Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Once i publish an annoucement, it looks like a jumbled mess. Does anyone know how to fix this? Support hasn't provided anything useful yet.    

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Instructor here.First, the easy one: is there really NO way to style Inbox messages? Really? Second: Canvas has stopped sending email notifications when a student uses the Inbox to contact me. I’m not sure if this just happened or if it’s been true f...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are using PowerSchool as our SIS and connected with Canvas LMS.  We have a teacher who resigned  on 2/3 and a new teacher started on 2/4. How do you handle this change in Canvas?  If the teacher who left remains active in PS (but cannot log in), t...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! I am teaching a course that allows students three unexcused absences. After the third absence, they lose 5% of their overall grade for each additional unexcused absence. Meaning four unexcused absences would result in a loss of 5% overall, fiv...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,I am helping an instructor who is teaching a course where group sets are attached to multiple discussion board assignments, with the exception of one board. When she goes into Speedgrader to grade the discussions on the board that has no group ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When transferring SIS providers I have lost the notification that occurred when a user's account was created by the SIS.  Would inserting "canvas_password_notification" heading column with a boolean "True" next to each user trigger a notification onl...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all, I have a user who is having a strange behavior with their forum posts within Canvas. Some of their posts are changing the language from english to something else (I believe it's Thai) on their own as the student says they are not doing it, an...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Some discrimination scores are displayed in red and others in green+black. What is the significance of the colors? I searched but can't find an explanation.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to have the text boxes resize when students are annotating? Right now, typed text goes from edge to edge. We've tried looking for a way to resize but can't find it. We've tried putting returns in the text--that doesn't work. There has ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hey, my name is Terisha Sigler, and I need help with signing in and trying to see my teacher I don't know if I'm doing it right and I'm trying to do it before the 22nd so I won't get dropped from the class.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I created my Canvas Sandbox, I created using my company name. So it is companyname.instructure.com. However, now that I want to show Demo of my product to my target audience, I feel I should give them link of my subdomain that reflects the produ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I am a new student and I am having trouble finding how to download my ebooks and where I can send an email. I kind of stumbled across this option and thought I might be able to get an answer here. Can anyone please help with directing me? I ju...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi CANVAS Community,A Student wrote me the following email:"I have a request about the platform, I am trying to add different files as sometimes I do it from work on my spare times and not using my computer the whole time so that means I cant save it...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Howdy,I'm looking for a way to determine the date that students first access a course.Is it possible to pull a report or similar showing this, without the use of Canvas Data?Cheers

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Via the "Reports" feature, I can get a count of students that got a question right or wrong (by looking at the distribution of scores).How can I get a list of the specific students that got a particular question wrong? I've got an issue with a questi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am attempting to add another instructor at my institution (in my department) to my canvas class as a teacher.I sent her an invite via the email option and got the message that the invite has been sent. However, she didn't get it. I attempted to re-...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an instructor that is attempting to post 10-minute feedback videos for student submissions. After he records the video within Canvas, it can take a few minutes to process or just hangs and never processes. I did a speed test with him and his u...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Will I need a subscription to Microsoft Office 365?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am current trying to create a learning program to my coworkers and would like to know if it is possible to group different courses into a learning journey. Let's say it is a software learning journey composed of courses for multiple tools (P...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've already submitted a support ticket for this and it has been attached to EVAL-2857.  I just wanted to see if anybody else was experiencing this and/or had specific information about a timeline on this. Our student support team is getting hammered...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Apparently this is the only way to change your community name. Someone. Please. Help.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to add my rubric to an assignment and then use it in Speedgrader. I do not see the box to check to "use this rubric for assignment grading" as an option. It's not a huge deal, but then when I am grading in Speedgrader I need to reenter th...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have written comments on all of my 20 students paper on Gradebook, doing all of them before I submitted them, but when I went back to them (and they now have an asterisk by the comment) the "submit" function does not seem to upload the comments and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I log in to my Canvas page, the following display pops-up and does not allow me to access my information and courses, what should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to download all submissions as a zip drive, so that I can share the files.  I am not seeing the option to "Download Submissions." I only see speedgrader and how many have a file to be graded.  My students have submitted a Media recording ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For those who recently migrated to Canvas, did you choose to have Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes (or both) turned on? There is a plethora of information about quizzes available in the community - so much so that it is hard to find a simple answer. I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What does "participation" actually measure under New Analytics?  It doesn't seem as though it's page views since that value can be vastly different than the participation number.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After editing an ASSESSMENT link, the colored button disappeared from the page. How would I restore this?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Los profesores me piden que les explique como exportar las notas finales para los alumnos (les mostré el csv en excel, pero no les gusto) y quieren que se vea el logo de euneiz y que parezca mas "profesional" y no solo un simple excel.Quieren que sal...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies