Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We have a "Major Assessment" calendar that all the teachers have access to so they can see what other tests, quizzes, etc. are due on certain days.  I have a new teacher on campus that I want to add to this calendar and the person that traditionally ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are integrating SIS with Canvas and the plan is to have user portrait images populate from SIS to Canvas.Is there a Canvas-wide admin setting that restricts students from changing their profile image?If not, then is there an alternative method tha...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why i cant able to login with my goggle account 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, An error occurred when I tried to insert a video from the Course Files.When I press F12 to view the error information, I receive the following notification:api.js:507 GET http://rce.example.com:3000/api/session net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVEDLink i...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone integrated Lottie animation files within Canvas?https://lottiefiles.com/what-is-lottie 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I manually mark an assignment as "Late", that late status is cleared when the student resubmits the assignment.  I would like my original "Late" status to remain...if the first one is late, the second one is late too.  Is there a way to keep the...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor question -- In navigation settings, I have the Gradebook hidden.  However, I have learned that students can still see their grades on assignments when they are viewing the "Syllabus" tab unless I have hidden each individual assignment as w...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi I'm a new student and am somewhat apprehensive. I've chosen this course because I have a desire to learn IT skills.  Cyber Security looks interesting. As I've looked over the course work I find there are manyqualities IT skills to choose.   I'm ea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I click on the little red symbol which shows that the file is 'only available to students with link', I try to click on publish and save, but it keeps reverting back to the same 'only available with link' setting. The file is located in the Fil...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an issue where I need to make a Zoom recording visible to just one student, who had an excused absence that day. I uploaded the zoom recording mp4 to files, but there is no way to link to it in an individual within canvas message, and it's too...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For students who have missed in-class lab quizzes, I create a makeup version of the lab quiz in canvas. This make-up is only assigned to the students who missed. I just wanted to know if all students would see this quiz or only students assigned the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This might be an oversight on my part but, I can't find the option to allow students see the group sets created by the course instructor. The instructor creating the group sets can see them as tabs. However, the students in the classroom only see one...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Please,Do you know what happened? How can this be prevented?See image. Thanks! 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have a teacher using LockDown Browser for quizzes. She has the quizzes assigned individually to each block/period. The quiz is accessible only in that time frame. There is an access code. Answers are not shown until one week AFTER the quiz. However...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I created some groups for my students so they can submit the same homework in a group. They can choose their teammates. I don't know why I could not join a team when I used the 'Student View'. Appreciate any help or suggestions.     

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Enabled the feature preview for Discussions/Announcements redesign, and when @mentioning someone it successfully notifies them via email with the discussion thread. Per Canvas email, it states "Comment by replying to this message, or join the convers...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I submit a jpg file and post it already open into the Assignment area in my course? Do I use the INSERT icon in the Assignment area?  Is this download or upload? Can I send the jpg file from myphotos.google.com?  There should also be an additi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On New Quizzes, I love the updates to the Word Bank use in Fill in the Blank. However, the words are not being mixed up. I feel like it's a simple switch that I'm missing. However, neither the shuffle questions nor shuffle answers setting seems to af...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't the canvas assignment timer turn off when I exit the page? I have lost many points because I forget about it. It's an awful feature that should be removed.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just completed an assignment and I can't find assignments in Canvas to submit it. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have one student out of alpha order in my gradebook and it is driving me crazy. I have reordered them alphabetically and changed the order multiple times, but when I go back to regular alpha order, he is still out of order, How can this be fixed?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will student activity performed on the Canvas Student App be recorded in the New Analytics Data?I have a member of our lecturing staff who has witnessed a student participating in a Quiz ,on the Student App, but no record of this participation is rec...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I create a quiz in Canvas? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a grade 12 learner I got a notification that says to fill out a form on where my location is so that the school may book appropriate venues for my exams and it says I must do so on power school. But I do not know what and where power school I, may...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m currently facilitating a course on Canvas in the US, and have to travel to NZ for a month. Will I be able to access my course by using a VPN? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add a column, such as Attendance/ Extra Credit, etc.?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I copied the entire course from a previous semester and unpublished the content I did not want to use including some quizzes and assignments. Students were still able to see the old due dates. Then I went on to delete those quizzes and assignments...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I'm trying to set up a collaboration, however it won't let me click on more than one or two students' names before the new names I click, replace the old. I then clicked on the 'group' tab, thinking maybe I have to add them all at the same ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi!I grade for 16 people, and like to leave comments using the point annotation tool in speed grader. Students seem to be able to reply to my comments, but I get no notification when they do this. As a result, I only see their replies if I happen to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an assignment where students need to provide a rubric score but when I look at the student view (and this has also been reported to me from students in the class) that they can not do anything with the rubric (i.e., the comment boxes and score...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies