Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I am the Distance Learning Coordinator for my site (so admin/instructional design/all-in-one/etc).   One of my faculty has decided to not use modules and just make all assignments via the Assignment area (which is restricted from student access) t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to send an announcement to multiple sections of the same course?Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

While this seems to be a minor 'issue', I am surprised it is occurring. In the Dashboard List view, one can scroll up and see content from expired courses. I would say that this is not helpful and can be quite confusing for students. Is there a way t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I created a sample exam in New Quizzes and tried to upload a document as part of the instruction, but I was unable to find the document upload from the rich text editor field. Is the feature removed under New Quizzes?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-31-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I don't see my classes in my canvas any one knows why?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-30-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I had my students do a pre-course survey. It appears canvas only lets you see the results one student at a time. I have over 40 students, and you can see why this is a problem. I would like to tally the result and share with the class. So it will hel...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you export a theme and place it into a different canvas account? Is this possible?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When setting up a discussion board, the name of the person posting a message shows up on the upper left margin. Is there some way, some setting, that would highlight the instructor's name so that it would stand out from the messages posted by student...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Necesito saber si hay opcion a crear grupos de trabajo en zoom? y como puedo instalar un puntero en la clase ZOOM para ir señalando puntos claves en la presentación asi como si existe opcion a escribir sobre lo que se esta presentando. Quedo atenta y...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings, Many of our students use the Bell List (the bell notification visible in List View) to keep themselves organized. If they hit the X on an assignment, that assignment is then moved to the Dismissed list and no longer visible unless the stud...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When creating an assignment I don't always want to assign it to everyone, but I also don't want to have to type in every students name. My classes are large;30 students. I may want to assign to all but one or two students. Is there a way I can do thi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

what am I supposed to do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to transfer in content from itsLearning to Canvas? I am an educator moving from itsLearning to Canvas and would like to save as much of my course content as possible.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a TA in a course and have created rubrics for course assignments. However, the TA for the other section of the course can not see/use the rubrics I've created. How do you publish a rubric to the course for future use? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I hope someone has some answers for a niche issue in our institution.A student that is part of a 5 person group does not see the group submission on a recent assignment. The submission has been graded with teacher feedback through annotations, but as...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My students write reflections monthly in a discussion thread.  Then other students within the class comment on each reflection.  I want an easy way to print the entire discussion board.   How do I do this?  Thanks. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

All my students use canvas through the Lenovo tablet (Android OS) they receive from the school to attend the online classes, we've been doing this for over 3 years now and never had a problem... but since December for some students, big blue button i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As yet, no response from ICT; Please advise  - completed lots of training on WEA hub using non-WEA e-mail address and created password to sign in. Still only recognising this non-WEA credentials when attempt to access wea.instructer.com. How is it ch...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who wants to create a curriculum in the built-in editor in Canvas, but she's told that the curriculum is too long and that she can't save and publish it.She can see that there are 1552 words in the curriculum.Can you somehow change h...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there an option to do this? I'd like to automate sending messages after a predetermined time (probably a day after) to students/parents who haven't turned in assignments. I understand it's possible to send messages to students who haven't turned a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I make CANVAS link with the Quizizz.com assignments  I give my students, so that it automatically pulls up the grade they get in Quizizz.com and transfer it to CANVAS.  I cannot use the external link because I do not find Quizizz.c om in the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2024 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have a domain in AWS. How can I make a canvas subdomain for my domain? e.g., canvas.<mydomain>.com

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Sir/Madam,I was unable to create assignment in the learner lab. I couldnt find the 'Group' button to create assignment group and 'Assignment' button to enter the assignment details.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For some reason adding a lock to Canvas Module does not show up at the end of the module. Apparently, there is a problem with being able to lock the modules on Canvas for a later date. Any ideas why?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you find SIS # for a student? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have left one message to one of my students, but I could not find it from canvas system. I wonder where I can find the message history between me and students? Thanks. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear All,What I am going to discuss is driving me insane (my psychiatrist told me to tell Canvas "Thank you.") because the behavior of Canvas in this situation completely flies in the face of rational logical behavior.Here is the situation. I have as...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How can I view a past assignment I submitted and that was graded for a class I had to withdrawl from due to health issues?  Im now retaking the course and can not access and assignment I already completed.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-29-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have access to one of my two kids report cards. I see how i can ask the missing child to create a pairing code but how do i add my other child with out them knowing I have access?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies