Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When I add a new module, the default setting automatically places it at the bottom of the course. If I want the new module at the top of the screen for my students, I have to manually drag it to the top of the page. Is there a way to change the defau...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I access submissions from students who were enrolled in a past course that is no longer published?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I’m a new instructor, have never used Canvas before.  I would like to copy my syllabus,  a word doc on my laptop, into Canvas.  How do I go about doing that?  Also, I have in that syllabus a lot of URLs to reading assignments.  I wanted to have a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I'm aware that Canvas can shuffle the responses within each question when an exam is activated for our students. However, my issue is I would like Canvas to not shuffle the questions themselves (they can shuffle the multiple choices within, but...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hi,I  was wondering if there was a way to upload files from the desktop automatically, that is without me doing anything more than saving them to a folder. A drop box or  app like Google Drive. It would be nice for student work, documents t hat I'm u...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When logged in as my student on desktop version all tabs are gone, grades, assignments, modules, etc. Only the one that it defaults to when we first click the course can be seen. When logged in as myself I have the tabs but am unable to see any grade...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a course that is not showing up and missing on canvas but I am enrolled in the class. What should I do? I'm sure assignments are going to build up and I need this class. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have students who are missing the BEGIN  button to start an assignment.  It is not all of them, just one or two for different assignments.  I have tried doing some troubleshooting with them (refresh, log out then back in, etc.) but nothing seems to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,How do I actually use Microsoft on iMac

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have an iMac, but the Veterans system requires Microsoft, the program is loaded onto to the system, but there is not information about Microsoft, please advise and thank you in advance. only safari, google Chrome and another program I am not...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi all, i follow the canvas installation from the official git hub page of the canvaslms and install on virtual box (no error found), but after the installation how can i access the canvas from host PC. can any one help me on this ? thank you for you...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

hi All, We have built conferences with Blue Button in preparation for the new school term. How can I turn off email notifications to my students so I can schedule to tell them at a later date?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, when I log into Canvas it only shows the account  dashboard, inbox,studio,  and help. It does shows the course, group or calendar. I cant access. How do i solve this issue because class starts soon!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-12-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I write something on my bio?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I went to notifications and made sure that it would notify on all submissions immediately. I went and submitted an assignment though, and it didn't send me an email. I then tried to do it with a new email and no luck. Is there anything I'm doing wron...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to select a given question in a Canvas Quiz (or even a Discussion) and see all of the student responses to that specific question? If an instructor wants to compare all of the student responses to a question and adjust their grading ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can designers on canvas design homework questions?Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assigned a peer review to students and checked "anonymous" reviews. However, students can see who reviewed their work by going to Canvas grade book. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't think this was the case before.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I was wondering how to hide my name (as a grader) from both the class list and speedgrader when I make comments?Please let me know, and thanks!Best,Kavya

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a few assignments in which I have embedded Panopko videos that I want to remove so I can re-do the video and embed in the same assignment.  How do I remove a video in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every time I hit record it does the countdown and then immediately shuts down the pop up window and I cannot record. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!Would anyone happen to know if Canvas inflates grades? Thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does Canvas offer a repository of vetted images that can be used in a Canvas course?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

cuando intento importar un curso .imscc como paquete de exportación de canvas, llega al 100% y se queda estancado, después en el historial aparece lo siguiente }error identifying package type: unknown mime type unknown/unknown for archive attachment_...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

HeyAs it says in the subject line, we are interested in exploring using the Rest and Data API to make meaningful dashboards on what students are doing/have done on Canvas. I am open to hearing about any and all leads/information from the very basic t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have google chrome 109+ that I updated from v.106. Respondus lockdown browser refuses to load saying my google chrome is incorrectly version 106. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the previous system I used, it was possible to export the list of students to an Excel file, and create an attendance list that was suitable for printing. Is this at all possible in Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction of finding the teacher learner modules that have been mentioned in previous videos. There are 3 self-paced modules for teachers to complete and understand how to use Canvas. We are wanting...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies