything and cant figure out how to see all my classes. Theres a specific one i need and its not Favorited. Pleas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The "new activity" button in the list view (I prefer it, so I know what assignments I have for the day) is, for lack of a better word, annoying, and I have read the feedback already. Here is what I am talking about with a screenshot (the link redirec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where in Canvas can I find the MLA style rules for text citations, quotations, etc., for a Formal Summary Essay?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

The update of Inbox of January 2023 is not yet visible in our account. Is there something we should do to see the improvement? It is visible in the beta version. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

System Admin here. I've exported a user activity log csv and wondering what would cause the context_id field to differ from the information in the url field for the same record? Example for one record:Url column: https://mycanvasite.com/courses/1234/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have found that using a "Student Annotation" assignments allows us to post and have students complete math tests within Canvas. There are two problems, though. 1) We can't use Lockdown with assignments, so can't lock these things. 2) "Student Anno...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, is there a way to know if the learners already claimed their badges?After we issued the badge, is there a way to know if they even looked at it, clicked the link, downloaded it etc. and not just the number of shares in social media?Thank you! 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The syllabus would be a perfect place to put a link to contact the professor, but I'm having trouble finding a way to do it that keeps the communication inside Canvas.It's easy enough to insert a mailto link so students can click it to automatically ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-27-2023 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In a recent update, we seem to lost text structure in the comments. That structure is shown when you click "Show all details", but you used to be able to expand one comment at a time, while retaining the original text structure in which the comment w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a course for a college project, published the course, and provided my professor with the link. She says she cannot access my course. Are there steps I'm missing so she can view my course and grade it? I have attached the link below.My ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not know how to attach a file to a reply email.  Can you give step by step instructions

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Same as subject, but I cannot access basic information from a Political Science Class that I am taking from Utah State University. And the Teachers Assistant has little to no patience or time The class is called POLS 2100 International relations. I m...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to create a new category for a few students who want to do an Honors Project for a College Algebra class. Is there a way to create a special assignment for them, make it part of their overall grade, include it in their gradebook without ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I would like to have different number values for each student who takes a test imported from Test Gen. Is it possible to do it? The settings in Test Gen allow us to print different versions of a test for an in person course. How can we transfer this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I view copies of Messages that I have sent to students (or to discrete student groups) using People?.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my canvas I can clearly see my assignments on my calendar, however when I click them rather than it bringing me to the assignment it just brings me to the entire class. Does anyone know how to fix this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community!I have an instructor that is asking if it's possible to view all of his comments in the gradebook for either a particular assignment, a particular student, or the entire class. Ideally it would be a master list of all his comments...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am using Inbox to send regular communications to the class.  At times, I would like to forward just the original message.  When I filter on Sent Messages, it does show all of my messages, but they also include the student replies.   I would like to...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i register my icev card for ag45

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Our students do an observed OSCE and so we provide feedback to each student via a words document. Is it possible to return this to the student via the assignment features rather then email out individual feedback to each student? Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In my gradebook it is not showing my percent's. It in my All grading grading periods how do I get my assignments in the right term and show percent's 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A few users in our district don't get the option to resize images by dragging the corner of the images in the rich content editor.  We have tried multiple browsers and different file types but specific users are unable to resize while most users are....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach online public speaking (asynchronous), and one of the requirements for speech videos is for students to have an audience of 5 people. Some students can't gather that many people, and one idea was to set up a special Discussion Board where stu...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

The Quiz Item Analysis stopped working yesterday (Jan. 24, 2023) for my assessments. When I go to reports, it has 0 for Standard Deviation and 0 for high and low scores and the mean.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies